Migration from AEC to Membership Pro

• Tracy Drummond
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #47331 by Tracy Drummond
Replied by Tracy Drummond on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
I have completed my migration. This was a very difficult task taking three months (were also migrated from Joomla 1.0 to 3.0 via 1.7. Yes we had to do a full intermediate migration. NO UPGRADE PATH :-(

old.healey.org
www.healey.org
We had Joomla/CB/AEC
ended up with out CB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #47349 by x-bit
Replied by x-bit on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Tracy,
Thanks for the update. I would like to know if migrated to Membership Pro and how you did overcome the problems of existing members.

Happy to hear from you!

• Tracy Drummond
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #47774 by Tracy Drummond
So far Membership Pro lacks many of the features of AEC. Membership pro looks better, but needs many features yet. Even though for the price it is not bad and I hope to see further development.

More
9 years 7 months ago #47782 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Yes Tracy. Membership Pro still have rooms to improve and I am working on it. Could you please list the most important features which you want so that I can consider adding to future releases ?

Regards,

Tuan

• Tracy Drummond
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #47867 by Tracy Drummond
It is a matter of maturity and ease of use really. For example. How can I tell how many times a user has been notified? I found a way but it requires hours of log searching on the server / provider / send mail side. Also we need a clear and apply plan button which also sends and email out. Better documentation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #47905 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Tracy

In the latest code on server (you can download and upgrade it to your site), you can look at the OS Membership Reminder plugin.

I added a parameter called CC Email. You can enter the email you want to receive notification into that field. Each time the system sends reminder email to subscribers, you will receive a copy of them so that you know it is sent.

Documentation of the extension clearly need to be updated. That's my plan for this month with many other improvements. More to come, just take time :).

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: x-bit

More
9 years 7 months ago #48012 by x-bit
Replied by x-bit on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
I am happy to announce that we bought Membership Pro today for evaluation.

We will create a new plan for defined areas in the site and try to gain some experience with it, letting it run side by side with the existing membership solution.

If everything works smoothly we will disable the possibility to open new memberships with AEC and let the existing clients extinct. New users will sign up with Membership Pro. We hope that after one year we will get rid of AEC, finally!

More
9 years 7 months ago #48035 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks x-bit :). If you have any questions about it while setting up and use it, please don't hesitate to ask us for support. Also, if you have any ideas to improve the extension, please lets us know as well

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 7 months ago #48102 by kaety
Replied by kaety on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
I would be interested to find out how or who is doing your AEC migration for you, I have a site I need to transition from AEC to Memberships Pro as it is so much more user friendly for our Administrators

More
8 years 4 months ago #72018 by MrBean
Replied by MrBean on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Hey Tuan,
did you ever work out how to do AEC migration I have a coupe of AEC sites considering moving to MPRO