Monthly recurring expiration emails

More
6 years 10 months ago #99785 by Gary Bartlett
Replied by Gary Bartlett on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Ok. Will do, Phoenix. I'm planning to work up my own version of this within the next 24 hours, so will post what I come up with here once I've done it. The basic idea is to let the user select the meaning of the email themselves, from a number of options that we provide... I.e. You are receiving this email either because (a) - in which case do (a.a) - or because (b) - in which case do (bb).

Not ideal, I know: but....
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhoenixUK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #100463 by channing meyer
Replied by channing meyer on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Hello all within this thread. Tuan, any news please. Has this been added and we have not heard anything? Thank you.

Channing

More
6 years 9 months ago #100784 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails

channing meyer wrote: Hello all within this thread. Tuan, any news please. Has this been added and we have not heard anything? Thank you.
Channing

It hugely unfortunately seems that this thread and it's resolution, frequently gets sidestepped Channing and unless I'm mistaken, it would seem that we have no choice but to move forwards without this resolution and that is a HUGE shame.

You created this topic around the time I found the same issue and that was, believe it or not SEVEN months ago; so approaching two thirds of a YEAR soon... kind of puts it into perspective really.

I am now left for the first time with MembershipPro, whatever great work Tuan and his team clearly have done in the past = deflated in a huge way.

Not sure how I move forward now, as this is STILL a real big issue but have been told several times a resolution was coming, for it to never arrive... I believe that we've been incredibly patient but nor can that last a lifetime either.

Meh!
:blink:

More
6 years 7 months ago #102805 by PhoenixUK
Still nothing on this in the latest version Tuan... :blink:

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #102807 by channing meyer
Yes, our clients had expected this was going to happen based on the response given us by the OS Team. Now, they are asking again. There is a group that can beta-test if you need.

Thank you.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by channing meyer. Reason: spelling

More
6 years 6 months ago #104760 by PhoenixUK
It seems that this thread is now just being ignored, after much promise nearly 11 months ago. We still have a huge need for this but doesn't look as if it will be adopted frustratingly!

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #104804 by channing meyer
Hmm. I have also been wondering what's up. Thinking on send a support ticket to find out a bit more.

More
6 years 6 months ago #104850 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
This is quite difficult to handle due to the way Membership Pro was designed from beginning to handle requiring subscriptions. I will give it a final try after I get version 2.11.0 release next week.

Apologize for could not find a solution for this problem

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 3 months ago #108441 by PhoenixUK
Hi Tuan,

Do I take it that in the most recent released version;

3. Improve reminder options

The above is nothing to do with this threads, 13 month struggle to have such an end user usability change to the 'recurring expiration emails' problem, that I and others have and still experience much to our sadness?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: channing meyer

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #110915 by PhoenixUK
Hi All,

If you utilise membership pro and have found the same 'Recurring' plans sending 'Expiry' emails as if they are 'We've Delivered your membership' messages but they are not... issues - this thread has been trying to find a solution for, ideally from Tuan in the past 14 months - have you managed to solve this issue with some kind of crude hack by any chance?

If so, would you mind sharing it please?

We have virtually everything that we need in membership pro, that we're incredibly happy with but we have this huge gaping individual hole in the solution for end-users and myself as site admin.

However, I genuinely don't know of ANY membership site, that doesn't provide the following;

1) Customer's receive 'Expiry' emails EACH AND EVERY month if using recurring plans, this creates concern and confusion for ANY client, which is never good for a business! If we turn these off, then they don't get any monthly confirmation that their plan has been actioned for that particular month, which doesn't work does it. In effect the Expiry emails, act as the month reminder, but they aren't expiring - it all infers the wrong message to the member as we see it.

2) We have 1, 2 & 3 Year contract plans, whereby each will have a 12, 24 or 36 monthly recurring fee but as you say, subscriber receives an expiry notification as set out in the respective plans expiry reminder choices section, such as;

Send First Reminder
e.g. 30 days before subscription expired
Send second Reminder
e.g. 10 days before subscription expired
Send Third Reminder
e.g. 3 days before subscription expired. If you enter a negative value (for example -5), the reminder will be sent AFTER subscription expired

What it needs;

a) At the end of whatever recurring payment period that the membership requires as per site admins setup with membership pro, the actual 'Expiry' message is sent ONLY during the last month period, towards the very end of the recurring subscription plan for e.g. 12, 24, 36 month. This would likely be tied to a members subscriptions [FROM_DATE] but on the final day of each months from date.

See how they become tied between Expiry & Subscription length;

b) New custom 'Email & messages' section for e.g. 'Delivered your membership', which would then be sent each and every month whilst a members plan is live and this is tied to any recurring plans '[TO_DATE]' date - currently they receive the confusing 'Expiry' one's in it's place.

This would then enable the following kind, that if you notice their 'month to month' approach, however - I still get a totally separate set of 'expiry' emails, when I am coming to the end of my subscription term with them.

There really HAS TO BE an option available to edit (a) and add (b) in the above?

Having sought an update recently from Tuan about this - Can the community here of membership pro like myself and channing meyer but with others facing the same issue, work together to resolve this painful issue please, as it seems evident that Tuan and Joomdonation / OS Solutions don't want to resolve this very large headache for it's paying users, which is a great pity indeed!

I look forward to hearing from any of you in the near future and keep my fingers crossed.

Regards,
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by PhoenixUK.