• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #75697 by Donal
Deposit System was created by Donal
Hi,
we recently ran a series of events whereby customers could choose to pay a deposit up front. The current implementation of deposits is less than perfect.

Some major problems...
1) No way to complete the payment
2) Very difficult to know what a customer has paid based on the export of registrants from the back end. Nightmare for accounting.

Possible Solutions
1) Ideally, the administrator could send filtered customers (e.g. all customers with an outstanding balance) an email with a personalised link to complete the payment. This link should load up the event registration page, populated with the customer details, and showing the remainder to be paid, and allow the customer to pay with the normal payment options.

2) The registrants report currently has 2 fields which indicate what somebody has paid...
Payment Status: Paid / Pending
Deposit Amount: used to show that somebody has chosen to pay a deposit.
But with a deposit transaction, which shows Paid, then what exactly has been paid? The Deposit or the Total? How we manage it is by changing the Payment Status in the back end from Partial Payment to Full Payment. Unfortunately, the exported report doesn't differenciate between fully paid and only deposit paid.

This back end payment status is tied to the "Payment Status" column in the mySQL DB. 1 = Full Payment, 0 = Partial Payment
To decipher what has actually been paid, the Payment Status column needs to be referenced from the mySQL database.
Meanings:
Paid and 1 = Fully Paid (Whether transaction had a deposit or not)
Paid and 0 = Deposit only paid (Back end not yet changed from Partial to Full payment)
Pending = No payment made at all.

Could you please include a Due column to the registrants report which says how much exactly is currently due, using the info given above? The date of the completion payment should also be logged for accounting purposes.

Some other limitations which we encountered, but which are less important...
1) We need to be able to collect group information and use the shopping cart
2) A lot of our customers have paid a deposit, and forgotten to enter a sibling discount code. Event Booking offers no mechanism for retrospectively applying the discount code via the back end.
3) Discounts are confusing, and are costing us a lot of money. We offer a €10 sibling discount for the first sibling. We also offer two events for different age groups. If a customers speaks with us and tells us that they have a Junior and a Senior that they would like to book in, they need to complete 2 transactions and so we give them a voucher code for €10. If they then incorrectly book both kids into the Senior event, they get a €10 discount for both members, for a total of €20 (even if the voucher is configured as single use only). This has cost us a lot of money, and the coupons should have 1 more parameter - Apply Per User or Per Transaction?
4) It is currently impossible through the back end to move or cancel 1 member of a group, without moving or cancelling the whole group.

Your feedback on the above points would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #75724 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Deposit System
Hi

I am too busy here now as the new year holiday is coming, so I could not give a detailed answer.

1. Yes, I agree that deposit feature is less than perfect. It is just add-on feature which I implemented in the extension, not so many customers use it, so I haven't focus to improved it yet

2. I will check to see whether I can improve the csv export to make it more clear about deposit payment status. Will look at it after new year holiday (the holiday started after tomorrow and finished after next week)

3. It is nice to have an option to make the remaining payment. We will implement it in the future (note , we don't put it as high priority for now) so that someone can login, access to registration history to complete payment. Or in the confirmation email, we can include a link to

4. Collecting members information in case shopping cart is planned. It will be in the extension in the future. However, it is quite difficult, so we need 8 to 10 weeks to implement it (while working on other improvements in the future)

Just a quick feedback for now. Will look at it later when I less busy

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelamarienet, James Riley, Jonathan

More
8 years 1 month ago #77595 by angelamarienet
Replied by angelamarienet on topic Deposit System
We are in need of paying the remaining balance online with deposit feature also. Thanks Tuan!

More
8 years 1 month ago #77998 by Rebecca Haywood
Replied by Rebecca Haywood on topic Deposit System
Hello!
I am a newbie to your so-far-so-wonderful Events Booking extension - just purchased and installed today in fact!

I too need more functionality to the deposit feature as all of my paid events require a non-refundable deposit to register and then participants must pay the remaining balance in full by a certain date BEFORE THE EVENT (usually 3wks or so).
It seems that this is not yet possible - that participants will only be required to pay in full at the event? Is there a way to code this change in on my own? Or are there plans in the works?

And as others have noted - the more automation for us event managers and book keepers, the better.
Thanks Tuan! And thank you for including such thorough documentation on this ext. Love!

More
8 years 1 month ago #78693 by Jonathan
Replied by Jonathan on topic Deposit System
Tuan,

Can we get an update on the deposit feature functionality? I've got a client looking to do this and if it works, Events Booking would be the perfect match.

Thanks in advance, and as always, thank you for the wonderful extensions!

Jonathan

More
8 years 1 month ago #78694 by Roger D
Replied by Roger D on topic Deposit System
I too could really use ability to pay remaining deposit/balance online.

More
8 years 1 month ago #78712 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Deposit System
Hi

With the current structure of the extension, it is quite difficult to add support for it. I am thinking about integrating with a different extension (our Payment Form) to allow processing remaining payment....

Will try to think more about it. But please don't expect this feature available in the near future, you will need to wait for about 6 to 8 weeks to see it is supported, sorry

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79415 by John David
Replied by John David on topic Deposit System
Count me in for this feature.

More of my clients are looking for this functionality.

info@tkd-events.com

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79431 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Deposit System
Tuan

If the 'return to failed payment' type option appeared, I'd have thought payment of outstanding balance would make sense...

More
7 years 11 months ago #80842 by Jonathan
Replied by Jonathan on topic Deposit System
Tuan,

Just checking on this. I know there appears to be a pretty strong demand for an increased functionality of the Events Booking Deposit system. With that in mind, I'd be willing to pay a little extra to see this developed sooner rather than later.

Can you please let me know what your charge would be to get this implemented within another week or so? Like I said, I'd be willing to pay if you could get it implemented. If anyone else on here would be willing to throw in a little extra as well, I'm sure we could get enough to pay for the deposit functionality.

Please advise! I've got someone willing to do a new site with Events Booking, but the Deposit System is a must.

Thanks again, and name your price!

Jonathan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc