New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 8 months ago #127392 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
That's strange. Maybe it's because the file is too big? Could you please try to import a smaller file?

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127396 by Justina Simon
Replied by Justina Simon on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hmmm... i doubt that's the problem. The file size is only 49kb. But I will try again with different files.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127397 by Justina Simon
Replied by Justina Simon on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Just tried to import again... the same file. When I click Save & Close it always looks like it's doing something but when it closes it says "There are 0 subscribers imported"

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 8 months ago #127398 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hello

There must be something wrong with data in the CSV file which you are using. Please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site and the file you are using to import

Our support staff will check and solve it for you

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 6 months ago #128741 by Julia Lippitsch
Replied by Julia Lippitsch on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hello,

I have the following question. In my case the person who is doing the member administration has his own memership system. Now he wants to export certain data such as (name, id, title, mebership type, amount paid,..) from his database and import it to membership pro every week as he does corrections in his external system. In membership pro are all the subscriptions from people who subscribed online. Now he imports his list with corrections of people who are already in the membership pro database (need to be override) and new ones (need to get a new entry).
The problem is that I cannot change an exisiting plan by overwriting it. Instead a new subscription for this person is entered.

Do you understand what I mean? Do you have a solution for this problem?

Cheers
Julia

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago #128747 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Julia

You can access to Membership Pro -> Subscriptions, export existing subscription records

Then modify that exported data before importing back into the system. The key point here is the data in id column of the Excel/CSV file:

- if data for that column for a record is 0 or empty, the system will insert new subscription record into the system
- if data for that column contains ID of existing subscription record, the system will update that subscription record data instead of inserting a new record

Hope it is clear to you

Tuan

More
3 years 6 months ago #138941 by Miguel
Hi everybody
Is it possible to use this feature to update existing records? For example, I need to update phone numbers of my subscribers synchronized by membership id.
Thank you!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 6 months ago #138946 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Miguel

Yes, it's possible. In the csv/excel file, you need to have id column contains ID of the existing subscription record and the system will update data of that record instead of creating new subscription record

Tuan

More
3 years 5 months ago #139029 by Miguel
Thanks Tuan!
Ok, but the sync will be over subscription ID, not over Membership_ID that's correct?

More
3 years 5 months ago #139030 by Miguel
Thanks Tuan!
Ok, but the sync will be over subscription ID, not over Membership_ID that's correct?