All questions about EDocman extension

IMPORTANT : All modifications package we have done

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #16055 by agussol
Ok, here's the cumulative patch.
We made a mistake with some folder names, for instance "table" without the "s" (so tables is the correct directory name)

Please use this package.

Be carefull, the language string for the date is in fr_FR.ini file :
JGLOBAL_CREATED_DATE

So you need to add this if not created, and add it again if file is update by joomla! (as it is a native file)

Enjoy !

Attachment complete_patch.zip not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #16278 by franco
Ops.... attachment seems to be gone.

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #16369 by agussol
I will upload it on monday.

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #16397 by agussol
EDIT : this patch is for 1.0.5 ONLY ! (see next post for 1.1.0 patch)
Here it is :

File Attachment:

File Name: complete_patch.zip
File Size:53 KB

I don't know if all these modifications are included in v1.1.0 of Edocman, but should be...Maybe there's more ?
Thanks Tuan !
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by agussol.

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #16697 by agussol
Hello,

Here's the 1.1.0 full patch.
Tuan, you just integrate the modification "suppress a file associated to a document".

Here's what we've added :

-Allow only ASCII filenames (you can change that in admin configuration)
-Using of Jifile to index content of documents (you may not integrate that modification as it is linked to an other component, and we have very put in evidence the code added added by commenting well)
-Date of creation of the document into edocman (which is different from the original date of creation of the file) Now you can show or not that date into detail of document, it is an option into administration.
-Showing thumb into front or not (helping users not to make a mistake between sending a file or a thumb...)
-The files are moved from the hierarchical folder into correct place.
-When you have a document associated to a file, if you upgrade it suppressing the old one. (1 file for 1 document)
-Bulk import : problem with the same alias for all documents imported (!!!!!!!)
-Bulk import : if using Jifile, it index the content without having to edit it and save it.
-Bulk Import : as if you use ASCII filenames, the document name should not contain the extension like .doc or .pdf . The file still have his proper extension, but the filename into edocman will not have it.

PLEASE INTEGRATE THESE MODIFICATIONS, WE CAN'T MAINTAIN THIS FOR YOUR COMPONENT, AND IT'S REAL IMPROVMENT FREE FOR YOU !

File Attachment:

File Name: Edocman1.1...atch.zip
File Size:53 KB

Best regards ! :cheer:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: franco

More
11 years 9 months ago #16698 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: IMPORTANT : All modifications package we have done
Hi agussol

Thanks again for sharing the code. I will spend time next week to review all of the features again and will integrate them into the core download package .

Regards,

Tuan

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #25166 by agussol
Hello Tuan,

I just saw the 1.5 release. I was excited while I installed it on a test server.
I hope now this extension may upgrade by herself thru update extensions ?

I'm very disapointed that you did not include most of our improvements not even our bug corrections.

The bredcrumb problem is not solved.
By the way what a stupid option into configuration panel :
"correct the breadcrumb problem" yes / no.

7 months passed since my last post, I thought it was enough to integrate correctly our work.

I'm just speechless...
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by agussol.

More
11 years 2 months ago #25167 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: IMPORTANT : All modifications package we have done
Hi agussol

I am sorry. To be honest, I haven't had enough time to reviews all the changes you made and include it in the latest releases yet. However, as you can see, we have been working and made improvements to the extension (some of the improvements contains your works).

For other items, please give me more time to review and include it in the core download package.

Tuan

More
11 years 2 months ago #25189 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Do you have a Skype account? If you have one, I would like to talk to you directly on Skype to clear some points if it is possible :). At the moment, I am having new year holiday but I am still happy to talk to you to implement the necessary + important features which you suggested into the extension :). Let's move forward.

Tuan

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #25203 by agussol
Dear Tuan,

Thanks for your message, actually I don't use Skype, and to be honest, I'm too busy at the moment to discuss more but on forum.
But, all the discussion and needs are listed here :
joomdonation.com/74-edocman/25189-re-important-all-modifications-package-we-have-done/reply-to.html#16697

No more, no less. :whistle:

Ha, yes , I have found two more issues, tested on 1.5 :

- into bulk import , into the 2nd field (category) there's a tag <sup>name of cat</sup> surronding all categories.
-into frontend , if you click on breadcrumb while using edocman, you go back to the list of categories,but simple, iwith one column, but I did setup a 2 columns with intro text added.

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by agussol.

Moderators: Mr. Dam