Monthly recurring expiration emails

More
5 years 9 months ago #114805 by Eoin Feeney
Replied by Eoin Feeney on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
I'm still confused about this too. I'll send a support request

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #114807 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Good luck Eoin, I've been in this thread trying to get a resolution. I also opened a support ticket discussion 04 Jan 2017. As of 14 Apr 2018 still no resolution or reply since I last replied.

I don't think Tuan appreciates how confusing the current system is for end users, more than site admins and hence why nearly 2 years later, it's still considered a critical customer expectation flow but it simply doesn't seem to want to be done.

A great pity as it's genuinely my online gripe and blot on the OS Membership Pro component.

Maybe you can have better luck than me, I still need a resolution too. :)

Regards,

More
5 years 9 months ago #114836 by Eoin Feeney
Replied by Eoin Feeney on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
This is what I was trying to do. Hope that helps. www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...payments.html#114835

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #114840 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails

Eoin Feeney wrote: This is what I was trying to do. Hope that helps.

I don't think that this thread and your other thread are directly linked.

It seems that you are wanting to understand how to create a 12 (annual) Subscription plan, that is charged per month (monthly) and your other thread, as you linked to in the above post, Tuan will for sure see you right in the understanding.

However, this thread is all about the actual emails that are raised by the system, to the end user customers every single month but based on Expiring subscription, which for anybody running annual plans but charged monthly, this is incredibly confusing for the end user.

Additionally, there really needs to be a new email message that can be utilised by those who need it, which is along the lines of how Skype do with their monthly subscription: 'We've delivered your order' and this removes any confusion.

Will have to see when Tuan decides this is critical enough, to actually solve it but as stated, approaching 2 years on since first noticing the issue, it's still unresolved and frustrates the hell out of me and clients!

Regards,
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by PhoenixUK.

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #114850 by channing meyer
Replied by channing meyer on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Hello All:

Please Tuan, consider the requests regarding the monthly subscriptions. My clients have wanted this for awhile and it does make sense.

Thanks PhoenixUK
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhoenixUK

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago #114857 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Honestly, I was failed to find a solution for this issue in the past. But Yes, I will give it another try.

More
5 years 9 months ago #115615 by Stuckshutter
Replied by Stuckshutter on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Hi Tuan,
This is an almost great solution for recurring subscriptions but without a solution to the messaging problem, we're going to have to give up and stop work using this component.
I understand your comments about the original design assumptions but for most of us with large subscriber bases, this just does not work.

Users must receive clear, simple and easy to understand messages about when they need to renew or when their is a problem charging their credit card when using an automatically renewing subscription. Confusing emails on renewal are guaranteed to overwhelm our support staff.

Seeing this go on for a year an a half leads me to wonder if you plan to redesign your system so it does manage recurring subscription?

For your sake, I recommend you invest the time and effort in this as it will make you a huge hit with many sites using very expensive SAAS solutions like ReCurly so they have a reliable membership system. Moreover, it will supplant most of the other alternatives out there. I've come close to using them all and all are flawed and often unreliable.

Fix this, and you'll get a lot of new customers from those seeking a better system than they have and SAAS users too. Here's why: I'm paying over $1800 USD a year for a site now that could use your component but not with a flawed notification system.

I'd change in a minute if the messaging were resolved.

I do look forward to a clear statement of your intent and timeline for resolving what's obviously been one very long-running problem.

Tuan, you do good work but this one really needs a solution in the near future.

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #115616 by channing meyer
Replied by channing meyer on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Agreed. We are considering alternatives. Our clients and their members find it confusing. Other products you have like JoomDonation (which we use) may benefit too. MP is a very good product but not the messaging aspect of the recurring membership feature.

Look forward to this being resolved.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago #115617 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Could you please help making a screenshot showing the recurring settings of your plan to help me understand your setup better? I will focus finding a solution for this problem from tomorrow. Give me one or two weeks to come up with a working code

As I mentioned before, the new code might not work properly with existing subscriptions (especial if you have Subscription Renewal Behavior config option set to Update subscription)

Tuan

More
5 years 9 months ago #115619 by Stuckshutter
Replied by Stuckshutter on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Thanks Tuan,
I believe the two users who can best provide what you need are Channing and PhoenixUK. They have been working with this for over a year and should have excellent examples of the configuration and the settings used.

I, on the other hand, have just set this up in test mode and am not in a position to provide good examples. II don't see any point in proceeding with implementation until this glitch is resolved.

We're rooting for you Tuan, hope Channing or PhoenixUK can come through with excellent examples. Based on their prior posts, I believe they will.
Thanks to all....