• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 5 months ago #154614 by Wynand Louw
Replied by Wynand Louw on topic Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile
Thanks Tuan. Sent you the email.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #154623 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile
Thanks. Will look at it to see if it could be converted. Would be great if we could have their PRO version to see if it is difficult or takes much time for the conversion

Tuan

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 5 months ago #154626 by Wynand Louw
The Pro version is 29.90 Euro, but I only needed the Basic version and did not renew my subs since there is no update. Sorry for that, but the basic is what most users are using for training sites since the pro version's social media and maps are not needed. For me the price difference and what I need it for does not justify the difference in cost.

More
1 year 5 months ago #154627 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Just in case you have it :). Even if you have old pro version, that would help, too :)

Tuan

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 5 months ago #154631 by Wynand Louw
Sorry, Tuan does not have one. Will ask a friend, I think they use it.

Will let you know.

More
1 year 5 months ago #154633 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK, Thanks Wynand. If you have one, please send it to me for reviewing

Regards,

Tuan

More
1 year 5 months ago #154753 by Roger Clarke
Replied by Roger Clarke on topic Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile

I use EasyProfile for a provider directory. Visitors can search using filters to find providers that are a fit for them.  
Users, have the ability to chose what is displayed to the public and what is not.  I also have a condition set so that users can decide if their profile shows to the public at all.  I also have several custom fields that only display to a user for editing if they first choose to have their profile displayed to the public.
Is it possible to migrate from EasyProfile to using Joomla fields for this?
Thank you

I had a very similar issue on upgrade to Joomla 4 but I was using JV Link Directory which seems to have come to an end.

The solution I have gone with is to configure Membership Pro's Members List with a couple of template overrides to change the display layout of the members list and member pages, I've then added a model override to add filter functionality on a set of checkbox custom fields on the member profiles - it works by allowing frontend filtering on filterable custom fields in the same way that the backend already does. These custom fields are dependent on another custom field for the member opting in to displaying their details in the directory.

I think this then does exactly what you have described. I'm happy to share the code - either you can then add it to your site or maybe Tuan could incorporate it in his product.

To me this is a much better and simpler solution than using something else like Community Builder.

Here is the public directory:
www.uk-fa.org/consumers/directory

More
1 year 5 months ago #154755 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@Roger Clarke You made my extension looks so beautiful :). Love it !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roger Clarke

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #154773 by Wynand Louw
@ Roger Clark, your site looks great. My challenge is keeping the existing data when converting from Joomla 3.10 to Joomla 4 on a current site with a fair number of users.

I am currently testing a copy of the site to see where the issues are on the Easy Profile Extention on PHP8 and Joomla 4. Throwing massive issues.

I used this extension before I started using the Events Booking from Joomdonation. It just displayed the member information in tabs when logged in and that looked good for the user with the info I need to gather.

Always a challenge when a project does not communicate with the user who purchased the product.
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Wynand Louw.

More
1 year 5 months ago #154778 by Roger Clarke
Replied by Roger Clarke on topic Joomla 4 Upgrade and Easy Profile
Sounds like you have had the same issue I faced, just a different supplier. I decided not to try and upgrade the 3rd party extension I was using myself as it would likely be too much time and trouble, and it will need upgrading again for Joomla 5 and beyond. Better to move away from it now as likely you'd have to move away from it at some point. I looked at alternative 3rd party products, but for a simple directory the best option was to use overrides in Membership Pro. The amount of code required was really quite small.

Not sure how many members you have, but I was migrating data for 220 members. I decided it was quicker for me to cut and paste using the admin screen for each member than to write and test a script. Only took about 4 hours.

Not sure if it is possible to import the data into custom fields in another way.