Migration from AEC to Membership Pro

More
7 years 8 months ago #85910 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Hi Matt

1. First of all, please follow the instructions and download the migrator component from here membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/migrat...ec-to-membership-pro , the one which I posted before in this thread was outdated, then run the migrator again

2. Maybe in the old system, the alias was empty for some reasons. So after complete the migration, please :

- Go to Membership Pro -> Categories, click on every category to edit, save it so that the alias can be generated

- Go to Membership Pro -> Plans, do the same task as above

Then check it again. If it still doesn't work, please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that we can check it directly on your site for you

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #85958 by Matt Binz
Replied by Matt Binz on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
I did follow your steps for editing categories and plans and it did give them the alias correctly but did not resolve the issues below.

These are my steps for them migration on my Staging 3 site.
Turned off mail sending so no emails will be sent to user at this point
Install Mpro
Install latest AEC migrator
Run migration and hit Clear Mpro then hit migrate

It works to a degree
It does not assign the users to their Joomla usergroup
Example Bill smith was originally (before my rebuild of the original live site which was just using AEC ) in Gold user group on live site in Joomla and is showing Bill Smith as registered on staging3 not in Gold.
(Please note :
As I previously stated I made a mistake and did not import the users groups over when I rebuilt this site (still only using AEC) on the new server 3 months ago, then I added the usergroups for the plans ...gold, silver, platinum. next I created this staging3 site from the live site. So even on the new live site the users are not assigned to the correct Joomla user groups like Gold..etc)

More importantly I do not seethe tabs called "Jomsocial Settings" or "Joomla Groups" in the plan anymore to assign usergroups to the plan?
gyazo.com/6cdb45c543b96546640f7765449363b6

I defintly need to be able to assign the usergroups to the plan?

Thank you

More
7 years 8 months ago #85989 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Matt

The extension doesn't process assigning subscribers to Joomla groups during the import process (if they are old subscribers in AEC, they should belong to the correct groups already)

If you want the subscribers to be assigned to correct groups, we can help writing some code to make it happens. Please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of the site so that I can check it further

Tuan

More
7 years 8 months ago #86083 by Matt Binz
Replied by Matt Binz on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Can you tell me why I do not see the tabs called "Jomsocial Settings" or "Joomla Groups" in the plan anymore to assign usergroups to the plan?

I will provide the site sign in shortly for you to review.

More
7 years 8 months ago #86218 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Matt

Just want to mention that I did see your ticket but was too busy in the last two days and could not look at it yet. I will look at your ticket and reply you via support ticket on tomorrow morning

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #86508 by x-bit
Replied by x-bit on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Hello @all!

Anybody already did a migration with existent coupons?
If I understand correctly, they should migrate from AEC as well, but they do not show up... it`s just empty.

Any ideas where they gone?

Using:
- Recent AEC to Mpro migrator
- Joomla 3.5.0
- PHP 5.5.28
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by x-bit.

More
7 years 8 months ago #86543 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello @x-bit, unfortunately, the migration script doesn't migrate coupon codes. I will try to look at it when I have some time but at the moment, I am quite busy working on the improvements to the extension :(

Tuan

More
7 years 8 months ago #86544 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Also, if someone migrates data, please use the migration script here membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/migrat...ec-to-membership-pro

The code which I posted before in this topic is abit outdated and might not work well with Membership Pro 2.6.0+

Tuan

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #86573 by x-bit
Replied by x-bit on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Thanks Tuan for coming back so quickly.

oh.... that's sad :(
I was so thrilled to see the progress with the migrator, it seems to work really great!

We have a bunch of coupons (normally volume licenses) out in the wild and must have them in Mpro for guaranteeing the continuation for all clients.

We will have to wait then and I would like to encourage you continuing your great work!

P.s.: I did use the migrator from membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/migrat...ec-to-membership-pro but, apparently, this wasn't the problem.

EDIT: I just had a look at the coupons structure and there is one big difference.
AEC does provide a "Name" and "Description" field, which is quite handy for grouping volume licenses. We have discounts on pre-paid subscription for 10/20/30/50 licenses if bought together. If you are working at Mpro at the moment, this would be something really cool to implement!
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by x-bit.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #86611 by Jeff Angus
Replied by Jeff Angus on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Can you tell me why I do not see the tabs called "Jomsocial Settings" or "Joomla Groups" in the plan anymore to assign usergroups to the plan?

I will provide the site sign in a ticket for you.

Note: i originally posted this under Matt I explained why to you before Tuan

Edit: I discovered I had not enabled the plugins and once I did the tabs appeared of course.
Is there anyway to assign the users to their proper Joomla users group and Jomsocial groups on mass?
Can I do a PHPmyadmin query to find them and then change thgen set their usergroups?

Thank you
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Jeff Angus.