• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #66923 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking 2.0.2 released

Buzzy wrote: Thanks for that. To be honest I can't see why a section of the forum where the version update posts are put is not done. Then it's easy enough to see all updates and involves no extra work since these get posted anyway. Having to do a search of the forum is a bit crazy. Also it should not be extra work to post what is changed as I would really hope the developers actually work to a change log themselves anyway!

In the last few months, I spent most of my time to improve the extension. And now, it's the time for me to slow down the development abit and update documentation, organize change logs....to give more information about it to customers

Give me sometime (maybe two weeks) to work on these items

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #66924 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic Events Booking 2.0.2 released
Okay thanks! By the way, I am on version 1.7.4 and it is showing as up to date with no indication that there is a newer version?

More
8 years 7 months ago #66946 by David
Replied by David on topic Events Booking 2.0.2 released
Hi Tuan,

Can you explain when we only want to show custom field for first group member? How to leverage this feature?

Regards,
David

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #66954 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

The simplest use-case is Group Registration for a free event. Not all members have emails, so you just might want to collect email of the first member (so that the system can send registration confirmation to him). In this case, you can edit the email field, set "Only show for first group member" to Yes and it will just display for first member, not the following members.

That completely depend on your requirement. So if you don't need it, don't think about it and ignore this new feature :)

Tuan

More
8 years 7 months ago #67028 by Andrew Shaw
Replied by Andrew Shaw on topic Events Booking 2.0.2 released
A standard Late fee field under the early bird discount cannot be that hard?

I need this doing now as my client is becoming restless....

Andy

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #67045 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Andrew Shaw wrote: A standard Late fee field under the early bird discount cannot be that hard?

I need this doing now as my client is becoming restless....

Andy

=> Sorry Andrew but I could not be rush on this feature. It is not that hard but I need to implement it carefully because the extension support different kind of registration (individual + group + shopping cart), so I need to work on it carefully (together with other features as well) so that we won't introduce bugs in new version

I am afraid of this option could not be available in less than two weeks from today. In case your client in rush, you might have to find a different extension (I don't know if there is an extension support this feature out of the box) and we will have to refund the money of your purchase.

Please update me with the decision so that I can plan for working on the feature

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #67047 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Buzzy wrote: Okay thanks! By the way, I am on version 1.7.4 and it is showing as up to date with no indication that there is a newer version?

That's my intention. Version 2.0.0 contains so many changes (to the codebase), it might contains small issues (there were some small issues found actually) and I don't want customers update it right away when it is released.

So I haven't updated the update server with new version information yet. That's the reason you see it 'Up to Date'.

Luckily, version 2.0.x works well now, so I think I can safely update the new version information on update server next week

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buzzy

More
8 years 7 months ago #67053 by Andrew Shaw
Replied by Andrew Shaw on topic Events Booking 2.0.2 released
Yes dt register has it as standard..... but i don't want to go back there! And would rather support you extension!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #67083 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Small update about Events Booking 2.0.2. Some small improvements and a small bug fixed was updated to download package on server today:

1. Implement conversion tracking code: Sometime, you will need to Conversion tracking code (for example Google AdWords Conversion Tracking Code) to registration complete page. Before, you will have to edit code to insert it. Now, I added a new config option called "Conversion tracking code" to allow you to put that code. Don't ask me about the code, to be honest, I don't understand the purpose of putting these code to registration complete page, customers asked for it and I just add support for it :D.

2. Allow using event custom field tags in the email. As you now, Events Booking allow you to define custom fields via an XML file to provide more information about the event. Now, we allow you to include that information in the email if you want using the syntax [NAME_OF_CUSTOM_FIELD_IN_UPPER_CASE], For example, [FIELD_SPEAKER], [FIELD_HOURS]....

3. Added an option to to send a copy of invoice to admin. By default, invoice will only be sent to registrant. If you want a copy of the invoice sent to admin, set 'Send invoice to administrator' config option to Yes

4. Fixed an issue with thumbnail image of event not being saved in the fontend due to a typo in my code.

5. Updated Payflow Pro payment plugin and iDEAL Mollie payment plugin. For Payflow Pro, Paypal changes payment URL, so we have to update it to new URL. For iDEAL Mollie, it is updated to work with new iDEAL Mollie API

Just the quick update. More improvements coming :)

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #67140 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Today, I released version 2.0.3 with some improvements. Please see joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...-2-0-3-released.html for details change logs. Andrew, you must be happy with this release since late fee feature is now implemented (I asked you wait for 2 weeks and I have it in less than 4 days :D).

Tuan