EDocman is the leading document and files download manager extension for Joomla. Building on top of Joomla Access Control Level System (ACL) feature, Edocman gives you a very powerful, flexible permission system which you can use to control who can access, download, manage (edit, delete, publish, unpublish) your documents from both front-end and back-end of Joomla site.
|Last Updated Date||Feb 16, 2016|
EDocman allows you to organize your documents cross infinite Categories and Sub Categories.
EDocman allows you to put your files in a hierarchical directories.
Easily create a list of downloadable documents for your site users using the build-in list and table layouts.
EDOCman makes full use of the Joomla permission system. You do not need to set access permissions for each document and/or category. Access levels are inherited.
Allow import all documents from a folder/directory into EDocman just with one click. You are also able to upload files at once or upload remote files from a URL. The file uploader has a built-in drag and drop area.
Ability to send notification emails to administrator when new documents uploaded, and to users when private document is assigned to them.
Edocman can read and store content of PDF files, those content can be used in Edocman and Joomla Search tools.
Storing documents on Dropbox to reduce your hosting usage. And it's easy to connect Edocman with your Dropbox account.
Edocman supports direct download or sending download link to user . You are also able to collect User data before they can download documents
EDocman has a nice, clean, attractive theme with different layouts to display documents, categories in your system.
Intelligent Joomla core SEF router generate friendly urls without having to use any third party SEF extension, You can set meta data (meta keywords, meta description) for each category and document.
Edocman supports Joomla Multiple languages, and it has build in translation tool.
EDOCMAN provides the functionality to import data from DOCman extension.
A lot modules and plugins are included in Edocman package like Categories listing, Top list documents, Search module, Content Edocman link etc.
Edocman has feature to share document details through Social sites like Facebook, Twitter etc.
Each document can be assigned to one or different categories
You can control who can view Documents via access property of the document
You can control who can view Downloads, Edit, Delete, Publish, Unpublish the document
You can assign document to one (or several users) and only the selected users
Each document will be associated with uploaded file on create document form or choose from list of available files locally or remote server
Permission can be setup in Component Level, Category Level or Document Level
Permission of the component will be inherited from Joomla ACL
Permission of the category will be inherited from the component ACL Setting
Permission of the child-category will be inherited from it's parent category ACL Setting
Permission of the document will be inherited from the main category
Categories page to display list of categories (and sub-categories)
Category page to display list of documents of a category in different layouts
Support both twitter bootstrap 2 and twitter bootstrap 3.
Allowing you to see who downloaded your documents, user's IP, user's web browser, download date
Drag & Drop Upload
Third party storage supported like Dropbox ..
Top Hits Documents
Top Downloaded Documents
Indexer plugin allows indexing content of PDF documents and make it searchable
EDOCman content plugin
Build in translation function
Version 1.7.4 - Released on 16th February 2015
1. Slider module added
2. Migrate data from Docman to Edocman extension
3. Quick move button in Documents Management page
4. Jcomment plugin added
5. Add "Disable sending Notification with Assigned documents" option for plugin plug_edocman_notification.zip
Version 1.7.3 - Released on 6th January 2015
- Add document version
- Add document view url
- Add Dropbox integration plugin
- Add Modified date in Documents listing
- Reset Download logs after updating document
- Issue fixed: Tag searching
Version 1.7.2 - Released on 23th November 2015
1. Edit document at front-end: Allow user to select License
2. Show PDF Indexed content at document modification at Back-end
3. Allow administrator to re-index PDF documents
4. Default license at front-end
6. Fix security bugs at Front-end side
7. Add Module class suffix for Categories, Documents listing and Search modules
8. Add Joomla 3.x submenu style
9. Fix minor issue with ACL in Joomla Search plugin
Version 1.7.1 - Released on 26th October 2015
=========== Add =============
1. Documents Drag & Drop Ordering.
2. Content plugin - Edocman link
=========== Improve =============
1. ACL based on category settings
2. Categories listing module
3. Display save button if there is create permission
4. Store modified time on saving document
5. ACL based on category settings