Monthly recurring expiration emails

More
6 years 11 months ago #98442 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails

channing meyer wrote: Hello All:
Checking in on the progress. Out clients are interested in the new features. Please advise and thanks.

I've nothing to report since the above attempts to find out what's happening Channing. I appreciate some of your client's are interested in this feature but I need this feature for my very own website and business and have to keep utting it's launch back and back, as it just isn't conducive to have to manually administer this aspect, which I'm believing it looks like I'm going to have to do somehow. :(

I respect Tuan's efforts and that of Joomdonation but then I can only work from what I'm told by those in authority (Joomdonation) and when it goes silent, it's hard not to grow terribly frustrated, worried and concerned.

I hope that Tuan can get back on top with this issue and help us to a final solution as soon as possible.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #98444 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Hi Robert and Changing (not sure if there are others follow this thread)

I still remember about this request. Just have been so busy the last days due to some issues with Joomla 3.7.0 released

There are some backward incompatible changes in Joomla 3.7.0 API and I had to work to update my extensions to work well with it. And of course, these changes cause us many support requests as well

Give me about 7 to 10 days more to finish the remaining features for version 2.9.0 and I will release it. I will also send the override as promised for you to use as I mentioned before

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhoenixUK

More
6 years 11 months ago #98495 by PhoenixUK

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi Robert and Changing (not sure if there are others follow this thread)

I still remember about this request. Just have been so busy the last days due to some issues with Joomla 3.7.0 released

There are some backward incompatible changes in Joomla 3.7.0 API and I had to work to update my extensions to work well with it. And of course, these changes cause us many support requests as well

Give me about 7 to 10 days more to finish the remaining features for version 2.9.0 and I will release it. I will also send the override as promised for you to use as I mentioned before

Regards,

Tuan

Tuan,

Thanks for the reply, I do try to understand and will wait again and fingers crossed, that you can get this override over the line as mentioned above... it will be an absolute massive plus for our scenario that's for sure and surely for any others who use MPro for Recurring.

Look forward to your next update in line with the above.

Thanks in advance.

More
6 years 11 months ago #98781 by PhoenixUK
Hi Tuan,

I note you've released v2.9.0 this morning. Does this now mean that we can expect the override you speak about above, about the recurring expiry email message issue outlined in this thread?

Just so we're aware of the timeline, based upon what you mention above. :)

Thanks as always.

Regards,

More
6 years 11 months ago #98790 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Hello Robert

Give me this weekend to work on the override. We should have it on Monday for the latest

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhoenixUK

More
6 years 11 months ago #98792 by PhoenixUK
Much appreciated, it will be like my Birthday all over again. ;)

More
6 years 11 months ago #98917 by PhoenixUK
Just dropping in to see if there's any news Tuan?

:)

More
6 years 10 months ago #99108 by PhoenixUK

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hello Robert

Give me this weekend to work on the override. We should have it on Monday for the latest

Regards,

Tuan

Any news on the override PLZ Tuan?

Regards,

More
6 years 10 months ago #99495 by Gary Bartlett
Replied by Gary Bartlett on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Please may I join the testing group, Tuan?
I would, ideally, like my monthly and yearly recurring plan users to:
  1. Receive a notification email that their plan is about to renew, when it will renew and what the charge will be a few days before renewal.
  2. Receive a confirmation that the renewal has been processed, when it has been processed (currently supported, right?)
  3. Receive the current set of reminder emails ahead of plan non-renewing plan expiry and the last renewable period of renewing plans - i.e. when they are about to expire (rather than renew).
I've thought of a few quick short-term fixes - which may or may not help!:
  1. Change the wording of the expiration emails to say renew/expire (and some other wordsmithing), depending on your plan, Not ideal, but might reduce the confusion until a fix is in place?
  2. Introduce
    1. A reminder email section in the Recurring Settings section on the Subscription Plan Editor (similar/identical to the reminders in the Plan Detail section)
    2. Matching templates in the (a) Emails & Messages > Renewal Messages section and (b) Edit Subscription Plan > Reminder Messages section (Renewal Notifications are already covered, right?).
    3. A new rule with some if/then logic in the process that (a) sends renewal reminders if it's a non-expiring renewal, otherwise (b) expiry reminders.
On a possible related note
I'm about to make another product enhancement suggestion that may be related to this, so thought that I'd mention it here.
My suggestion is that MP allows the configuration of multiple plan price and subscription length options, mapped to renew and upgrade options (so that users can either pay monthly ($5) or annually ($50) for the same plan - instead of buying a monthly plan and only then having renew options of various durations).
This may be worth thinking about as part of addressing reminder emails?
'Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Tuan!
Gary

More
6 years 10 months ago #99777 by PhoenixUK

Gary Bartlett wrote: Please may I join the testing group, Tuan?
I would, ideally, like my monthly and yearly recurring plan users to:

1. Receive a notification email that their plan is about to renew, when it will renew and what the charge will be a few days before renewal.
  2. Receive a confirmation that the renewal has been processed, when it has been processed (currently supported, right?)
  3. Receive the current set of reminder emails ahead of plan non-renewing plan expiry and the last renewable period of renewing plans - i.e. when they are about to expire (rather than renew).
  1. Change the wording of the expiration emails to say renew/expire (and some other wordsmithing), depending on your plan, Not ideal, but might reduce the confusion until a fix is in place?
  2. Introduce
    1. A reminder email section in the Recurring Settings section on the Subscription Plan Editor (similar/identical to the reminders in the Plan Detail section)
    2. Matching templates in the (a) Emails & Messages > Renewal Messages section and (b) Edit Subscription Plan > Reminder Messages section (Renewal Notifications are already covered, right?).
    3. A new rule with some if/then logic in the process that (a) sends renewal reminders if it's a non-expiring renewal, otherwise (b) expiry reminders.
On a possible related note
I'm about to make another product enhancement suggestion that may be related to this, so thought that I'd mention it here.
My suggestion is that MP allows the configuration of multiple plan price and subscription length options, mapped to renew and upgrade options (so that users can either pay monthly ($5) or annually ($50) for the same plan - instead of buying a monthly plan and only then having renew options of various durations).
This may be worth thinking about as part of addressing reminder emails?
'Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Tuan!
Gary

Some good ideas there Gary and I simply cannot wait around any longer, bearing in mind the OP and my reply not much later were 6 months ago, I'm gutted really; as I have waited to do such a large change and having a few dozen plans, with Tuan saying on numerous occasions it will be sorted, so I've held back each time from launching my site... I can't any longer.

So, your point above;

Change the wording of the expiration emails to say renew/expire (and some other wordsmithing), depending on your plan, Not ideal, but might reduce the confusion until a fix is in place?

How do you think this can generally be achieved in a little more detail, as I'm intrigued to hear more about your "Wordsmithing" please, as then I maybe able to find a compromise between the confusion that the current Recurring Renewals messages section causes clients and for when Tuan gets around to completing this change / addition that he thinks will resolve the issue and see it integrated or in an override.

Regards,