Multiple date ranges per event

• Anders William Petersen
More
10 years 10 months ago #32300 by Anders William Petersen
Replied by Anders William Petersen on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
Hi

This is based on EventBooking. But it has been modified quite a bit. there's also an option for "classroom" for each session.

Maybe if Tuan wants - i can send him the sourcecode and he can then finish it up and package it for all of you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #36716 by Maligaspe
Replied by Maligaspe on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
Hi Anders

Many i know how much you asking for this modification ? because i need this to my web site too, let me know please

Regards
Hiru

More
10 years 6 months ago #36847 by faramade
Replied by faramade on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event -
I also want this feature, VERY IMPORTANT - if Tuan can implement it, we can all contribute some money to make it happen, I am sure if we compensate for his time it will be to everybody's advantage. in February I sponsored a location plugin which he delivered and has even improved on and we can also make this happen as a group.

More
10 years 6 months ago #36996 by faramade
Replied by faramade on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
Hi Tuan,
Did you now abandoned the feature or are you planning on finishing it. I am sure if you can there are many people willing to pay extra for just that feature even if it is sold as upgraded version of event booking this way, you pack more features into it and give people the opportunity to pay for what they want.

In the alternative, we can all come together and contribute money for you to finish the extentions.

More
10 years 6 months ago #36997 by faramade
Replied by faramade on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
Hi Tuan,
Did you now abandoned the feature or are you planning on finishing it. I am sure if you can there are many people willing to pay extra for just that feature even if it is sold as upgraded version of event booking this way, you pack more features into it and give people the opportunity to pay for what they want.

In the alternative, we can all come together and contribute money for you to finish the extentions.

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote:

Anders William Petersen wrote: Well the true story is that i commisioned Tuan (and JoomDonation) to change the EventBooking system into a CourseBooking system. that means that every course has one url and each course can then hold multiple "sessions". That was the core thing in the project.

i paid Tuan half the money upfront and was told he would get to work right away.

Now 7 months later i have been trying to get Tuan to deliver a finished product so many times and each time i've gotten a new excuse for why the project wasn't finished. And each time he promised that it would be finished "next thursday" ...

In the end i decided to hire a professional developer to make the system for me. And i now consider my payment to joomdonation lost.

If anyone would be interested i've now got a more-or-less fully functional coursebooking sytem with multiple dateranges(and not-ranges ... dates that are not side by side). It all works in Joomla.

I'm not writing this to make Tuan or Joomdonation look bad - This is just the bare naked truth of what happend.

Tuan - if you disagree with my post here you can either reply or delete my message. :-)

Hi Anders

No need for me to delete the post because most of everything you said here is true :). I just want to give some explanation here :

1. Yes. It is true that I have delayed your project. The reason I has explained to you : At the time, I had to spend most of my time to find a house for my family.

2. After I finished finding the house, I continued working on the project as promised. Then I updated it to your site and ask you to help me to test it. The reason is because I am open to your suggestions, the features I put into the work is more than what we discussed at the begining. Do you agree with that ?

3. From the last time we communicated, I haven't heard back from you. I understand your frustration, yes, because it has been delayed for long time.

4. Now, you are saying that you had to hire other developers to finish the work. Does it base on my work or he had to start working on it from scratch ? If he has to build it from scratch, I will discuss with my team and refund part of the money you paid me for doing the work. Will that be Ok ? (I am available on Skype now if you want to talk to me).

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 6 months ago #37002 by Anders William Petersen
Ok guys.

Ive got the multiple dateranges feature. If anyone knows how i can package it i would be willing to share it. My solution has also got custom fields per date-range, multi-date picker, room, teacher, location per daterange.

Let me know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maligaspe

More
10 years 6 months ago #37286 by Maligaspe
Replied by Maligaspe on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
Anders,

if you can it will great, Tuan please can you help us on this ? we requested you and willing to pay you this modification. let us know how much will cost you to make this modification and we will share.. Hope you can understand

Regards
Mali

More
10 years 6 months ago #37287 by Anders William Petersen
Well. This is an example of our coursebooking joomla component.

skillshouse.dk/Installing-and-Configurin...-Server-2012-70-410/

Its a bit more than multipe dateranges. it also features teacher, locations, rooms, and most importantly "custom fields per daterange" - this means that we can add a field for one daterange and not for another. so one daterange could have a note saying something like: "only a few seats left" or "this course is guarnteed to be held".

Well let me know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maligaspe

More
10 years 6 months ago #37291 by Anders William Petersen
i now see that i didnt really reply to you Tuan. No need for a refund. Maybe i can make use of your skills again sometime. No hard feelings from here at all...

More
10 years 4 months ago #39176 by simplwebs
Replied by simplwebs on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event

Maligaspe wrote: Anders,

if you can it will great, Tuan please can you help us on this ? we requested you and willing to pay you this modification. let us know how much will cost you to make this modification and we will share.. Hope you can understand

Regards
Mali

I second that. We really need multiple dates ranges per event feature.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc