Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 2 months ago #149630 by Wynand Louw
Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile was created by Wynand Louw
I like most users are experiencing huge delays from Easy Profile to be in line with the new J4 requirements. I appreciate Joomdonation's commitment to enabling all your plugins to be compatible with J4.

On membership Pro, I use to use Easy Profile but had to uninstall it with the J4 Upgrade/conversion. Membership Pro kept the date and the custom fields from the Easy Profile and it displays correctly within the new registrations. I appreciate that tremendously since it helps a lot.

Now with the selection integration in the setup, it used to be Easy Profile, but since it is uninstalled, must I now set up those same fields in Joomla 4 User custom fields or is it OK just within Membership Pro?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #149632 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile
Hello

If you uninstalled the easy profile extension, I don't think Membership Pro integration with Easy Profile still work. I guess you should ask Easy Profile developer to see if they have plan to make the extension works with Joomla 4. If not, switch to Joomla User Custom Fields would be the right direction

Tuan

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 2 months ago #149634 by Wynand Louw
Replied by Wynand Louw on topic Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile
Tuan, Thank you for your response.

Easy Profile did sync with Membership Pro on the original setup. So all the data is in the Membership Pro Custom Fields after I have uninstalled Easy Profile.

They have not communicated for months now, and this is my workaround which seems to work if I register a new user or want to update the info of an existing user.

On the user login, I have changed the user profile from Easy profile and member details to link from Membership Pro User Profile. This just means that Membership Pro Custom Fields are now the User Management details administrator.

Is there a way that I can sync these Membership Pro custom fields back to Joomla 4 User fields?

More
2 years 2 months ago #149641 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Wynand

We will need to write and run a script to transfer Membership Pro data back to Joomla 4 user custom fields. It is doable, but will cost you some fee, maybe 80$ in case you are interested

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wynand Louw

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 3 weeks ago #150819 by Wynand Louw
Sorry Tuan, did not receive an email notification.

I managed to get it sorted with Community Builder. I will systematically replace Easy Profile with Community Builder.

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #150824 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK, good to know that you got it sorted.

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wynand Louw

More
1 year 6 months ago #154054 by Raymond Barrett
Replied by Raymond Barrett on topic Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile
I use EasyProfile for a provider directory. Visitors can search using filters to find providers that are a fit for them.  
Users, have the ability to chose what is displayed to the public and what is not.  I also have a condition set so that users can decide if their profile shows to the public at all.  I also have several custom fields that only display to a user for editing if they first choose to have their profile displayed to the public.
Is it possible to migrate from EasyProfile to using Joomla fields for this?
Thank you

More
1 year 6 months ago #154056 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Raymond

I don't think Joomla core users and it's custom fields feature could handle this. Maybe you should try to look at Community Builder to see if it could handle this requirement

Regards,

Tuan

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 5 months ago #154603 by Wynand Louw
We still do not have any feedback from Easy Profile. Seems they have abandoned the extension.

More
1 year 5 months ago #154609 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@Wynand Louw Do you have a copy of latest version of the extension? If Yes, please send it to tuanpn@joomdonation.com . I will see if we can convert the extension and make it compatible with Joomla 4

Regards,

Tuan