All questions about EDocman extension

IMPORTANT : All modifications package we have done

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #15454 by agussol
Hello,

Here's an updated package of the modifications we have done. these modifications are based on last (1.0.6) even if the installer says it's 1.0.5 !!! ( Tuan, this not has been changed since we've reported this problem weeks ago... :dry: )
Please Tuan, integrate these in your next version (except maybe the plugin for Jifile that you proposed to integrate before ?)
We believe these options are essentials and help usability....

Here's the list :
-Delete the file while you delete the document (!!!)
Actually, you may delete the entry into Edocman, but the document stays on the server !!!

-Upload only ASCII named files (you can choose this as an option into configuration panel)
We don't want files named like "Héllo this is my m@il.pdf" It's boring for google, browsers, indexing etc...

-You may now modify the creation date of submited document, like this in Smart Finder you may find files within a date range !

-You may show or not the Description OR Short description. It's because we have added the indexing of pdf and doc etc... with Jifile, so showing the all document into the detail view is not an option. But the short description may be usefull, even if you can't index it into smart Finder.

-Auto indexing the document content at submission with Smart Finder (needs a cron for finder, or manually indexing) and Jifile component.

-Bug fix : The original_filename stays at NULL while uploading a document from the front office.

All these modifications are working on front and back office.

joomdonation.com/media/kunena/attachment..._Complet_Edocman.zip [/file]
Enjoy !

Here's the link of the Smart Finder for Edocman :
joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_ku...ew&catid=74&id=14696
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by agussol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #15643 by agussol
Hello Tuan,

Any chance that you integrate these in a 1.0.7 version ?
Thanks

More
11 years 11 months ago #15655 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: IMPORTANT : All modifications package we have done
Thanks agussol so much for contributing the modifications to EDocman. I will review all of the items (one by one) and will add it into the next release (1.0.6) if it is useful (I am sure it is, but need to check it myself, too) .

You can expect that most of the items you contributed will be in the next release .

Regards,

Tuan

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #15750 by agussol
Hello Tuan,

Here's an update package with these modifications :

1-We had a bug with Jifile, while a doc has been populated with bulk import, or if a document was updated : the content where not updated ! So it is corrected now : every time a document is edited it will reindex the content with Jifile.

2-We have added a configuration parameter to show/hide description of the document into categories view. (if you index the all content with Jifile of a pdf, the description is filled with the content of document, and it's not nice to have 10 pages of description for instance...)

3-Added on front upload, the current file (like in backend) it shows the name of the document as in backend.

We are working on a last modification, soon available:
While using hierarchical folders to store documents, if you change the path because you made a mistake, the file is not moved.

Best,

Nico
joomdonation.com/media/kunena/attachment...modif_sauvegarde.zip [/file]
Attachments:

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #15756 by agussol
Dear Tuan,
Ok for the hierarchical option, we saw that you used too many if / else, and declared multiple times the variables.
It will be cleaner and possible soon... :)

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #15793 by agussol
Okay, here are the new package :

-Now in hierarchical folder, while you delete a file, he's really deleted from the server.
-When you move the file from a directory to another, it moves also the file into the hierarchical folder AND IT CHECKS if the file is existing in the other directory, if yes, a random number is added to the file, so it's not erased !
-Also if you change the document type or a document (pdf to doc for instance) while reuploading the document is really synchronized.
1 document : 1 file.

Enjoy !
:laugh:
Attachments:

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #15850 by franco
Hi I'm a newbuy with Joomla! I've bought your extension and noted it does not delete the files on the server, so I've download your attachment to fix this but could you give me some clear instructions on how to update? I've downloaded Package Complet Edocman is that enought as I've seen there are other files in this topic?
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by franco.

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #15957 by agussol
Hello,

You need to take all the packages, in the order of posting and deploy them one by one, to be sure.
Just upload the unziped directory of each package, then it's done.

Enjoy !
The following user(s) said Thank You: franco

More
11 years 10 months ago #16021 by franco
Thanks a lot agussol it works fine now !!!
The only thing I could't find is how to translate in italian the term near the input date on the front end form wich says " JGLOBAL_CREATED_DATE " in " Data "
and " Category " in " Categoria " this last term curiously even if I've translated it still shows in english...

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #16033 by agussol
Hello,

@Franco , I need to double check, but it's in a language file for sure...

We made a new modification :
-The Alias of documents where NEVER CHANGED (!!) even if file was updated
-In Bulk Import, the same alias is used for ALL the documents
-The alias could be changed in front, but not in back ( so as it is corrected now, we've suppressed the alias in front)

Apply this patch on the other installed before.

Enjoy!

Attachment Package_alias_edocman.zip not found

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: franco

Moderators: Mr. Dam