Deposit System

More
8 years 1 day ago #80843 by Roger D
Replied by Roger D on topic Deposit System
I'd be willing to pitch in to develop this. I'm assuming it's the ability to pay balance due online possibly within registration history and an email template to guide them there. Which will probably make some of us want an auto reminder x days prior to due date?

Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #81326 by ljenish
Replied by ljenish on topic Deposit System
I too will pay for increased functionality on the deposit feature, namely time restrictions.

Would like to be able to set a window for deposits.

For example, if an event is occurring June 1, 2016, new bookings within 30 days (May 1, 2016) of the event must pay full amount.

So, need deposit feature to turn off 30 days prior to the event.

Currently I have to updated each event manually which is remarkably slow.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

More
7 years 11 months ago #81376 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Deposit System
The complete deposit payment amount will be part of version 2.5.0. There is a customer sponsored for that development. If you want to help splitting the payment amount, please let me know so that I can get two of you communicate directly about it

For turn of deposit payment option based on time, I will think more about it and might add support for it in 2.5.1

Tuan

More
7 years 11 months ago #81395 by John David
Replied by John David on topic Deposit System
Do we know the cost?

I might be interested in splitting the cost of this, I could see some value in this but I would want to ensure that the registrant does not need to be a registered user.

info@tkd-events.com

More
7 years 11 months ago #81449 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi John

He suggested 300$ as the feature is very important for his project (and he needs it fast). However, I only charged 200$ for this development as it is useful for Events Booking

Basically, there are two ways to make remaining payment:

1. Access to Registration History

2. Or Add a link to registration confirmation email using the tag [DEPOSIT_PAYMENT_LINK] . Users can access to that link to complete the payment (get the link from the confirmation email)

I will prepare details instructions when it is offical release

Tuan

More
7 years 11 months ago #81479 by Jonathan
Replied by Jonathan on topic Deposit System
John David

I'm the one sponsoring this (and Tuan has been great!). Any help from you or anyone else who has expressed interest in this feature would be greatly appreciated!

Let me know if you're interested, and we'll see what we can figure out.

Thanks!

Jonathan

More
7 years 11 months ago #81499 by Andrea
Replied by Andrea on topic Deposit System
Hi Tuan and all, I would add to this 3ad also a couple considerations rgarding the deposit system.

The first one is that the registrants, in my case, are not Joomla users as well. So, the payments history or the links will not work. In general, these two features will be completed useless in case Events Booking is configured to not create a Joomla User when registering (like in my case).

An additional one is that also the invoices sent to the registrants are today, confusing. If you open the "registrants" panel from the backend and click on a registered person, and select "paid" to acknowledge that you have received the payment, the registrants will receive an invoice with "Paid" in it, and the total amount. This is confusing, since the person has not paid in full. So, also the invoicing system connected to the deposit needs revising, making sure to have the feature to send to registrants a partial payment ack (and the invoice thereof), and only on a second stage to send a confirmation for the full payment, and obviously a new version of the invoice with the full amount and the label "Paid in full".

Thanks!

AG

Visit my page! www.elementotango.it

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #81516 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Deposit System
Hi Tuan,

my opinion on this...
"1. Access to Registration History"
I do not require my clients to register, so this won't work for me.

"2. Or Add a link to registration confirmation email using the tag [DEPOSIT_PAYMENT_LINK] . Users can access to that link to complete the payment (get the link from the confirmation email)"
The registration confirmation email isn't a good option as the customer will receive this when they pay the desposit. Ideally, an option like the Reminder email should be configurable...
Number of days before the event to send the "request for final payment" emai. And it should also be possible to send a reminder "request for payment" email.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #81520 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Deposit System

Donal Lyne wrote: I do not require my clients to register, so this won't work for me.

Same here -- we try to reduce the steps for registrants.

Donal Lyne wrote: Ideally, an option like the Reminder email should be configurable... Number of days before the event to send the "request for final payment" emai. And it should also be possible to send a reminder "request for payment" email.

I use the deposit system for an upfront, non-refundable deposit. The balance can be paid either in advance (right now, only by phone, but I'm looking forward to the online option!) or upon arrival. That said, if there is an automated request for payment email, it would be great if there was a global, default message & "number of days before" option, but also a per-event-level config (just like other emails and messages).

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by James Riley.

More
7 years 11 months ago #81541 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
So maybe adding [DEPOSIT_PAYMENT_LINK] tag to the reminder email will be OK in this case? Or we need another reminder email ?

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc