• Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #82824 by Leon Treff
Deposit reminder errors was created by Leon Treff
Hello,
I enabled deposit reminder feature and get the following reminder e-mail:

Please access to http://localhost:80/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=payment®istrant_id=80&Itemid=326 to complete pay for your registration #80 of event test event 5. The amount you have to pay is 20,00€

1. The URL contains a wrong symbol and works only correctly with the URL prepared as follows:
http://localhost:80/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=payment&registrant_id=80&Itemid=326

2. The accessed page displays wrong contents that is the contrary of what is written in the e-mail, as one can see in the attached file:
The e-mail says that there remain 20,00 € to pay, whereas the displayed site page says that there are 7,00 € to pay, which is the deposit amount that was already paid.
When continuing when the payment process, the Paypal site shows 20,00 € to pay, which is the correct amount.

3. Also, from the attached file, one can see that the only payment method allowed to complete the payment is Paypal, but Offline payment is published too. Why not leave the choice of the payment method to the user in this situation?

Sincerely
Léon
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #82830 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Deposit reminder errors
Hi Leon

1=> I don't know why the URL contains that special character. Could you please setup your site to a live server so that I can check it?

2=> Seems it is a bug. I will check it when you setup your site to server

3=> For pay the remaining amount, we only allow online payment methods. We don't allow offline payment in this case because we think that when making payment for remaining amount, it doesn't make sense to use offline payment

Tuan

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #83127 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Deposit reminder errors

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi Leon

1=> I don't know why the URL contains that special character. Could you please setup your site to a live server so that I can check it?

2=> Seems it is a bug. I will check it when you setup your site to server
Tuan

1) I also get this problem. It seems to be because the URL is being constructed with an & instead of with an & amp ; (spaces added to prevent it being changed to the character) which would escape to an &. & reg is one of the character references which work without the semi-colon.
See stackoverflow.com/questions/15532252/why...e-bounding-semicolon
2) The page which a customer reaches when he follows the link also tells him that the deposit amount paid is due for payment on my server. The actual amount take from the credit card is correct, and is the remainder.
3) The "Deposit payment user email subject" message with the default message of "Payment for registration #[REGISTRATION_ID] confirmation" doesn't resolve the [REGISTRATION_ID] part in the subject line. The email.part is fine with the same tag.

I have disabled deposits for now, until the bugs are fixed, so I can't send you a link to test with. If we organise a time, I can reenable tomorrow for a short spell to allow you to test. I'm eager to get deposits live on my site as soon as possible.

Regards,
Donal
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Donal.

More
7 years 10 months ago #83380 by Roger D
Replied by Roger D on topic Deposit reminder errors
Anything comenof this, resolved?

More
7 years 10 months ago #83381 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Deposit reminder errors

Roger D wrote: Anything comenof this, resolved?

Hi Roger,

Tuan sent me a fix this morning, but I've been away from the computer for the day, so it'll be tomorrow evening before I get a chance to test it.

More
7 years 10 months ago #83384 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Deposit reminder errors
This fixes is also updated to download package on server. So if you want to use this fix, just download latest version and upgrade it to your site

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 10 months ago #83389 by Roger D
Replied by Roger D on topic Deposit reminder errors
Thank you both for the response.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc