All questions about EDocman extension

IMPORTANT : All modifications package we have done

More
11 years 2 months ago #25395 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: IMPORTANT : All modifications package we have done
Thanks for reporting. At the moment, I am still on new year holiday en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_New_Year , so I have limited time for working. So if it is possible, I want to work on it when I come back to office on Monday. Will that be OK ?

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #25423 by agussol
No problem at all.
Happy new year Tuan.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #25490 by Christian Rojas
Replied by Christian Rojas on topic Re: IMPORTANT : All modifications package we have done
estimated agussol

I hope you can help me because the support of this product is too slow post an issue I have but so far I do not respond.

I used colocastes changes as creation date and insert agradesco you as it is very important to me.

Now I have some problem when displaying documents as table I have the option to download, So far, so perfect.

But the idea is that it leaves you see the icon image download, I would like to leave the icon for each document, such

1. - If I leave the word icon "doc" and click give me download the word document
2. - If I quit pdf icon "pdf" and click give me download the pdf document

I would greatly appreciate that you can help me

Note: I'm finishing up the translation component with your corrections pusistes into Spanish, where it publishes have it ready for you to download

thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Christian Rojas.

More
11 years 2 months ago #25501 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: IMPORTANT : All modifications package we have done
Hi Christian

I am sorry for slow response these days. The reasons is because I am on new year holiday at the moment. Will come back to office this afternoon and answer all your questions .

Tuan

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #26653 by agussol
Hello,

Sorry Christian, I did not understand your demand. Please open a new post for it.

Tuan, I saw your message on extensions.joomla.org , but once again, you respond partially to my demands, and modifications we have done.

Let me point them, once again, after 8 months.

-Allow only ASCII filenames (you can change that in admin configuration)

We need that, it's an option properly integrated into Edocman, nothing to do but integrate that new feature. Do you know, for instance that JCE have this option ? Don't you think people are using it ? So why people using Edocman won't need it ? This is exactly our case, so yes we need that, we integrated that, so please help us using your component updated and integrate this feature into your next update.
If people don't want to use it, they select "no", that's it.

-Using of Jifile to index content of documents (you may not integrate that modification as it is linked to an other component, and we have very put in evidence the code added added by commenting well)

Ok with that, don't integrate it, I get it, but people that are using Jfile got our point, I'm 100% sure of that, anyway...

-Date of creation of the document into edocman (which is different from the original date of creation of the file) Now you can show or not that date into detail of document, it is an option into administration.

Yeah, right, you integrated it into backoffice, we integrated into front office...That's our point, we have users in front end, they stay into frontend, so could you please also, as we've done, integrate the date creation of the document available on the front, please ?
You did not get the concept of the creation of a file, and the actual date of document.
Let say, I publish a document on 05/03/2013 , this document is called : list of teachers year 2014, the date of creation of the document into Edocman will be the current date of creation into database, but this is not relevant.
Why ? Because like this, using finder search native component of Joomla! you may retrieve documents with date range.

-Showing thumb into front or not (helping users not to make a mistake between sending a file or a thumb...)

I can't see that modification either, (and we are talking about front end again) it's better for our users to see only one field for uploading, it's about ergonomy, we, and other people would like to activate/deactivate that field.

-The files are moved from the hierarchical folder into correct place.

Didn't check that one, did you ?

-When you have a document associated to a file, if you upgrade it suppressing the old one. (1 file for 1 document)

Seems to be integrated, but I did not test on last version, have to do, did you ?

-Bulk import : problem with the same alias for all documents imported (!!!!!!!)

Do you get our point ? Did you integrate that one ??? Do you imagine ? 1000 uploaded files with same alias, what's the point of bulk import in that case ???

-Bulk import : if using Jifile, it index the content without having to edit it and save it.

Okay you don't use jfile, but, hey, do you get how powerfull this is ?

-Bulk Import : as if you use ASCII filenames, the document name should not contain the extension like .doc or .pdf . The file still have his proper extension, but the filename into edocman will not have it.

Well, maybe there should be other ways of doing, but I thought it was clean enough to be integrated.

By the way, the bug on last version, into bulk import is not solved. If you go into "category" field, you have <sup>category</sup> tag.
Not a big issue, but still there, I mean , how serious...

Also, could you explain the option "Fix breadcrumb issue" please ?

Once again, I don't want to seems rude, as your component improves, but please push it to the next level to make it pro.

If you have any questions, please ask.
If you need time, of course, take it, but integrate our devs because I can't maintain this code, we gave it to you to help everybody using your component, and you being payed for it, which is fair.
Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by agussol.

More
11 years 1 month ago #26654 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@agussol: For issue of Christian issue, he needs a custom modification, he contacted me for that modification and It was done. So no need to worry about it.

@For other comments: I will need to check it again and solve all the remaining "issues".

But before I do that, I want to spend time to finish few other features first (integrating RSS, tags feature into the extension). Will get back to your other points within next week.

Of course, I want to bring the extension to next level, but I need more time. Please understand that I have to handle other extensions as well.

Tuan

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #26752 by agussol
Well...Add all features you want, but if basics functionalities are not 100% working, it's just useless, harder to debug and it will bring you more maintenance answering on forums...so less time finally to code...

Moderators: Mr. Dam