Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Is MEMBERSHIP PRO the right solution for my purpose?

• Luca - Associazione Ferrari
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 weeks ago #150235 by Luca - Associazione Ferrari
Is MEMBERSHIP PRO the right solution for my purpose? was created by Luca - Associazione Ferrari
I did spend some time to study your documentation that is very well done, nevertheless i still have some doubt.

In my opinion is better to explain why i would like use Membership pro.

We are a sport club with several discipline. (ski, motorbike, tennis, soccer ecc.) The main club with a main President have to manage all discipline. Every single discipline have a single responsable. I would like the user to became a member doing a first registration to the main website and select only one discipline. The member information and privacy requests flags are the same for all discipline so, doing a first subscription, he is validated to access later to all other discipline.
When a user became a member he can choose to subscribe to another or more disciplines with annual subscription. Every discipline have a different period of start and expiration date.
The specific discipline responsable must be the admin and manage the data of only his discipline and follow only the management of members of this discipline. I think this can be managed with different user-groups (one per discipline).

In relation to the explanation above, is it possible to ask a subscription to the website using Membership PRO with only one discipline subscription? After this process the choosed discipline responsable can approve the user. The member, after approval, can enter into the website and choose some other subscription without fill again all his personal information. I need that in any case, every time, any subscription must be validated from a individual admin (independently of payment) related to the single discipline subscription.

Another matter, is it possibile to do a subscription that the member can decide the expiration date? we would like use this feature to permit the member to upload his medical certificate and write the expiration date. After the upload the responsable will check if the certificate and the inserted date is the same and correct.

Last question. The website will be fully new and i have to decide which joomla version to choose. In your opinion, is Joomla 4.x now stable and your Membership Pro is ready to work without bugs problems?

Many thanks for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #150238 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Is MEMBERSHIP PRO the right solution for my purpose?
Hi Luca

Honestly, your requirement is complicated (and not very clear to me), so I'm unsure if Membership Pro is suitable or not.

I think you will have to get a copy of Membership Pro to try to setup to see if it works. If it is, then all good. If not, we will refund the money of your purchase

That's the easiest way for this case

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luca - Associazione Ferrari

• Luca - Associazione Ferrari
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 weeks ago #150239 by Luca - Associazione Ferrari
Replied by Luca - Associazione Ferrari on topic Is MEMBERSHIP PRO the right solution for my purpose?
Ok, many thanks.
I'll do like you suggest.
Many thanks.
Luca

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #150246 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Is MEMBERSHIP PRO the right solution for my purpose?
OK. Thanks Luca. If you have any questions during the setup and configuration process, please don't hesitate to ask us

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luca - Associazione Ferrari

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #150283 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Is MEMBERSHIP PRO the right solution for my purpose?
Hi Luca

I think I understand a lot of what you are saying and would immediately say YES Membership Pro can do all of what you are wanting if you put the time in to work it out BUT please don't just use my words to decide if Membership Pro is for you or not. That must be your choice. For the amazing price of the extension I am sure your paid memberships from visitors to your site will cover the costs.

We have many members with multiple subscriptions running at the same time and expiring at different dates. Some might buy a yearly membership to one plan that renews yearly and also a 3 month plan on a different topic. Some may also grab a free membership of another topic to see if they like it.

Think of your sports being a different magazine each that you publish and people subscribe to different magazine to read depending on their interests.

One member is one member though and their personal details are only recorded once and if they sign up to a new subscription plan with you, they don't need to re-enter all that info again. For you as the administrators in the back end of your website, you can clearly see what one person has signed up for (EVER) and clearly see how many people have say signed up for your Soccer subscription too.

This product is amazing and very wide ranging with what it can do. You can upgrade from one plan to another if you want and you can also schedule content delivery based on each plan. So as an example if you have a whole lot of articiles to say coach a soccer team over 10 weeks. 1 article per week and say a welcome article. You can create a plan called 10 week soccer coaching plans and then preload a Welcome/Introduction article to be available as soon as that member signs up, It could be 4 articles that explains theory of soccer coaching, a welcome article and 2 other articles that details what you need to think about to coach as examples. Then you can load Week 1 soccer drills to auto-release 7 days after anyone signs up. Week 2 soccer drills to auto release 14 days after sign up, week 3, 21 days after sign up until all your articles are released each week over the first 10 weeks.

I hope that makes sense. This extension is so powerful I love what it can do. And when it can't do something you need, the support forum like this nearly always has someone who can help you (Tuan is a legend himself and is so good, helpful, kind and intelligent to us all HE is worth the price of the extension each year. The extension is just like him too. It can do nearly anything you can think of.

The only part above that you write that I don't would be good is the member adding their own expiry date. I wouldn't do it that way. I would make my subscription period set as I would want.

To get the medical certificate and expiry date from a person I think it would be better if you created 2 custom fields at the time of subscription that are mandatory fields for either that one plan or ALL plans a member might have.

You can create an upload file fields and define the type of files safe to upload. EG PDF, PNG, JPEG files that they have to upload. You can also add a date of expiry field that they must complete that matches the certificate expiry date - that way, once they upload the document proof, your admin team can see this file, save it and verify the expiry date of the document.

If you wanted to change their plan expiry date to match that date, your admin can amend their subscription end date to this and they will expire automatically when their date comes along.

Brilliantly Membership Pro also has actions of what Joomla access levels a person gets given or loses when their expiry date is reached

For example you can offer a membership plan that automatically adds that member to any number of Access Levels in joomla like Members, Medical Certificate Current, Soccer coaching drills etc

Then when their expiry date comes along Membership Pro can be told to automatically remove them from the Medical Certificate Current access level AND re-assign them to a level call Medical Certificate Expired instead. That way if you create an article saying Your Medical Certificate Has Expired and assign that article to this Access level, your members will see this article when they login to their account next time.

Sorry for the really long reply but I think Membership Pro can do pretty much everything you want it to as long as you are prepared to learn it. It is amazing, it really is and the support is even better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc, Luca - Associazione Ferrari

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam