• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #81623 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking 2.5.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 2.5.0. This release contains the following improvements:

1. Improve deposit payment system. This is the main task of this release. From now on, if you use deposit payment, registrant can now come back to your site to complete the remaining payment amount using online payment methods (instead of just paying the remaining due amount manually like in the old version):

- If registrants have account on your site, they can login, access to Registration History menu option to see the payment amount and process the complete payment
- If registrants don't have account on your site, you can :

+ Using the tag [DEPOSIT_PAYMENT_LINk] in confirmation email (which sent to registrants after they complete registration). Then when registrants want to complete payment, they can access to the link in the email to go to payment page and process the payment

+ You can publish and use the ebdepositreminder plugin. That plugin will send deposit payment reminder to registrants (the messages is configured in Events Booking -> Emails & Messages section). You can use the tag [DEPOSIT_PAYMENT_LINk] in the email message. When registrants receive reminder email, they can click on the link to go to payment page and process payment.

2. Improve backend add/edit item form (using tableless layout), make it consistent with Joomla core Form UI

3. Add an option to allow exclude certain categories in main calendar view of Events Booking

4. Allow using comma character in custom fields values/options (checkboxes, radio....). In older version, if you have comma character, custom field dependency won't work

5. Allow click on icon to checkin registrant from backend of your site (before, you need to click on the registration record to change status of registration record)

6. Fix add location problem (happens on some sites) causes by javascript conflict

If you want to use these improvements, please login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, see your order, download latest version from there and upgrade it to your site

Thanks for continue using our products and support our development

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #81627 by Robin Duckett
Replied by Robin Duckett on topic Events Booking 2.5.0 released
Thank you, Tuan. These look like good improvements. I was wondering why I was having trouble with the 'location' section.

More
7 years 11 months ago #81694 by jkosick
Replied by jkosick on topic Events Booking 2.5.0 released
Did this feature make it in this version? joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...ffernt-sections.html

More
7 years 10 months ago #81887 by palos
Replied by palos on topic Events Booking 2.5.0 released
6. Fix add location problem (happens on some sites) causes by javascript conflict
I still get empty Location Map until pressing e.g. F12 or zoom the browser window (chrome).
Whenever finally it shows the map the location is placed at the top left corner instead of the center.
:(

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #81895 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking 2.5.0 released
That's strange. Maybe you should submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site and the link to the page

I am going to ask my dev to look at it to see what's the reason of the error and get it sorted

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: palos

More
7 years 10 months ago #81920 by palos
Thanks Tuan,

Ticket submitted!

More
7 years 10 months ago #81938 by palos
Sang solved it, thanks! :)
(js conflict)

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #81943 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking 2.5.0 released
Thanks for confirming :)

Tuan

More
7 years 10 months ago #83129 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Events Booking 2.5.0 released

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Dear customers
1. Improve deposit payment system. This is the main task of this release. From now on, if you use deposit payment, registrant can now come back to your site to complete the remaining payment amount using online payment methods (instead of just paying the remaining due amount manually like in the old version):
- If registrants don't have account on your site, you can :
+ Using the tag [DEPOSIT_PAYMENT_LINk] in confirmation email (which sent to registrants after they complete registration). Then when registrants want to complete payment, they can access to the link in the email to go to payment page and process the payment
+ You can publish and use the ebdepositreminder plugin. That plugin will send deposit payment reminder to registrants (the messages is configured in Events Booking -> Emails & Messages section). You can use the tag [DEPOSIT_PAYMENT_LINk] in the email message. When registrants receive reminder email, they can click on the link to go to payment page and process payment.
Tuan

Hi Tuan,

I've just updated to 2.7.0 especially for the deposit payment updates. I have some questions/observations..
1) Apart from the automatic reminder (I'm using the plugin ebreminder), is there a way to manually send a remainder payment request, similar to the Resend Email buton?
2) How can I easily test the full deposit implementation from start to finish, I have booked a place using a deposit, and now want to see the reminder email, linked page and export file to ensure that the book keeping is going to be easy. Manual Reminder would be useful for this (see 1)
3) What exactly is the Number Registrants field, i.e. I have 106 registrants who may need to receive a reminder on a certain day. Is there a negative to setting this number to 106 from 15?
4) How often is the plugin check ran? Is it once daily?
5) Is there a way to disable deposit acceptance within a certain number of days of the start of the event. We don't accept any cash at the events, so it is vital that all payment is complete before the start of the event.
6) If I include a paragraph in the User Email Body about the deposit and include [DEPOSIT_PAYMENT_LINk], what will a person who has paid 100% see? I guess they'd be presented with the same page, but with a remaining amount due to 0? Can we get another message (like there are seperate ones for online and offline payments) so that the deposit link only appears for people who have paid a deposit only.
7) The exported CSV hasn't been improved so that you can easily see which users have paid fully, or simply paid their deposit. See joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...it-system.html#75697 for discussion on hoops needed to jump through in order to see what somebody has paid.
8) We envisage having to call customers who haven't paid the remainder in order to process the payment over the phone. Could you add functionality so that we can easily access the customers "pay remainder" page from the backend? I know we can create the link based on the registration number, but it'd be good to have a button to do this.

See joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...er-errors.html#83127 for some bugs discussion.

Your prompt response is appreciated.

Regards,
D
Regards

More
7 years 10 months ago #83199 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Events Booking 2.5.0 released

Donal Lyne wrote: 2) How can I easily test the full deposit implementation from start to finish, I have booked a place using a deposit, and now want to see the reminder email, linked page and export file to ensure that the book keeping is going to be easy. Manual Reminder would be useful for this (see 1)

Create a test plan in 4 days time. Register, pay deposit (use a coupon to save using real money?).
Set the plan up to require deposit at day -3.
Wait for reminder?

Donal Lyne wrote: 3) What exactly is the Number Registrants field, i.e. I have 106 registrants who may need to receive a reminder on a certain day. Is there a negative to setting this number to 106 from 15?

This sounds like its the mail server throttling "thing". Many servers, particularly those on shared hosting, limit the amount of email a server can send per hour to control spam risks. Your host should be able to tell you what you are throttled to. Mine throttles at 80mails per hour I think. If we go over that all email is black holed. We use AcyMailing. We have password resets etc so we would generally set Acy to have 40 mails per hour (it has big lists), EBooking to maybe 15 per hour and leave the remainder to the site for other 'stuff'.
EventBooking is using 60minute intervals. So 15 means 15 minutes every 60 minutes. It is triggered by access on your site, so if there is not much traffic it will be more than 60 minutes. If its too infrequent get a cron job to trigger it by calling the home page every hour.
To send 106 emails will therefore take 8 hours at that speed. If you increase the 15 to say 60 you will be done in 2 hours (provided your host allows that many emails!) - **BUT** beware - that will result in a loop of 60 emails to send before someone sees a page... 60 may be OK, 600 would maybe not be. Would be better if the code had the secret code function that exists in MembPro for those really big mailings.

Donal Lyne wrote: 4) How often is the plugin check ran? Is it once daily?

60 mins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donal