Joomla core custom fields deleted

More
2 years 4 hours ago #150859 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Joomla core custom fields deleted
Hi Tuan

Do you think it could be possible to have the options suggested by Robert and I built in as Yes/No options in the future?

I think it would really add value to the extension options but appreciate you are busy improving lots of other things and we benefit from those too.

Thanks

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 hours ago #150860 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Joomla core custom fields deleted
Hello Chris

Could not promise but I added this item to my todo list. I will think about it and try to come up with a solution in the next release.

Regards,

Tuan

More
1 year 11 months ago #151102 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

I believe I come up with a solution for this problem. The idea is copying all data for all fields which are not being displayed on renewal form from original subscription to renewal subscriptions. It works for both fields not being shown on renewal form by custom field setting or by access level

If anyone has this issue, please submit a support ticket so that I can send updated version to you for testing. If it works, I will be happy to include it in next release of the extension

Tuan

More
1 year 8 months ago #152790 by David Fletcher
Replied by David Fletcher on topic Joomla core custom fields deleted
Tuan and all
I am having this problem too, and want to declutter the subscription form.
What is the latest please and how does this releate to the current software release that I am using?

More
1 year 8 months ago #152797 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

I don't remember exactly the release I have this handled properly, but it was sometime ago. So if you update to latest release 3.1.0, the issue will be fixed

Tuan

More
1 year 8 months ago #152827 by David Fletcher
I see a box at the bottom of each of the custom field called Populate data from the previous subscription, default to yes.
Is this the fix please?
regards

More
1 year 8 months ago #152833 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
No David, that's not related. But should be set to Yes. The fix is somewhere in a system plugin in the package. All you need to do is update your site to latest version of the extension and check it again

If there is still any difficulty, let me know (maybe submit a support ticket) and we will guide you to check it further

Tuan

More
1 year 7 months ago #153244 by David Fletcher
Tuan
I am again seeing data deleted from particular custom fields when subscription renewal takes place.
I thought this was all fixed now? It has started again after the ltest update to 3.1.1
Help please. This an admin nightmare
David

More
1 year 7 months ago #153277 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

Do you have a clear/reliable way for me to see the issue myself? If Yes, please submit a support ticket send me:

1. Super admin account of the site

2. Tell me step by step what I need to do to see the error

I will check it again to see what's wrong and get it sorted

Tuan

More
1 year 7 months ago #153335 by David Fletcher
Tuan
I have done some more checking and testing and believe the following identifies the current issue.
If a custom field is not displayed in the subsrciption form, then the field data will only be retained on renewal if the field access is set to 'Public' or 'Registered'.
Any higher custom field access setting means that the data is deleted on renewal.
Bearing in mind these fields are used for admin, and I dont want members to see or have editing rights. This I can prevent by turning off options in the individual field manangment panel. But I would normal expect thse restricted fileds to have an access setting higher than Registered to protect the content.
So why does a core access setting imact on the workings of the plugin?
I think that you can test this yourself wihtout access to my system.
Is this how you intend the programme to work?
regards
David