New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #23141 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
1. Overview : This feature allows you to import subscribers from a CSV file into Membership Pro subscribers. This feature is usually used when you migrate subscribers from a different system or have an existing list of subscribers which you want to import into the system .

2. In order to use this feature, the first step is that you need to download latest version 1.5.2 of Membership Pro, upgrade it to your site .

3. Prepare data for running the import. The data needs to be stored into a CSV file (comma separated). Please look at the attached file for a sample of CSV file :

- The first row in the csv file must contains the name of the fields you want to import (please note : the name of field, not title of the field. Go to Membership Pro -> Custom Fields and you will see the name of all fields/custom fields). The fields can be in different order, but the name must be the same .

- Below are the meaning of some important fields :

+ Plan : The title of the subscription plan which the subscriber will be imported to. Please note you will need to create all subscription plans first before running the import.

+ username : Username of the subscriber. If this username exists in your system, the subscription record will be assigned to this user account. If this username doesn't exist, the system will create a new account for this subscriber. You can leave this field empty and no account will be created.

+ password : Password of the account. If it is empty, the system will generate a random password for the subscriber (of course this field won't be used if the username field is empty).

+ payment_date : The data which the payment was made .

+ from_date : The date which the subscription start for this subscriber. (Note , it must be in yyyy-mm-dd format).
+ to_date : The date which the subscription for this subscriber expired. ( (Note , it must be in yyyy-mm-dd format).
+ published : The subscription status : 0 => Pending, 1 => Active , 2 => Expired.
+ amount : The original amount of the subscription (not including tax, discount)
+ tax_amount : Tax amount.
+ discount_amount : Discount Amount
+ gross_amount: The amount including tax substract for the discount_amount

+ payment_method : Name of the payment method
+ transaction_id : Transaction ID
+ osm_quantity : A sample of custom field
+ osm_pdf_application : Another sample of custom field.

Hope the instructions are clear to you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask !

Tuan
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: qtech, President - PCASA, Steve Babbitt, Scott Hopkins, Alison, Scott Sims, Sobem Nwoko, Wendell Payne, Bill, Laurie Stevens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• President - PCASA
More
11 years 3 months ago #23175 by President - PCASA
Replied by President - PCASA on topic Re: New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
This is exactly what we needed. Thank you.

More
11 years 2 months ago #23459 by Scott Sims
Replied by Scott Sims on topic Re: New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
I noticed that user details fields are missing options for these things.

1. Saltutation (eg Mr/Mrs/Ms etc)
2. Mobile Phone

If they could be added to the import section and to Membership Pro in general it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

More
11 years 1 month ago #24944 by Charlene
When the import has been completed, does this automatically email the members with their login details?

More
10 years 7 months ago #34183 by breeze29
I have AEC extension managing memberships. How do we switch to Membership Pro without overwriting CB user account passwords? Aren't passwords encrypted?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 7 months ago #34224 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hi

If your users already existing in database, the system won't create any account, just assign the subscription records to his account. So I don't think there is any problem with the import !

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: breeze29

More
10 years 7 months ago #34780 by gary meadows
Replied by gary meadows on topic Re: New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
FYI for Mac users:

If you're on Excel, make sure to save as "Windows Comma Separated". Just selecting "Comma Separated Values" doesn't work for importing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexis Priddy

More
10 years 6 months ago #35287 by Denise Montana
Replied by Denise Montana on topic Re: New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Thank you so much for taking the time to post the note about saving as Windows Comma Separated on a Mac. You saved me a lot of time and trouble.

More
10 years 6 months ago #36469 by CHM
When I import a new subscriber, or even add one individually in the backend, does the membership pro module add the user to the access group that has permission? In other words, can I look at the individuals user record and see that they have been added to the permission group as a result of adding them to membership pro backend?

Does it work if the subscriber was already a site member? After adding them to a subscription in the membership pro backend will i then see the user has been added to the permission group in their user record?

More
10 years 5 months ago #36694 by Stacey Donnelly
Replied by Stacey Donnelly on topic Import current subs from OSE already being charged
I'm SO over OSE - horrible software... I have 2100 subs... ( 571 paying premiums and active with their cards already in authorize) and the others just registered users...I want to use your software! I have a database/programmer guy - his question - after the import will, or how will the users still be associated with authorize so that their cards continue to be charged seamlessly? is there some kind of identifier that can be added in? Also, with your software , if their card is declined in authorize, will it knock them down to "registered" on the site? Thank you!