Migration from AEC to Membership Pro

More
8 years 1 month ago #78187 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Tuan

If you need a second "live" database I can clone a live into somewhere for you and delete the email addresses and anything else you technically shouldn't see from the user table. Just shout.

Sorry - got distracted by component development...

Calum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago #78190 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Thanks Calum. For now, I think one database is enough for me with developing the migrator. If I need more, I will ask for your help

Thanks all :)

Tuan

More
8 years 1 month ago #78205 by x-bit
Replied by x-bit on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Tuan,

I saw that somebody offered you access but did not know if this worked out.

Happy to help if you need anything!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago #78229 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@x-bit: For now, I think I have enough information I need. If I need more, I will ask for your help

Thanks so much.

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imaaxx

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #78441 by Imaaxx
Replied by Imaaxx on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Hello,

We have been able to import our members data and custom fields from Joomsocial into Membership Pro using the CSV format. But i was wondering how the data coming back from Paypal will be handled, one member stated that currently this is not possible. So i am wondering how others that have migrated from AEC and have dealt with this issue. Also as we are in the process of migrating from Joomla 1.5 and AEC to Joomla 3.4 and Membership pro and if we should wait for your migrator tool also will your migrator be able to deal with the URL changes from AEC to Membership Pro so that the members status and other data is updated in the new site after a subscription is renewed.

Thanks again for a great component.
Alan
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Imaaxx.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago #78450 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Alan

As you pointed out, migrate data is just a first process. If your site has recurring subscription, we will have to find a way so that when when a recurring payment for existing subscription happens, the payment gateway will send notification to AEC instead of to Membership Pro

So we will have to have a plugin to catch the notification to AEC, route it to membership pro for processing membership renewal...

That will be part of the migration script which I will be working on

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imaaxx

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79181 by Tony Partridge
Replied by Tony Partridge on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Hello Tuan,

Has there been any progress? I am another user who needs to migrate a site from AEC since it's closed it's Doors. But we do have re-occuring subscriptions so you migration option sounds perfect. At present we can't risk updating the site to J3.5 and PHP7 with the current AEC version :-(.

Many thanks
Tony

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #79437 by x-bit
Hello Tuan....

There are other subscription management components working on an AEC migration solution right now. Is your offer still standing to come up with a solution?

We did migrate to Joomla 3.5.1 (without PHP 7) and it broke quite a lot! We are rolling back to 3.5.0 at this moment.

It's getting really hot now for all former AEC clients and there are some discussions going on at the German community...

Thanks for a quick update!
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by x-bit.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #79438 by x-bit
Tuan,
I have the impression you are thinking to complicated on the matter of recurring payment. If you look at the IPN address stored with Pay Pal, you find out that the URL is always the same:
yoursite.tld/index.php?option=com_acctexp&task=paypalnotification

One should just route this url to actual component for getting IPN informations from Pay Pal for former AEC clients.

The point is to get all the history from AEC to Membership Pro... I think there will be some data loss, it's quite wired when I look at AEC database structure. But really, I have the impression that one could live with that.
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by x-bit.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79439 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
x-bit

I think you are thinking too simple! So paypal contacts that IPN notification address - thats the easy bit re-routing it! That notification returns an AEC Invoice Number, Payment value and some other bits and pieces. Tuan needs to find a way for Membership Pro to take that information and process it to confirm payment on an invoice it didn't create... ..including validating the payment. AEC has some rather nifty complexities to it which mean it also could process multiple payments for different things so its possible a user has two subscriptions - you need to unpick all that...

Added to that, I think the communication is a two way piece of communication, so paypal IPN expects a response from the notification - while its probably possible to fudge that with a response saying "message understood" even if it wasn't it would be better to be processing the message and deciding if it was understood...