Monthly recurring expiration emails

More
5 years 11 months ago #116071 by Stuckshutter
Replied by Stuckshutter on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Any update on progress toward resolving this issue?
I hope so, it's a great solution otherwise and the issues have been thoroughly explained by two others posters to this thread.

Since the big money is in monthly recurring subscriptions, there are doubtless many of us who would love a slick, simple way to manage these without the hassles of confused subscribers.

We only want to hear from us if they have a problem or their card fails for some reason. Getting in touch needlessly only provides a reminder to cancel.

This component is so close to perfect you'd do yourself and a lot of us a big favor if you can resolve this one issue.

We're cheering for you...

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhoenixUK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 11 months ago #116072 by channing meyer
Replied by channing meyer on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Hi All Who have been a part of this thread:

I concur with Stuckshutter. Tuan, do we need to present the solution again we are all seeking? To PhoenixUK and Stuckshutter, how about presenting a simple outline of what we are seeking? An update to the way to show the path a user has to take now and what we think would be beneficial?

Tuan, thank you for your consideration.

More
5 years 11 months ago #116098 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
@All: I am sorry for slow on this. I have been sick for the last two weeks and could not work much (just trying my best to provide support only)

Now, I almost got recovered and will start working on this item from this weekend.

@channing meyer: Any chance of giving me a sample setup of your plan which is affected by this issue? Or if it is possible, give me a quick access to your site administrator area (I need about 10 mins access, check data of one field in table #__osmebership_subscribers payment_made and make sure it's recorded properly as I expect).

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eileen

More
5 years 11 months ago #116101 by Stuckshutter
Replied by Stuckshutter on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Hi Tuan,
Being sick isn't any fun, glad you are back 100%...
I have not finished implementing this until the subscription feature is resolved. It is clear that PhoenixUK and Channing have it implemented and would be the best people to contact for server access.
However, if there is no other choice, I'll bring it live and set up a test subscription.
I don't think that is the best way to make sure this works properly for at least two of your existing loyal users.... but I am happy to help.
Thanks

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 11 months ago #116297 by channing meyer
Hi Tuan:

I will send you info later today.
THank you.

More
5 years 11 months ago #116298 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Many thanks. Please remember to give me ID of a plan which has this issue happens so that I can check your settings

Tuan

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #116377 by channing meyer
Hi Tuan:

Sorry folks about the delay. Tuan, you are going to have to find the site via proxy. Out hosting company may be blocking your area.

If you need us to provide the information about what we think needs to be adjusted, please let us know.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.

More
5 years 11 months ago #116386 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks. I received the information. In the future, maybe you should post it via support ticket instead of post it in this forum topic

Regards,

Tuan

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 11 months ago #116427 by channing meyer
Yup. I thought it was confidential for some reason. Thanks.

More
5 years 11 months ago #116659 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi All

I updated download package on server with this fix. For recurring subscription plans with fixed number of payments, the system will only send reminder emails when the last payment made instead of always sending it like how it's at the moment

For example, if you have monthly plan with 12 months payments, the system will only send reminder email when 12 payments processed (before the subscription actual expired) instead of sending every month like how it's at the moment

I must be honest that in the past, the number of payments might not recorded properly for each subscription (especially when you have Renew Subscription Behavior config option set to Update Subscription instead of Create New Subscription), so it might not work properly for old subscriptions (some of these subscriptions might not receive reminder emails at all). However, new subscriptions have this data recorded properly and it will work fine

If anyone wants to use this fix, please access to My Downloads menu item, download latest package, upgrade it to your site

Thanks @channing meyer for giving me access to your site to check subscription data to make sure it's recorded correctly (I am not checking all subscriptions, just few subscriptions only) before implementing this fix

Regards,

Tuan