Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 5 months ago #154781 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile
Base on what I know, Easy Profile won't be updated to support Joomla 4, so I guess you will have to switch to a different extension to use. Here we are thinking about trying to make that extension to work with Joomla 4 for customers who need it. But we haven't made final decision yet. Will update you if we decide to work on that extension to make it works with Joomla 4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 5 months ago #154784 by Wynand Louw
Replied by Wynand Louw on topic Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile
Thanks Tuan.

@Roger I have a training centre site that integrates with Moodle. So they register on the site on forms built with Easy Profile, and then it integrates with the shop and Moodle through Joomdle.

On my new qualification website, I started to use Community Builder for the storage of all the information that I need to run the University, It integrates with what I need for that specific site in conjunction with some JoomDonation extension, and it works great. They are as helpful as Tuan and his fellow developers at Joomdonation. Always willing to listen to our challenges and try and find a solution that can benefit us as well as their extensions.

On one of my Voluntary association membership sites, I use Membership Pro together with Joomdle, Joomla and Moodle, with Joomdle bringing the integration between the Joomla and Membership pro with Moodle training platform.

Joomdonation extensions have grown a lot since I started using them. Thanks, Tuan and all your fellow developers.

More
1 year 4 months ago #154982 by Karen Griffin
Replied by Karen Griffin on topic Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile
Hi Tuan-

I have a copy of Easy Profile Pro if it would help. One of my clients is using both Easy Profile and Membership Pro, along with Chronoforms, and I would really like to avoid having to try to figure out how to recreate everything on my client's website using a different combination of extensions, as it would be a very large project that I think my client would have a problem paying for as they are a small non-profit. Let me know if you still would like a copy.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 4 months ago #154983 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. If you can send a copy to tuanpn@joomdonation.com so that we can take a look before we make decision, that would help

Regards,

Tuan

More
1 year 4 months ago #154985 by Karen Griffin
Done. Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wynand Louw

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 4 months ago #154999 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Karen. Will look at it and update you with our decision

Tuan

More
1 year 1 month ago #157193 by Karen Griffin
Hi Tuan-

Is there any news on this? I have searched high and low for a replacement for Easy Profile and am not seeing anything that actually works the way I need it to.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 1 month ago #157196 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Karen

Unfortunately, we don't have time for this development. So better, please find an alternative extension

Regards,

Tuan

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #157365 by Wynand Louw
Replied by Wynand Louw on topic Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile
Hello Karen

I had to make the decision to rebuild the registration process on my site by using Community Builder(CB). I then exported the client information from Easy Profile (EP) in an SQL file and exported the CB file and rebuild the information from the EP SQL file into the CB SQL file.

It took me a couple of days that my site was down, but it is working now with the added advantage that you have more options with CB on your site depending on what you want to achieve.

More
1 year 1 month ago #157373 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile
Hi Karen,
We also had the same problem with easy profile.
We got around it by using Membership Pro itself.
We did this by creating a special FREE membership (we called it 'Registered' ) for every registered user.
We then used Membership Pro's custom fields to assign additional fields (for us this was things like Gender, Age etc) and the used Membership Pro User Profile facility to display and manage these fields.
If the user then took out a paid membership we moved them to the plan they signed up for. When the membership expired we moved them back to Registered
This might work for you depending on your circumstances. 
Kind regards
David