New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #65473 by Christian Jull
Replied by Christian Jull on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Thanks for getting to the bottom of this :)

I'm always pleased to hear it's something stupid I've overlooked :P The CSV was created from a master Excel spreadsheet (which was in turn created via a nightmare process from an original FileMaker DB). This is why it was ANSI.

I have re-tested and the character problem is fixed. HOWEVER. The 'published' field requires a number, not 'Active', 'Expired', etc. I have discovered that '1' is Active. What numbers are 'Pending' and 'Expired'?

PLUS. I am still missing the payment, from/to dates, published, etc. fields in every subscriber record.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Christian Jull.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #65483 by Christian Jull
Replied by Christian Jull on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
OK, I've discovered what the problem is. If you access a record via 'Subscribers', you get the reduced number of fields. If you access a record via 'Subscriptions', you get the full list of fields. :blink:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #65492 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
There is difference between Subscribers and Subscriptions :

1. Each user who signed up for plans on your site is a Subscriber

2. Each Subscriber can have multiple subscription records

3. The Subscriber record is a profile record. When you view a subscribe record, you can see what plans he signed up, what's start date and end date of the subscription for each plan..

4. Each time the subscriber sign up, a new subscription record will be created. That record contains all the information (you wanted to see)

5. So if you want to view unique list of subscribers, access to Subscribers page. View a subscriber will allow you to see what plans he signed up (he can sign up for multiple plans, each plan he can sign up and renew subscription multiple times), when will the subscription expired...

Hope the explanation is clear enough so that you understand the difference between Subscriber and Subscription now

Tuan

More
8 years 9 months ago #65498 by Christian Jull
Thanks for the explanation, and for the help. :)

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #65541 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
So hope it is OK now :).

More
8 years 7 months ago #69263 by bluetonguedesigns
Replied by bluetonguedesigns on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
I was having no issues a while back doing test imports. The client has now given me the final data files. I have looked at them, they seem ok at a glance.

I brows for a test file with just 2 records, click save etc, it thinks about it and then all I get is a blank page, nothing in the source code even. I then tried my test file that I know worked, same result, white screen.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #69289 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I am pretty sure that there must be something wrong with your csv file. Could you please submit a support ticket:

1. Sending us super admin account of your site

2. Send us the sample csv file

We are going to check to see what's wrong with the csv file, then guide you to correct it so that you can get it imported

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 5 months ago #71337 by barrysilver
Replied by barrysilver on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hello Tuan!

Thank you for creating such a nice component for joomla - Membership Pro.

I was hoping you could help me with importing subscribers. Here is what I am attempting to do:
  • I am migrating from an old subscription system (AEC Membership Manager) to Membership Pro
  • I read your instructions at joomdonation.com/forum/profile/62-tuan-pham-ngoc.html and downloaded the template.
  • The import of your template (unchanged) does not work for me. Nor does the import of a modified CSV file with real user data in it
  • I am using Membership Pro version 2.0.8 and Joomla version 3.4.5
  • In my old system, we have the following data:
  1. Subscription Plan
  2. User ID
  3. Username
  4. Email address
  5. Last Payment Date
  6. Cancellation date
  7. Amount
  8. Payment Method
I have been trying to import the subscribers without success. I was hoping you could help me figure out what I am doing wrong.

Also, if I import an ‘amount’ that is $50 and the corresponding plan is now $75 (we raised our prices), what happens during the next renewal cycle? Are they charged the new amount or the old amount (we use paypal subscriptions)? If they are charged the old amount, will they still have access?

Please let me know your thoughts. Your help is greatly appreciated. :-)

Thanks!

Barry

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #71397 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Barry

Infact, the instruction is abit outdated with latest version of Membership Pro. In latest version of Membership Pro, you can access to Subscriptions -> CSV Import Template to download the sample csv file for your setup (each site has a different setup, so it will have a different csv template)

Looking at your current date, I think it lacks the two important columns:

- from_date : That column is used to store the subscription start date of the record
-to_date: That column is used to store the subscription end date (expired date) of the record

So maybe check your system again to see whether you can get these important information / data ?

Tuan

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #72968 by Mark Bogart
Replied by Mark Bogart on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Update: This was probably operator error.
Thanks Tuan, for all the help !

[Version 2.1.0. Importing database fro AEC]

With existing users...
The problem is that when I import users the expiration dates come through OK but the joomla group is not changed as assigned.
When the plan expires, the group is not changed as assigned.
Also, reminder emails are not generated.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Mark Bogart.