Migration from AEC to Membership Pro

• Tracy Drummond
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #41525 by Tracy Drummond
Migration from AEC to Membership Pro was created by Tracy Drummond
I have been using AEC since 2007. I am about to migrate to Membership Pro. Has anyone done this and tell me if so, how did it go?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #41585 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Hi Tracy

Unfortunately, we don't have a migration script to migrate from AEC to Membership Pro. So if you decide to migrate, you will have to find a way to export your subscribers from AEC into a csv file and then import it to Membership Pro use CSV import function.

At the moment, we are working on some major improvements to Membership Pro and we might consider writing migration script to migrate data from other membership extensions into Membership Pro

But for now, it is not available.

Tuan

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #44878 by x-bit
Replied by x-bit on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Hello @all!

I would like to chime in and express my highest interest in a possibility to migrate from AEC ( www.valanx.org ) to Membership Pro. I am paying member there since March 2011 and very unhappy with their support and update policy (even the forum is broken since years!).

We have a site with about 2.500 active users and it would be vital to migrate the following assets:
- Plans (we only have yearly subscriptions)
- Payment processors (actually only Pay Pal, Pay Pal recurring, Coupons and offline)
We do provide recurring plans with Pay Pal which would have to run out on AEC or, better, should migrate to Membership Pro
- User data including date of registration, date of renewal of AEC plans
- Integration of existing coupons for free membership (We have a lot of coupons in the wild, they should still work in future)

When I browse the AEC forum, I am totally positive that most of the paying clients there would appreciate this migration possibility and I would be more than happy to announce it, as about everybody is looking for another option.

Please update me if you need anything!

Kind regards,
x-bit
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by x-bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Sanders

More
9 years 10 months ago #44908 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Hi x-bit

Migrating from a subscription extension to a new subscription extension is not an easy task. There should not be any problem with migrating data (plans, subscribers). The biggest challenge would be handle the existing recurring subscriptions.

As the old recurring subscription is handled by the old extension, each time Paypal process payment for that recurring subscription, it will NOTIFY the OLD EXTENSION about that extension, not notifying Membership Pro. So Membership Pro won't know about that payment and could not update the subscription status (could not extend subscritiption) of the payer.

To be honest, I haven't looked at AEC, so I don't know how they store the subscribers, how they handle recurring subscriptions, so at this time, I don't know whether it is possible or not for doing this migration

I guess writing a proper migrating script will take much time and seems at this time, I am not ready to spend time to write it (I still want to spend time to add some more features into the extension before focusing on the other tasks - it is quite good now but it still need to be improved).

So forgive me for could not work on it right now. The only way to migrate data at the moment is still using the CSV import feature provide by Membership Pro.

Will consider writing the migration script in the future, but atleast I won't be able to work on it in the next one month !

Regards,

Tuan

• Tracy Drummond
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #45180 by Tracy Drummond
Replied by Tracy Drummond on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
X-bit
I am contracting a company to do my migration.

Tracy

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #45206 by x-bit
Replied by x-bit on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Thanks Tuan Pham Ngoc and Tracy for your comments.

I do understand that, especially, the recurring payments are a problem. I really see that those have to be canceled by AEC one day and reopened under Membership Pro or similar. I was thinking to use, for a transition time, two applications, one for new customers, Pay Pal yearly payers, offline and coupons and AEC only for recurring payments, until the number of subscriptions sinks. So only members with yearly payment and coupons would suffer an immediate migration... which brings me back to one of my concerns, the existing coupons.
Would it be possible to create the coupons at Membership Pro analogue to the existing ones in AEC?

In any way I would like to thank you for your effort thinking about a possibility in future.

If you need access to AEC, I would be happy to let you have a look at it.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by x-bit.

More
9 years 10 months ago #45214 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Hi

I believe we will have a way to migrate all of these information, even recurring subscriptions, but will need to take time to study it's structure...

Any chance I can have a copy of your site so that I can look at it to see whether we can spend few days to work on this migration ?

Tuan

• Tracy Drummond
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #45236 by Tracy Drummond
Perhaps. I would need to ask the contractors. I do not use recurring subscription. My users have to come renew every year.
I need a way to have the history saved. You should take this seriously since so many will need to find a replacement for AEC now.

Your product seems to lack
History of past and current subscriptions
A method to get a print out of subscribers
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Tracy Drummond. Reason: Correction

• Tracy Drummond
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #45239 by Tracy Drummond
Please contact me offline. I am doing a migration (well having a contractor do it). bighealey@charter.net

• Tracy Drummond
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #46290 by Tracy Drummond
UPDATE

We have removed Community Builder from our solution. We will have to re-import again.

Still awaiting a button to apply plan after off-line payment is received and clears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaety