Multiple date ranges per event

More
10 years 10 months ago #32243 by Nobs
Replied by Nobs on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
Hi,

this is a really much requested feature here. Great to read that you are working on it.
Maybe you can give us a short reply about the progress?

Thanks!

Nobs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oksana Dashwood

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Anders William Petersen
More
10 years 10 months ago #32247 by Anders William Petersen
Replied by Anders William Petersen on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
Well the true story is that i commisioned Tuan (and JoomDonation) to change the EventBooking system into a CourseBooking system. that means that every course has one url and each course can then hold multiple "sessions". That was the core thing in the project.

i paid Tuan half the money upfront and was told he would get to work right away.

Now 7 months later i have been trying to get Tuan to deliver a finished product so many times and each time i've gotten a new excuse for why the project wasn't finished. And each time he promised that it would be finished "next thursday" ...

In the end i decided to hire a professional developer to make the system for me. And i now consider my payment to joomdonation lost.

If anyone would be interested i've now got a more-or-less fully functional coursebooking sytem with multiple dateranges(and not-ranges ... dates that are not side by side). It all works in Joomla.

I'm not writing this to make Tuan or Joomdonation look bad - This is just the bare naked truth of what happend.

Tuan - if you disagree with my post here you can either reply or delete my message. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobs, Bill Tozzo

More
10 years 10 months ago #32250 by Nobs
Replied by Nobs on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
Hi Anders,

Thanks for getting back with this information.
Not really a good thing what happend here. I also requested a quote for this feature but never got one - if I hear your story, I should be happy about it. :)

Is your solution based on Eventbooking? Can I see it in action somewhere?

Thanks

Nobs

More
10 years 10 months ago #32253 by Bill Tozzo
Replied by Bill Tozzo on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
Yes, regrettably I had a similar experience to Anders. I am still looking for a software that offers courses that meet several times. Tuan ha salways been helpful over skype and if his software works for you out of the box I reccomend it. But, I would not ask for or use him for custom jobs. I think he is just too busy to handle anything and keep promises.

Bill

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 10 months ago #32255 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event

Anders William Petersen wrote: Well the true story is that i commisioned Tuan (and JoomDonation) to change the EventBooking system into a CourseBooking system. that means that every course has one url and each course can then hold multiple "sessions". That was the core thing in the project.

i paid Tuan half the money upfront and was told he would get to work right away.

Now 7 months later i have been trying to get Tuan to deliver a finished product so many times and each time i've gotten a new excuse for why the project wasn't finished. And each time he promised that it would be finished "next thursday" ...

In the end i decided to hire a professional developer to make the system for me. And i now consider my payment to joomdonation lost.

If anyone would be interested i've now got a more-or-less fully functional coursebooking sytem with multiple dateranges(and not-ranges ... dates that are not side by side). It all works in Joomla.

I'm not writing this to make Tuan or Joomdonation look bad - This is just the bare naked truth of what happend.

Tuan - if you disagree with my post here you can either reply or delete my message. :-)

Hi Anders

No need for me to delete the post because most of everything you said here is true :). I just want to give some explanation here :

1. Yes. It is true that I have delayed your project. The reason I has explained to you : At the time, I had to spend most of my time to find a house for my family.

2. After I finished finding the house, I continued working on the project as promised. Then I updated it to your site and ask you to help me to test it. The reason is because I am open to your suggestions, the features I put into the work is more than what we discussed at the begining. Do you agree with that ?

3. From the last time we communicated, I haven't heard back from you. I understand your frustration, yes, because it has been delayed for long time.

4. Now, you are saying that you had to hire other developers to finish the work. Does it base on my work or he had to start working on it from scratch ? If he has to build it from scratch, I will discuss with my team and refund part of the money you paid me for doing the work. Will that be Ok ? (I am available on Skype now if you want to talk to me).

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 10 months ago #32257 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event

Bill Tozzo wrote: Yes, regrettably I had a similar experience to Anders. I am still looking for a software that offers courses that meet several times. Tuan ha salways been helpful over skype and if his software works for you out of the box I reccomend it. But, I would not ask for or use him for custom jobs. I think he is just too busy to handle anything and keep promises.

Bill

You are correct, Bill. As I have to spend time to both support customers, improve products, developing new products, I almost have not many times to work on custom works. Recently, I usually ask for customers to find different developer for doing custom work. Only when customers could not find one, I will then only works for him.

Tuan

More
10 years 10 months ago #32261 by Anders William Petersen
Hi Tuan

i think you are right in most of what you write. The thing is just that you shouldn't accept work that you cannot finish.

when that is said i did not write my first post in order to ruin your business or make you look bad. I'm sure you work both night and day to get things working for you. The thing is just that you make people like me very frustrated. I waited SO long for the system and you kept delaying it. I would much rather if you had told me that you could not accept the task.

All the best for you and joomdonation!

More
10 years 10 months ago #32296 by Coert Bosker
Replied by Coert Bosker on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
Hi Guys,

So what is the status of this "custom" feature?

I am following this thread for a while now and i think there are a lot of Event booking users who want this feature.
Is it still in development? Will it be available as a add-on or is it a separate deployment? And when can we see something? Or do I need to keep my eyes open for other components with this function.

This thread is almost 2 years old, still active, and one of the most replied and viewed threads in this forum. Maybe a sign ;)

Event booker is great, but it will be :woohoo: with this feature/add-on!

Cheers,
Jeroen

Cheers,

Jeroen

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #32297 by Anders William Petersen
Well ... nothing really happened.

We've got half a system for multiple date ranges.

I've got a full system now - but i dont have the install-package for it. You can see it here:

skillshouse.dk/Cross-Platform-Apps-med-PhoneGap/

The site is in danish - but i guess you get the idea. One course with multiple sessions. Each with its own location, price, custom fields, instructor, dates and so on.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Anders William Petersen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coert Bosker

More
10 years 10 months ago #32299 by Coert Bosker
Replied by Coert Bosker on topic Re: Multiple date ranges per event
Hi Anders,

That is exactly what i am looking for! It lookes great!

Is this based on Event Booker or is this an other component for Joomla?

Cheers,

Jeroen

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc