Multiple date ranges per event

• Anders William Petersen
More
11 years 7 months ago #19220 by Anders William Petersen
Replied by Anders William Petersen on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
Any news on this one ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #19254 by Kieran
Replied by Kieran on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
I have a similar issue that would move me away from the software I am currently using. I have events that run on non-consecutive days. For example, a 5 day course which runs on the 4th and 5th November and then the 18th, 19th and 20th December. I would like to input the dates separately rather than a start and end date so that it doesn't look like the course is running for 7 weeks

More
11 years 6 months ago #19692 by François
Replied by François on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
+1
I'll add some difficulty
If a user registers to only one course : price1
for a given number of courses : price 2
for all the courses of the year : price 3

Example : for yoga courses (once a week along 9 monthes oer the year), 1 course is xx$, 5 courses are yy$ and all year subscription is zz$ (a mixt of eventbooking and subscription pro finally) :whistle:

More
11 years 3 months ago #23959 by Anders William Petersen
This is still a BIG wish for our company!

More
11 years 2 months ago #24113 by Bill Tozzo
Replied by Bill Tozzo on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
I too need multiple dates per a single event. I have many events that are two day events and run from 8:30 to 3:30 over the course of 2, - 5 days. We really need this add on!!

More
11 years 2 months ago #24166 by Anders William Petersen
This is my attempt to describe what people here are asking for (and what i'm asking for) - please correct me if i'm wrong.

We would like the "event" to be a static instance. That means that an event doesnt hold any dates, prices and so on as default (it could have price as an option - and the price would then be inherited downwards). The event only need customfields and the event-description.

For every event it should be popssible to attach multiple "sessions". A session is a range of dates/times that is not neccesarily after eachother. That means that a session, under an event, could look like this:

10/12-2013 (09:00 - 16:00)
12/12-2013 (17:00 - 21:00)
24/12-2013 (18:00 - 23:00)

Above is a "session". Every event can hold multiple sessions....

Every session should inherit the price from the event - but it should also be possible to set any single event to a special price (perhaps if the last seats on a seminar is up for a discounted price or so).

It would also be nice if every event could have attached a "Speaker" profile. I mean - in many cases its nice to see who's the keynote/teacher for this sessions. In my case i run the same course on a lot of different dates with many different instructors. This also means that a "instructor/keynote/speaker tab should be implemented where you can create the instructors who you later on attach to the sessions (or when you make new sessions).

Every session should also hold the "location" and most of the other fields we are used to having in the event view.

Tuan - i really hope you would consider making this :-)

Best regards

Anders

More
11 years 2 months ago #24169 by Bill Tozzo
Hello Anders:

I think your description is a bit confusing. I think that essentially all that most people need is for a single event to meet on multiple days and customers to pay one price. Such as paying for a college class, or 5 day camp for children. Here is an example:

EVENT:
Web Design Workshop

COST: $250.00

SCHEDULE:
1/24/13 8:30am - 3:30 pm
1/25/13 830am - 3:30 pm
1/31/13 8:30 am - 3:30 pm

etc, etc

Bill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rich Zumpone

More
11 years 2 months ago #24170 by Kieran
Replied by Kieran on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
Yes, I think I'm with you on this one Bill. An option to spread events over more than 1 non-consecutive date is the feature that is really required.

The keynote speaker is an interesting idea but is not connected and should have it's own request thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rich Zumpone

More
11 years 2 months ago #24171 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
I have 3 questions in this case :

1. Should we allows choosing different location for each date in the event ? (the event have different dates, we should allows adding unlimited dates but when adding a date, should we allow admin choose a location for that date) ? With each date (and location), there will be a corresponding price ?

2. When users view the event , we will list all dates (and location). Next to it, there should be a checkbox allows users to choose the dates they want to attend and registration price will be calculated based on what they choose ?

3. With this kind of event, I think we don't need group registration options ?

Please let me know your thought !

@Anders : I sent you some messages on Skype but it seems you were away. When you come back, please talk to me.

More
11 years 2 months ago #24173 by Bill Tozzo
TO ANSWER TUAN:

1. Should we allows choosing different location for each date in the event ? (the event have different dates, we should allows adding unlimited dates but when adding a date, should we allow admin choose a location for that date) ? With each date (and location), there will be a corresponding price ?

I think multiple locations may be a bit messy and not as necessary. I certainly do not require it nearly as much as multiple dates. But it would be a nice option.

For me no need for separate prices per location. Again, I think the important thing is to be able to have an event take place on multiple days for ONE PRICE. Just like a University Class or workshop.

2. When users view the event , we will list all dates (and location). Next to it, there should be a checkbox allows users to choose the dates they want to attend and registration price will be calculated based on what they choose ?

In my mind this is the same things as a repeated event which is already built. For my events, no attendee would come one day and not the other as they are a single event, like a college class. I think not necessary for now, but perhaps in the future.

3. With this kind of event, I think we don't need group registration options ?

For me absolutely. I have groups of teachers registering for two day workshops.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for your attention to this Tuan,

Bill

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc