Events Booking version 3.14.0 released

More
3 years 3 months ago #140577 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
HI Tuan,
QR CODES
Sorry if this is silly question but in the documentation it takes about inserting tag [TICKET_QRCODE] .
However I cant see that in the list of tags for messages ie email - See screen shot. the tag
I also can't see anywhere in EB configuration where you specify Generate QR Code or not.
Is this tag generated by default  or am I missing something? I could not find anything in EB documenation about generating the QR Code
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 3 months ago #140578 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
Hi David

It is mentioned in documentation. So please try to use it, it works

Sometime, you really should try to use it yourself instead of asking. It should save time of both of us.

Tuan

More
3 years 3 months ago #140579 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
Hi Tuan,
With all due respect, sometimes in EB the Documentation does not always reflect in the product. In the attached a screen shot for user emails for instance you can see all the available tags. I can't see anywhere in that the QR code tag. What I can see though are my own custom field tags ([DEPOSIT], [LIFEGUARD_FEE], [BBQ])  at the bottom (which is great by the way that they get put in there).

So even by reading the documentation, you can't always be sure it reflects the product and that was the reason for my question
But i will assume that tag for the QR code is there .

Kind regards
David

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 3 months ago #140581 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello David

In this documentation eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/advance...sing-qrcode-plus-app , I already give a clear instructions, so I think you can just follow the instructions here to setup and check it instead of asking me to confirm. That would save time of both of us, do you agree?

(You had so many support tickets last year - about 60 support tickets and many of them were just asking me to confirm something simple - that's the reason sometime I asked you to try yourself instead of asking to save me sometime).

Ask me for support any time you want but try to save me sometime if it is possible.

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 3 months ago #140582 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
And just for your information, the tag [TICKET_QRCODE] is not listed there because depends on the method you are using to checkin registrants, you can use [TICKET_QRCODE] - the recommended tag or [QRCODE] - when you use this checkin method eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/advance...ng-qrcode-reader-app

• StreetSportService
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #140653 by StreetSportService
Replied by StreetSportService on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
Tuan good you pointed out that [TICKET_QRCODE] is for the new app QRCode Plus and [QRCODE] is for the old app iCODY APP

Is that correct?

I missed that small but important detail, so I have to edit my message templates.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by StreetSportService.

• StreetSportService
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #140654 by StreetSportService
Replied by StreetSportService on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
Tuan I just discovered what might be an issue for others.

Some of my custom-made EB messages templates were overwritten and set back to default. At least form messages >> Thank You Message + Thank You Message (offline) is affected but maybe it is others too.

Is this an issue that you are aware of?