Monthly recurring expiration emails

More
7 years 2 months ago #94332 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
I might have a solution for this problem. Will spend my time this weekend to work on it, send you the patch so that you can try to check to see whether it works.... If it all works well. we can then include it into download package

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhoenixUK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #94357 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
That sounds really positive then Tuan, we hopefully look forward to your update in the near future. :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #94573 by channing meyer
Replied by channing meyer on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Hi Folks:

I would also like to add something to the Recurring Membership topic. Although this may seem to be a separate topic, it is very relevant to recurring system. A confusing thing for our clients is the fact that within the administration area, recurring members show they are expired even though they still have a few months left on their annual recurring membership.

I mentioned this in another post but think it would be nice to make the admin area show the payment counts instead like what Authorize does, Payment Counts, "6 of 12" remaining or paid, whichever works.

Thank you.

More
7 years 2 months ago #94675 by PhoenixUK

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: I might have a solution for this problem. Will spend my time this weekend to work on it, send you the patch so that you can try to check to see whether it works.... If it all works well. we can then include it into download package

Regards,

Tuan

Any further information on this possible solution you mentioned last week Tuan? :)

Regards,

More
7 years 1 month ago #94930 by PhoenixUK
Hi Tuan,

Is this actively being worked on at all yet please?

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: channing meyer

More
7 years 1 month ago #95447 by PhoenixUK
Tuan,

A bit of an update and idea for what is needed for the near future to resolve this kind of issue for those who are affected by it.

As we now know, in certain circumstances (Please other members reply if it affects you too, it can't just be Channing and I) especially with Recurring Monthly Subscriptions, at the end of each month the system will raise a new notification from the 'Renewal Message' section of MembershipPro and confusingly, it states 'X is about to Expire".

Now in a way, a plan is about to expire at the end of each month but only if you have a distinct Monthly plan, where one can cancel anytime and if you have any kind of Contract Length but collect recurring monthly payments, it then becomes difficult and for the end user it doesn't currently make sense, which is the most important part.

So, I tried removing Renewal Message 1 and 2 in the Messages section, and also removing from my test plan the;

Send First Reminder: X days before subscription expried
Send second Reminder: X days before subscription expried

However, this means that an end user (Even if I rename the Third Reminder to something like "We've Delivered Your Order") doesn't send any form of Invoice for the next month and so forth, again this is an issue - as clients won't want to unecessarily have to login to their site account, just to retrieve invoices.

Also, the above simply cannot be a long term solution, as it would then mean that come the 11th Month of our first subscribers, they wouldn't be able to recieve First and Second reminders, as they are essentially disabled to try and workaround this issue.

Therefore, I can only see the following as being a more future proof solution, which I am hoping you will be able to take forward in the near future.
  • Renewal Messages sections stay as they currently are, as they of course work and do what they are supposed to.
  • They must though be attached to and respect the 'Recurring Settings - Number of Payments'.
  • Specifically the FINAL payment number, so if 12 payments (Whether Weekly or Monthly for e.g.) is set in a Plan, it will respect and only send the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Renewal Messages as the final payment period is reached.
  • Then, in 'Email & Messages' - 'Recurring Subscription Messages' a new field is created.
  • This would be something along the lines of 'We've Delivered Your Order' and will also attach an Invoice for given plans
  • This would also need to be implemented in actual 'Edit Subscription Plans' - 'Email & Messages'.
  • Both of the above would be attached to and respect a plans 'Subscription Length' I would imagine?

I have thought long and hard about the above and can see that as being the only way that hopefully will make sense to you, does to me and most definitely will end user clients purchasing recurring subscription plans.

I would like to hear your thoughts on the above points Tuan, they would be very much appreciated indeed :)

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: channing meyer

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #95496 by channing meyer
Hi PhoenixUK and Tuan:

I agree. A couple of our clients have recurring plans that last 12 months. The members keep getting confused with this.

I could see also when a recurring message it would simply say this is your x payment out of 12.

In the final month, they should have the reminder messages, like any other plan, 1st reminder, 2nd, and final which would say, your recurring monthly plan is about to expire. Or whatever.

Thanks PhoenixUK and Tuan.

More
7 years 1 month ago #95501 by PhoenixUK
Channing,

I concur with your above thoughts / confirmation that we're on the same page but especially adding the;

"I could see also when a recurring message it would simply say this is your x payment out of 12." as an e.g. again further clarifying a client / customers knowledge of exactly what the various aspects of their specific subscription structure etc.

I hope we will hear Tuan's thoughts on all of the above and see if the way I envisage a resolution to our issue, is and will be provisioned in the near future. :)

Regards,

More
7 years 1 month ago #95502 by PhoenixUK
Additionally, and of course it will be different in each of our respective countries but here in the UK, our Government is already looking to clamp down on end users subscription service / payment rights, see this for an outline;

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39167860

Addmittedly, this doesn't affect the specific issues that we have with our system using the *Awesome* MemberShipPro component but "change is a coming" and will catch on globally in the future - therefore, any ability to add things like you just mentioned above, will truly help all concerned.

Regards,

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #95964 by channing meyer
Hi Tuan:
Unfortunately, this feature does not help us. Again, we have a one year subscription plan that is a monthly recurring payment. So, the reminder messages come out each month, not at the very end of the one year when the whole plan expires.
And, although this may be a separate issue, I believe that the recurring membership status in the admin area could have x amount of payments out of y left or x amount paid out of y. I say this because the recurring membership shows only the dates from beginning to the end of the current month.

If the system offers a recurring plan that can begin and end in a certain amount of time, these features should be considered.

THank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhoenixUK