Monthly recurring expiration emails

More
5 years 8 months ago #116664 by Stuckshutter
Replied by Stuckshutter on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Hi Tuan,
Thank you for this, I've been waiting for it and will give it a try on a site I have. When I get everything sorted out there, I have two others sites that this would be great on too!
Can't wait to pass the news around that there is a great solution for us monthy subscription payment plan businesses...
Thanks again for listening to your users, they'll let you know how to create a killer product!
Best regards,
Chris Dekle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #116673 by channing meyer
Replied by channing meyer on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Thank you Tuan. I will contact our clients about this. This will definitely be a good addition to the product. I will update them on the subscribers that currently have these plans. That could be problematic but I do not think there are too many. Will keep you all apprised.

Thanks to Stuckshutter and PhoenixUK fro you vigilance.

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #116674 by channing meyer

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #116683 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
@channing meyer: Just for your information, I checked data for few records on the site you sent me, the data is stored properly, so it will be working fine

Regards,

Tuan

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #116713 by channing meyer
Hi Tuan:

I noticed that you did not upgrade our site. Correct? What you are saying is that you were able to test the new version of MP using my data and it looks like it is working correctly. Correct? So, you are confident that I can upgrade and we will not have the problems with the older subscribers?

Please advise. Thank you sir.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #116719 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
No

I didn't upgrade your site. I only check the data of of subscription records on your site to make sure it's stored properly (number of payments for each subscription) and see that it's correct

I cannot be sure 100% because I could not check all records but from what I see from the records I checked, data is calculated properly, so it should work fine

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 years 7 months ago #117224 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
@Stuckshutter

Apologies for not replying sooner, I have only just seen your messages in this thread, all very valid one's too.

The whole SaaS element is what our site and provision to our customers falls under and is a little more complicated than just a straight laced recurring subscription for say a car membership club and no doubt many other examples.

Therefore, just like when I purchase my recurring subscription plan from say Amazon for their S3 storage for e.g. each and every month, they email the following which is in effect a 'Statement of Account' I suppose and widely offered in the world of Recurring Saas providers and rightly expected to be updated each month by the purchasing clients;

Greetings from Amazon Web Services,
We're writing to provide you with an electronic invoice for your use of AWS services for the billing period July 1 - July 31, 2018. Additional information regarding your bill, individual service charge details, and your account history are available on the Billing & Cost Management Page.

Sincerely,
The Amazon Web Services Team

It is my belief that the above is totally independent from any Renewal, Reminder or Upgrade based messages which are already factored for in MembershipPro, this is about service / plan delivery of a recurring subscription service / product and hence why I have got so frustrated with it, as on the surface it does seem a simple addition and integration with what the component already greatly offers but then I admit I'm not a developer of Tuan's level :D

As I have just added to the changelog thread about the latest version and before I saw new posts in this thread;

=> Honestly, I am unsure.How do you suggest? At the beginning, the system always send reminder emails before the current subscription expired (and before the next payment happens) and you seems don't want it. Now I am not sure what to do
Tuan

@Tuan, If you recall the whole issue that began or was raised to you nearly 2 years ago and upto this new version, was that each and every month for a recurring plans subscriptions, an 'Expiry' email would be sent which above all else just confuses end users that would receive these emails. This I believe was also tied to the 'Reminder' settings in a plans detail, which is what you said made it previously awkward to sort.

However, it was always known that the subscription wouldn't be actually expiring and should only have had an expiry email based upon a site owners expiry notification settings in X days from the end of the plan, yet this wasn't the case - therefore your recent amendment to this particular end user experience works well don't get me wrong. :)

Additionally though, I had stated all along and I believe Channing did too, that there also needed to be a new email message ability in Emails & Messages > Recurring Subscription Messages (As this wouldn't come under Renewal, Upgrade or Reminder) that would allow invoice emails to be sent per month of a recurring plan say on the first day of their plans new month, to update the paying client that their order / plan has been delivered for that month and possible to include their invoice etc.

What we are speaking about here specifically is the end user experience that has lacked in this specific area, whereby the user process flow that makes sense to both site owners (Membership Pro) and end users (Paying clients) needs such an additional Email & Messages box.

Maybe Channing could explain it better, even though I think that the above is quite clear enough?

Your further thoughts Tuan would be appreciated.

Regards,

So long as we can tie this new 'Plan Statement' message box area, under the 'Emails & Messages > Recurring Subscription Messages' tab and we can include various 'Tags' to have the ability to add the prev or next months (Dependant on site owner charging month in advance or month behind?) dates, as in the above Amazon example. Also being able to attach the Invoice for that period and any other tags that would be right, just and useful for such a 'Plan Statement' message box... I will then die a happy man!

What do you think @ChanningMeyer is the above what you are seeking and can work with?

More than happy for other interested parties input before Tuan goes to work, as it has to work for not just a few of us and yet needs to improve MembershipPro, which I firmly believe this will begin to enable MPro market itself as a SaaS Membership platform for Joomla.

Looking forward to your thoughts people.

More
5 years 7 months ago #117225 by PhoenixUK

channing meyer wrote: Hi All Who have been a part of this thread:

I concur with Stuckshutter. Tuan, do we need to present the solution again we are all seeking? To PhoenixUK and Stuckshutter, how about presenting a simple outline of what we are seeking? An update to the way to show the path a user has to take now and what we think would be beneficial?

Tuan, thank you for your consideration.

There's no way to privately communicate without blowing such a thread apart with replies lol but if you wish to send me a message on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIN please do so via the social icons at the top of my website www. isknow .how (spaces added to be able to post this)

I appreciate that he first part of the overall issue has been fixed with the latest update *Expiry Emails were sent when a recurring plan was not actually Expiring* but there still needs a further improved SaaS orientated user flow of a monthly 'Account Statement' or some other name of similar meaning, message box as outlined in my other post here: www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...html?start=80#117224

Regards,

More
5 years 7 months ago #117231 by Eileen
Replied by Eileen on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Agreed with this statement above, also have SaaS type offerings and this would be a welcome new improvement to provide notifications as described:
"It is my belief that the above is totally independent from any Renewal, Reminder or Upgrade based messages which are already factored for in MembershipPro, this is about service / plan delivery of a recurring subscription service / product"
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhoenixUK

More
5 years 7 months ago #117488 by PhoenixUK
I'm just adding another type of ''Statement of Account', this time from Microsoft regards my Office 365 subscription. I am attaching it, purely to try and help foster debate about this outstanding issue, as per the various recent posts above from us all.

*some text has been removed to protect personal info*

Attachments: