Migration from AEC to Membership Pro

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #81561 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
OK. I am going to check the script again. it has to be in the next 2 or 3 days as I had new baby and could only get back to work now. So I will have to clear the support queue first

Please be patient and wait for me

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #82344 by Imaaxx
Replied by Imaaxx on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Any update on this it has been almost 3 weeks now?

Regards

More
7 years 10 months ago #82549 by Tony Partridge
Replied by Tony Partridge on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Bump! Any update Tuan, Sorry to press my client is getting a bit feed up with manually mapping the subscriptions across when they renew.

Many thanks
Tony

More
7 years 9 months ago #83182 by Tony Partridge
Replied by Tony Partridge on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Anyone out there??

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #83227 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Tony

Yes. I am here. Apologize for being slow on finishing the migration. I will spend my time from now to the end of this week to review it again and finish the migration (for both from AEC and Akeeba Subscription to Membership Pro)

So your site is now running on Membership Pro already? I might need your help while working on the routing plugin to router PayPal IPN message from AEC to Membership Pro if it is possible

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #83303 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Tony

Could you please submit a support ticket sending me super admin account of your site? I would like to look at your current data (and also have one question about the IPN message which PayPal send back to AEC)

If you have a Skype account, and can discuss about it with me directly, that's even better. My Skype nickname is os.tuanpn

Would like to receive some helps so that I can finish this task

Tuan

More
7 years 9 months ago #83304 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Tuan

Its been a long time since I dabbled in the AEC code, but I did write my own payment plugin for a recurring payment (not PayPal obviously) and so if there is something I might be able to explain feel free to try me!

Calum

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #83329 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Calum. I just want to know something related to recurring payment with PayPal in AEC:

1. When a recurring payment happens, what URL PayPal send the IPN message to ?

2. I need a sample of the IPN message which send when a recurring payment happens in PayPal

I need this information so that:

1. When PayPal continues notify AEC (which should be disabled after the migration done and the process is migrated to membership pro), the system needs to forward this notification to Membership Pro for processing

2. We need to find a way to map the recurring payment record from AEC to Membership Pro (so I need to know what data PayPal sends to AEC to process extending the related subscription record properly)

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 9 months ago #83368 by Calum
1. I will pull the path off for you.

2. OK I will see if I can get one from a PP Sandbox.

More
7 years 9 months ago #83370 by Calum
1. OK first thing to be aware of... AEC had a delightful custom field that let you specify a different IPN page to call! Its a setting in the paypal payment plugin with the field name "altipnurl" - the paypal plan is paypal_subscription not the normal paypal AFAIK the normal couldn't handle recurring payments.

If no special URL is set in settings it will go to:
yoursite.com/index.php?option=com_acctex...criptionnotification

2. It seems none of my development config's currently have AEC installed. Do you have it installed anywhere? I guess not? In which case I will create a dev box on a virtual server for it and send you some details...

Its presumably the same format as you already receive through the MembPro but you need the data mapping...?
I can tell you off the top of my head - PayPal will return a field called "invoice" which is a unique reference number from the AEC Subscription Table to identify the payment. Thats a unique number thats non-sequential. (Beware AEC also had a 'pretty invoice field' i.e. 2016-001 - that wont be in the IPN.
A field called "mc_gross" which is the value paid and it looks like "mc_currency" and "mc_amount1" might be used in certain cases.
there should be a "txn_type"
BUT If I Recall correctly its a two or three stage process... PayPal sends an IPN to the Joomla Site, Joomla then asks the PayPal site to authenticate its self and then send back the payment details.

If I was coding this (and I'm pleased I'm not!) I would have imported the AEC member to MembPro including the invoice reference number. Then I'd probably try and pass it through your existing processor or a clone of it that was called AECPayPal or something. And then hopefully just need to do any mapping of data to the correct field types...