Monthly recurring expiration emails

More
7 years 1 month ago #96008 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Tuan,

My use of MembershipPro for my business is truly falling down, all due to this one singular issue. :(

Is there really nothing that can be done? I wonder, as you have commented on several posts around this last one by Channing but rarely comment on this thread and it's really worrying.

I really wouldn't say that it's an issue, if it truly wasn't but I really don't want to have to look elsewhere at another membership component, as apart from this unresolved one issue - MembershipPro is just brilliant.

Please help us find a solution Tuan?

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 days ago #97442 by PhoenixUK
@Channing,

There still isn't a solution as yet to our issue, have you managed to find some kind of work around at present, for yours?

Regards,

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 6 days ago #97443 by channing meyer
Replied by channing meyer on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Hi Phoenix:
No. I left in the hands of Tuan and our persistence. Our clients have been waiting in hopes that this would be resolved. Next week I have scheduled to look into this again. Have you put a ticket in directly with JoomDonation? We might want to do so.

Channing

More
7 years 6 days ago #97446 by PhoenixUK
I have a long standing ticket in about this issue but Tuan replied to it in the last 24 hours, he's still struggling to find a route around this issue but he says that he will have another look at it over the weekend and let me know Monday of nxt week, what the consensus is at that point.

I've invested I'd say a few 1,000 hours in to setting up my site with MSPro at it's very heart and to fall at this critical hurdle would hugely hurt indeed... let's hope it doesn't come to that, due to this recurring expiry email notification issue and structure for recurring messages been a little out of sync.

I can't believe that it is just you & I, Channing, who are experiencing this recurring issue but nobody else has answered, even when I asked directly for other people's comments... can anybody else step forward, so as to get a better consensus from us that use this great extension?

Regards,

More
7 years 6 days ago #97454 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
I actually come up with a solution yesterday which should solve the issue. However, after thinking about it abit more, I think people might still want to send reminder emails month to inform subscribers about the payment (so that subscribers prepare fund in their PayPal account... to ready for the next payment)

With that said, I decided to implement the change as requested in this thread as override so that if you need it, you can use it without having to worry about it when you update

Other customers, still want to send reminder emails every month can still use default implement

So the code is ready, I want to test it some more before providing it to you. Please wait for me, will send it to you by the end of this week

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhoenixUK

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 5 days ago #97471 by channing meyer
Hi Tuan:

Many thanks. We appreciate it. Once you have it ready, PhoenixUK and I can be the guinea pigs...beta testers.

Regards,
Channing
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhoenixUK

More
7 years 5 days ago #97476 by PhoenixUK

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: I actually come up with a solution yesterday which should solve the issue. However, after thinking about it abit more, I think people might still want to send reminder emails month to inform subscribers about the payment (so that subscribers prepare fund in their PayPal account... to ready for the next payment)

Tuan, That's great news. You are correct in that just like the previous structure didn't work for Channing or I and possibly some others, or future paying users of MSPro - it's wholly understandable to look for a solution that doesn't disrupt those that this doesn't affect.

I still believe that monthly emails need to be sent, that's not in question - as you mention above to inform subscribers about the next payment kind of thing (I had stated previously this was a need even in my situation) but where the lines became blurred, were that the current 3 expiry emails, would be sent each and every month, making out it was a new contract / term and that kind of thing - when the subscription isn't actually expiring at that time and until X plan ends up in the last month of it's term.

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: With that said, I decided to implement the change as requested in this thread as override so that if you need it, you can use it without having to worry about it when you update

I still don't know what your override looks like / how it's structured and works alongside the stock 3 expiry notifications but I'm sure it will be fine and thank you for taking the time to try and find a solution.

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Other customers, still want to send reminder emails every month can still use default implement

Most definitely, fully agreed.

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: So the code is ready, I want to test it some more before providing it to you. Please wait for me, will send it to you by the end of this week

That will be grand and as Channing says, we will both test it and let you know but I'm sure it will be fine, especially as it's an override and so forth.

You don't know what it will mean to finally after many months, be able to put this issue to bed and not be as confusing for our end users, enabling me to launch much more confidently and with less headaches. :)

Take care for now.
Regards.

More
7 years 2 days ago #97583 by PhoenixUK
Tuan,

Forgive my eagerness, I hope you don't mind and can understand it being like the night before a big celebration date, such as a birthday lol... is it ready for testing by Channing and I as yet? :)

Regards,

More
6 years 11 months ago #97907 by PhoenixUK

PhoenixUK wrote: Tuan,

Forgive my eagerness, I hope you don't mind and can understand it being like the night before a big celebration date, such as a birthday lol... is it ready for testing by Channing and I as yet? :)

Regards,

Tuan,

Any update on the above please?

Regards,

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #98441 by channing meyer
Hello All:
Checking in on the progress. Out clients are interested in the new features. Please advise and thanks.