New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #73522 by Mark Bogart
Replied by Mark Bogart on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Tuan,
I am still having the same problem like bluetongue.
Files that worked before now give a blank screen and 1 import...then nothing.
It worked for a little while after you tried it but I tried to import a file with a few thousand subscribers and it crashed the subscriptions page where it too was a blank page. I installed the newest update but that didn't fix it, although later it reappeared.
Still will not import more than one at a time now.
How can I do a reinstall without losing the thousands I have already imported ?

Update: This seems to be related to creating a Joomla user.
When user is not created (as in no email) import proceeds.
When it gets to a user that creates a Joomla profile it halts.
Refresh the blank page and it continues.

Problem Found: Turned on debugging in Module:
Fatal error: Call to a member function assign() on a non-object in /nfs/c10/h01/mnt/144724/domains/new.airheads.org/html/plugins/system/dpcalendar/dpcalendar.php on line 64

Disabled plug-in System - DPCalendar - import works again.

Bluetongue said:
"I was having no issues a while back doing test imports. The client has now given me the final data files. I have looked at them, they seem ok at a glance.
I brows for a test file with just 2 records, click save etc, it thinks about it and then all I get is a blank page, nothing in the source code even. I then tried my test file that I know worked, same result, white screen."
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Mark Bogart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #73523 by Mark Bogart
Replied by Mark Bogart on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file

Mark Bogart wrote: Tuan,
[Version 2.1.0. Importing database fro AEC]

With existing users...
The problem is that when I import users the expiration dates come through OK but the joomla group is not changed as assigned.
When the plan expires, the group is not changed as assigned.
Also, reminder emails are not generated.

Am I missing something ?

This all works fine... it was probably operator error.
Thanks for the help, Tuan.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Mark Bogart.

More
8 years 1 month ago #77331 by Catherine Ogden
Replied by Catherine Ogden on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
I have tried to import subscribers following the instructions.
I downloaded the Subscriptions/CSV Import Template and filled it in appropriately for one user and saved as CSV
I went to the Import function selected the file and then clicked SAVE AND CLOSE button
It takes me to a blank page and hangs..... I waited 5 minutes and then went back to the subscribers page and the file has not uploaded....
I am using v 2.1.1 - can you please help?

More
8 years 1 month ago #77415 by Alan Henness
Replied by Alan Henness on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
It certainly works OK for me in V2.2.1. Could it be the type of CSV file? I'm not sure what Membership Pro will accept, but there are variations to do with line feeds. I used Excel on a Windows PC and saved as CSV (Comma Delimited (*.csv) and that works OK. You might have problems on a mac if you don't select the correct type of CSV.

More
8 years 1 month ago #78306 by bluetonguedesigns
Replied by bluetonguedesigns on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Still having import issues. We spent a lot of time getting the data right, format right.

My main import is around 3.5k of subscribers, I gave it the whole file, it said 91 members imported.

No matter what I do, it just says 91 members imported. I start to cull the list down to lists based on the subs plan, no difference.

At least I no longer get a white screen error anymore. Is there a "log" file it creates upon import to help diagnose what is going on? I really need to get these members imported and the system live asap.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago #78357 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hi

We don't have a log file created, unfortunately. Maybe you can send me that csv file (don't need full file, just need about 200 records) so that I can check to see why it doesn't work ?

Tuan

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #78810 by ken adcock
Replied by ken adcock on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
I accidentally deleted all my subscribers from my backup site. (actually I unpublished them) I took did a component update and when I went in to re-publish them they had all disappeared. I went to my main site an exported the subscriptions in a comma delimited csv file and when I tried to import the exported file into the backup site, which is the same, 0 users were imported. I assume it exports the users in the same format that they would need to be imported. Is that right?

More
7 years 9 months ago #83842 by Robin Duckett
Replied by Robin Duckett on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hello Tuan,
I'm finally getting round to implementing Membership Pro.
I want to copy over our Community Builder CB Subs subscribers - I've discovered that there is not a csv file export facility in Community Builder/CBSubs.

I have been told how to download files directly using PHPMyAdmin. However, I do not know which file to choose. Do you happen to know? I have found _subscriptions tabl for CSubs but it is just linked to the member ID. I've found a 3rd party thing called " www.ukrsolution.com/Joomla/Export-Users-...er-To-Excel-CSV-File "

Do you have any better advice on what to do?

Cheers, Robin

More
7 years 9 months ago #83844 by Alex
@Robin
You could try to use this 3rd party plugin for CB: extensions.joomla.org/extension/cbjuice

I think it will allow you to export to a csv file.

Cheers!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #83852 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Sorry Robin

I don't have any experience with CBSubs, so I could not give you any suggestion. Maybe you can ask the question on CB forum? They should be able to give you the answer you want

Tuan