Same event differnt sections

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #77833 by jkosick
Same event differnt sections was created by jkosick
I have an annual event that is always the same. There is a max of 60 seats, but there are three sections to the event that can only have 20 seats each. I have made three separate events so that there are only 20 seats per event for this on annual event. Each section is based upon the attendee skill level. However we always have many who register for the wrong section every event.

Is there a way to have one event with a drop down field to pick the "skill level" and only allow a set number of seats? That way it will be almost impossible to register for the wrong event. If so can the export registrants be devided between the skill levels as iff it were separate events? Or organized into sections in the export?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #77848 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Same event differnt sections
You most certainly can do it with custom fields,[strike] if you add the plugin that Tuan posted in another discussion: See joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-general-discussion/51194-events-booking-registrant-price-and-categories.html#76007 and note that your custom field must start with "number_"[/strike]
Edit: Oops -- I wasn't thinking (too late at night -- you don't need the plugin for this. The plugin is only needed if you have a limited number of seats for the event and need to accept different classes/options of registration up-until all the seats are full (eg. useful for adult vs children pricing in a limited-seat venue) )

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by James Riley. Reason: as noted

More
8 years 1 month ago #77849 by James Riley
Create a custom field (I think list or radio would be best in your case), name it, enter values (eg. beginner / intermediate / advanced; 1 per line), and turn Quantity Field on. Then enter the max quantities for each of the values (20 / 20 / 20; 1 per line) for each value.

Ignore my previous mention of needing a plugin -- I was thinking (or not thinking as the case might be) of a different situation.

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jkosick

More
8 years 1 month ago #77854 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Same event differnt sections
Yes. The solution James mentioned above is correct. That's called custom field quantity feature in Events Booking (please read eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...ustom-field-quantity to understand how it works)

However, there is still one limitation which could not be addressed here. That's you can only export registrants of whole event, we don't have a way to allow you to filter registrants base on a custom field (and export these selected records). I guess you will have to find a way to sort these registrants from Excell base on the value of custom field, then process that exported data further

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: jkosick

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #77873 by jkosick
Replied by jkosick on topic Same event differnt sections
Awesome, thank you I will give that a shot.

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #77887 by jkosick
One issue I see is there is no way to know how many seats are left for each level. Can there be a way to show in the different values and capacity for each value? I think it would be frustrating for the user to go through all the trouble of trying to register when their skill level is not available. Also it hard for the admin to plan not knowing at a glance how many seats for each are left.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #77891 by James Riley
That would be a nice feature for quantity fields -- showing the number remaining. What do you think, @Tuan? Knowing that you know your extension inside-and-out, would that fairly easy to implement?

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by James Riley.

More
8 years 1 month ago #77919 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. That's easy to implement. Just a question about the text to display the remaining slots for each item. How should we display - call it ? Do you have any suggestions ?

Tuan

More
8 years 1 month ago #77920 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
5 tickets left, 5 items left, 5 slots left..... Not sure what's the best term to use for this case

Tuan

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #77947 by jkosick
How about a field to set term like the.qty. that way you can call it what ever you want. A Ticket, seat, or whatever.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc