Deposit System

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #81615 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Deposit System

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: So maybe adding [DEPOSIT_PAYMENT_LINK] tag to the reminder email will be OK in this case? Or we need another reminder email ?

I don't think the reminder email is sufficient for this.
1) It would get sent to all registrants (including those who have already paid), and obviously, as well as the link a request for payment would need to be included.
2) The "Remainder request email" needs a little more functionality that the Event reminder.
2.1) It should be possible to set the number of days before the event the email gets sent.
2.2) It should be possible to set a number of payment reminders, e.g. 1, 2 or 3
2.2.1) The text for each "payment reminder" should be individually configurable, e.g. with stronger language for the subsequent payment reminders. We don't handle payment at our events, so it is imperative that full payment is received before the event.
2.3) It should be possible to manually send a request for payment email, similar to the "resend email" button. This is for proactive customers who contact us to make payment before the configured "payment reminder" date.

For accounting purposes, it's vital that the remainder payment is easily linked to the original transaction, and that payment type and date is recorded. It should also be easy to distinguish between customers who have paid a deposit and those who have paid a deposit and the remainder.

Regards,
D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #81620 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Deposit System
Thanks Donal. That would be perfect implementation. However, for the time being, I am afraid of I could not implement it. For now, it can only:

1. Allow registrants to pay the remaining amount. (It is not possible to pay the remaining amount in different payments)

2. I will develop a plugin called Deposit payment reminder. For now. I think I will only allow sending one reminder. And in the email message, you can include the [DEPOSIT_PAYMENT_LINK] tag.

At least we now have a way to allow registrants to make payment for remaining payment amount. For further improvements, I will leave it to the future

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc