Migration from AEC to Membership Pro

More
8 years 2 days ago #79863 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Due to the the way the data is stored/organized in AEC component, I could not find a way to migrate subscription history of a subscription (AEC doesn't store subscription start date, subscription end date....each time a renewal happen - manually or recurring payment renewal), so for each subscription, we can only have a main record (like in AEC)

The only way would be to explode the params encoded data into a temporary table and import it back from there.

I think a lot of people are keen to have a solution quickly and I think this would add a delay. Once you've migrated you'll never go back to retrieve it. I'd think processing recurring payments would be more important.

I botched my own processor for goCardless in AEC which I have on a J1.5 site taking recurring payments. Does the MembPro GoCardless do recurring? They wont have any recurrences till December so no rush - just curious...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 days ago #79898 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Hi Calum

1. I checked the encoded data. However, that data doesn't contain the subscription start date and subscription end date of the renewal payment record, that's why I could not get it imported

2. About GoCardless , at the moment, it doesn't support recurring subscription sorry. To be honest, I also don't have time to work on it in the near future, there are other improvements I want to focus working on first. So for that gateway, I will have to leave it to later development

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #80272 by Imaaxx
Replied by Imaaxx on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi Tony

If you use PayPal, you won't have to worry about it as I will develop that plugin and make it available soon (sometime next week, even this weekend). If you use 2Checkout for example, it is not possible in the near future as at the moment, 2Checkout payment plugin in Membership Pro doesn't support recurring payment yet (something I will work on in the next two weeks - code is ready, just need to config it together with a customer to confirm it working well as this option could not be tested with 2Checkout sandbox)

Regards,

Tuan

Hello,

How are things going with the plugins? I will begin testing the Migration component soon and will let you know if i find anything.

Thanks for this.

Alan
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Imaaxx.

More
7 years 11 months ago #80274 by Imaaxx
Hello,

Is it possible to make a Migrator version that can connect to another DB site, as our live site is Joomla 1.5.26, and we are migrating to a new Joomla 3.5.1 site. After installing the new migrator i don't see anyway to connect it to another DB.

Regards

More
7 years 11 months ago #80275 by x-bit
Replied by x-bit on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Imaaxx,

This probably won't work, as there are DB changes from AEC for Joomla 1.5 to 3.5.
The only way I see is to migrate Joomla! 1.5 to 1.7 to 2.5 up to 3.5, installing the corresponding AEC versions.

I can provide principal versions of AEC_1.0_rev5149_FULL up to last version. Please let me know your actual version and build if you would be interested in receiving those newer versions.

More
7 years 11 months ago #80277 by Imaaxx
Hello x-bit,

Thanks for the info, we were able to import all the DB fields we wanted using the CSV export / Import from our old Joomla 1.5 site to the new 3.5 site. So maybe we don't really need the migrator tool. We would need the plugin to route from AEC to Membership Pro for sure and 2C0.

I dont really want to go thru all those manual updates if i dont really have to.

Regards

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #80278 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
I'm not sure there were any major changes to the subscr and invoices tables? There are new tables for new features? I may have missed something though...

Are the changes unique to J3.5 with AEC or just old versions of AEC to the last release?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Calum.

More
7 years 11 months ago #80461 by Imaaxx
Hello,

Would love to hear from Taun about this, remote DB connection would be ideal for this type of a tool.

Thanks

More
7 years 11 months ago #80462 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Actually, hard to implement remote DB connection unless the DB is on the same server with your current site. Is it your case?

Tuan

More
7 years 11 months ago #80465 by Imaaxx

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Actually, hard to implement remote DB connection unless the DB is on the same server with your current site. Is it your case?

Tuan

Yes in our case the sites are on the same server.

Regards