Events Booking version 3.14.0 released

More
3 years 3 months ago #140488 by Trond Skaare
Replied by Trond Skaare on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
It is done

Thank you

Trond :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #140489 by Sunil
Replied by Sunil on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
Hi David

Have you tried using the Android App ?
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joomdonation.ebscan
We have been using it for more than a year and works like a charm.

• StreetSportService
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #140490 by StreetSportService
Replied by StreetSportService on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
A question to Tuan and/or David regarding app use

A) Does scanning the ticket also mark it as checked-in?

If not the ticket can be used again ... but on the other hand, it would be great if there was a config option to turn on/off whether a scan performs a check-in too.

B ) Is there an account log-in required on the (IOS) App?
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by StreetSportService.

More
3 years 3 months ago #140491 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
Hi Sunil,
We did look at that option. The problem is we are a small UK charity and for our events our volunteers (who check people into our events) would have to use their own mobile phones for the app. 
The App costs around £27 for each phone and we have around 10 volunteers who each would have to purchase the app, so it is not financially viable for us. The Free IOS app in the new release of Events Booking eliminates that cost but most of our volunteers use Android phones
Kind regards
David

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 3 months ago #140495 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
@Trond Skaare Better configure Download ID so that you can update to latest version of the extension in future releases. See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/getting...on#use-joomla-update for instructions

@David If you can found any free Android APP which offers the same feature with the IOS app which we are using (make a request back to the website after scanning QRCODE), I will be happy to integrate into Events Booking for you

@StreetSportService

- Of course scan the QRCODE checkin registrants (it also performs validation to avoid the same ticket is scanned again and again)

- There is no login requires. You just need to configure the APP, then scan QRCODE to checkin registrants (if he is having a valid ticket)

Tuan

More
3 years 3 months ago #140515 by Sunil
Replied by Sunil on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
Hi David

Didn't realise the cost had gone up as much. I bought it for less than £9.
If you reach out to the devloper Sang Le and ask him for an enterprise pricing he might be able to give you an apk at a much lower cost.
We did some development for the software to work with  Zebra hand held scanners. I can look at speaking to our developers if you are keen.

Regards
Sunil  

More
3 years 3 months ago #140518 by David Unwin
Hi Sunil,
I think the real issue here is that there is an IOS app for free at    QRCode Plus  
So, customers of Events Booking who use IOS have QR scanner Option for free. Whereas Android users at the moment would have to pay an amount for each device they want to use with this function of events booking. So, for us even at £9 that would be £90 for our 10 volunteers. then if we have new volunteers, we have to pay £9 each time we have a new person. If a volunteer leaves, we lose that Function as they take the phone with them.
What @TUAN has provided is function  using a zero cost app. As @TUAN said if we can find a free Android app that has the same function as the QRCode Plus, he will add the same functionality for the Android App.

Now speaking personally, I would not mind paying an extra few dollars/pounds/euro on  our Event Booking licence to pay for the Android app development costs and we could have unlimited copies of the app. I am not a APP expert but all from what I can see all the app as to do is link back to the Event Booking component on our web site and pass some fields to allow check in to be done from the app rather than the check in function of Events Booking.

Kind regards
David

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 3 months ago #140546 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
I would say that developing the app would be a simple job. Just read the scanned QRCODE and make a post request to the configured URL (for checking in) and we are done

Sadly I don't have mobile app development experience at the moment to develop this kind of app. Maybe in the future

If anyone knows an Android APP which offer this feature, please let me know and I will integrate it with Events Booking

Regards,

Tuan

• StreetSportService
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #140550 by StreetSportService
Replied by StreetSportService on topic Events Booking version 3.14.0 released
Hi Tuan

If you end up developing a Joomdonation app it would be great to integrate Membership Pro too, and the ability to have a QR code on membership cards with some kind of simple check-in registration record attracted to each profile.

In this way MP will open up to fit memberships in the physical world even better, where clubs, fitness, yoga etc manage access and check the validity of memberships every time the show up at a location.

Futhermore
...it would be great to have user login, to restrict access to scan only own events, and have an eventlist and a list of registrants for each event where there is an easy over of who checked-in or not for each event.

Your competition JTicketing has had an app with these features for a number of years and this works great (a free version + a paid version).

I do not code myself, but I have researched the app development matter, and there is an ability to code an app in a language that can be deployed to multiple platforms (IOS, Android, Windowsphone) with the push of a button.

I hope you will consider taking the APP project into your own hands and develop it yourself, so we can extend EB & MP with the same great features and support on an APP that we get from the you with the extensions. And of course I would not mind paying extra for either the app OR a plugins that enables APP usage.

Thanks again for your great work :)

More
3 years 3 months ago #140552 by David Unwin
@streetssportsservice. Agree having a QR codes on Membership Cards sounds a great idea.
I mentioned in an earlier thread on this. I am sure many customers would be willing to pay a few $/£/€ more on their annual license for QR features. It must be the way to go for checking people into events, particularly in this Covid-19 world when event organisers are having to do 'track and trace' on behalf of the local governments and health authorities.