New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 5 months ago #139035 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Yes, that's ID of the subscription record (which you see in ID column when you access to Subscriptions Management screen - not Membership ID column)

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #147664 by Mark Whitmore
Replied by Mark Whitmore on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hi we're trying to import subscribers to Membership Pro v2.26 using Joomla 3.10.3. We've exported our subscribers from Membership Pro V2.3.0 using Joomla 2.5.19. This doesn't seem to work. We have 22,000 subscribers that we need to import into our new system. 

Please advise on how to do this 
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Mark Whitmore.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago #147667 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hi Mark

With that large number of subscribers, I would suggest you to use database export and import instead. See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/gettin...e-site-to-a-new-site

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Whitmore

More
2 years 5 months ago #147676 by Mark Whitmore
Replied by Mark Whitmore on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Thanks Tuan, I was ahead of you by an hour in that regard. Thanks for the tutorial link though, it's helpful.

I have a problem. The version of OS Membership that our site uses contains 57 columns in the "osmembership_subscribers" table whereas the latest version version contains 88 columns. This is a problem with simply importing the database tables and then pasting the prefix. I had to painstakingly insert all the missing columns and then create the indexes.

My question is should I need to import the tables again, is there a way to do this without creating the missing columns? I'm wondering if Joomla or OS Membership has a function that does this automatically? Similar to the "Fix database" option.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago #147683 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Mark

I don't know why there are difference in number of fields between the tables on two sites. Maybe on new site, you made some fields search and sortable?

To be safe, I would suggest you to create missing fields first before running the import

Tuan

More
2 years 3 months ago #148791 by Karen Griffin
Replied by Karen Griffin on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hi Tuan-

Is there any way to identify which subscribers are Group Admins and which are Group Members when you import them? I downloaded the template and I am not seeing any columns for this.

Also, if I don't have transaction ID's, does Membership Pro automatically create them?

Thanks.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 3 months ago #148794 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Karen

1. For group admin, it's just imported like any standard subscriptions

2. For group members, you need to add a column called group_admin_id . That column must contain Joomla User ID of the admin of the group

3. Yes, if Transaction ID is empty, it will be random string generated automatically by the system

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 years 3 months ago #148851 by Karen Griffin
Replied by Karen Griffin on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Perfect. Thank you.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 3 months ago #148862 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You're welcome!