• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 months ago #140411 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking version 3.14.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce new version of Events Booking 3.14.0 with the following nice improvements:

1. Support New IOS App For Checking-in Registrants

You can now using a free IOS App called   QRCode Plus  to checkin registrants. For more details, please read documentation at eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/advance...sing-qrcode-plus-app

2. Backend Event Creation Form Is Now Configurable
You can now choose to hide the tabs, fields which you don't want to use on backend event creation form. That will make the create event form become simpler and faster to create events.

3. Allow Export Registrants To PDF
You can now export your registrants into a PDF file. As of right now, only basic fields are supported (due to the limitation of PDF, the space is not enough to export all fields). However, you can easily modify code to include more fields you want in the export if needed (the data is available already, you just need to output it in the way you want when it is needed).

4. Integrate With Joomla! Privacy Consent
With this integration, if someone registers for an event in Events Booking and accept to Privacy Policy (See  GDPR  ), Events Booking will insert a privacy consent record to Joomla so that the users won't have to accept it again on his first login (required by Joomla)

5. Added Option To Resize Event Image
By default, the system does not resize the large image which you uploaded for your events. If you want to resize the uploaded image to certain size, you can set Resize Event Large Image config option to Yes and configure the size you want in Large Image Width  and Large Image Width config options

6. Added/Updated Payment Plugin
- Added EB SaferPayJson payment plugin to work with JSON API (required by SaferPay now)
- Updated EB Squareup payment plugin to use latest Squareup API (the old API was deprecated). 

7. Some other small improvements
- Allow viewing registrants list of children events on parent event details page (in case you configure the system to display children events under parent event details page)
- Added tool to delete Orphans Registrants (registrants without associated event because the event was deleted before). domain.com/administrator/index.php?optio...e_orphans_registrant
- Improve Additional Dates plugin: Remember status of Update Data From Main Event checkbox
- Clean up modules (upcoming events, categories and events slider) code. We now use the appropriate model class to get the data for displaying instead of re-write code to query data directly from database.
- Added more parametesr to Upcoming Events, Events Slider module to make it more flexible (Categories, Exclude Categories, Locations).
- Improve OpenStreetMap integration: Allow drag and drop marker on the map to point to location you want for the location which you are creating.
- Allow using event custom fields tags in group member email
- Added config option to allow using coupon code when registrants joining waiting list
- Improve EU VAT Integration: Add config option allow hiding VAT Number field for home country (registrants from home country will be charged tax anyway, so no need for showing VAT Number Input for validation).
- Improve Clickatell SMS Plugin: Allow setting Sender ID in the plugin parameter
- Fixed fatal error when sending SMS message to administrator is enabled

Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these improvements. Thanks for continue using our products. We will continue working hard to make Events Booking better from time to time.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric Lamy, Alison, Josh Gilson, David Unwin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #140419 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
There are some very nice new features with this release, particularly the app for checking in registrants via an app. The only shame is that it is IOS only and not Android as well. Are there any plans for Android? Personally, I would be willing to pay for this as an extra on top of the Events Booking component. With Covid 19 still around we have check-in all our registrants for 'track and trace purposes' So having this app would be very beneficial.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 months ago #140422 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
Hi David

Sadly, I don't have experience with Mobile App development, so I can only integrate with available apps only

If you know any free Android apps which can make a post request back to a certain URL when QRCODE is scanned for validation, let me know and I will be happy to support it

Tuan

More
3 years 2 months ago #140439 by David Unwin
Hi Tuan,
Yes, I understand that you can't have every skill in web development.
I will investigate Android apps.
Kind regards
David

More
3 years 2 months ago #140451 by David Unwin
Tuan,
Quick question. What is the significance of QRCODE Size in the configuration? you can set it between 1 and 10?

Attachments:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 months ago #140463 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
It controls the size of the generated QRCODE. Try to change it value, check the generated QRCODE to see if it meets your need, if not, change it to other value

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin

More
3 years 2 months ago #140484 by Trond Skaare
Replied by Trond Skaare on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
Hi 

I am trying to update, but receive the message below, and the link is incorrect. Where can I find the update so I can download it?ErrorFailed to download package. Download it and install manually from  www.joomdonation.com/index.php?option=co...ckage&document_id=56 .

Trond

More
3 years 2 months ago #140485 by David Unwin
You should be able to download from your downloads page if you have an up to date licence joomdonation.com/my-downloads.html

More
3 years 2 months ago #140486 by Trond Skaare
Replied by Trond Skaare on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
I am unfamiliar with this, so I am sorry if my question is strange

Do I downoad the entire Event Booking 3.14 file (I ave access to the download site)?

Trond

More
3 years 2 months ago #140487 by David Unwin
Yes, Go to my Downloads, See screen shot.
Click on download. The zip file will be downloaded. You will then have to unzip the files util you see a file called something like 'com_eventsbooking'. 
You then install that through the normal Joomla process. It will overwrite your existing version, if it exists.
Attachments: