• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #7737 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today
Hi

The purpose of having the Paypal account on Form management screen is that you can overridde the default Paypal account. Some customers need Form A go to Paypal account A. Form B go to Paypal account B and that's the purpose. If you don't enter the paypal account there, the default Paypal account (the one you entered on Payment Plugin) will be used .

Hope it is clear now .

In the download package, I made two folders : one for Joomla 1.5, and one for Joomla 1.6 . Don't want to make two seperated zip files because right now with my ordering system, each product can only have one file associated with it .

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #7738 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

It may be what you want it to do, but it's a terrible way to do things from a database perspective. Every record that you write into table pf_payments should be available on the Payments Management screen and exported. If it is not sucessfully paid or incomplete, then I will delete it, which will also clean up the table pf_field_values. You are making an interpretation based on what you think the user should do, and not allowing him to do what he thinks is right to do.

=> It is not database perspective, it is user experience . It is simple that if you don't get payment for the record, don't show it. Assume that someone went to your site, enter data into the form to test it without making payment, why should we show it and you will have to delete it manually ? It will take time for users to do unnecessary works .

Actually you didn't read what I said. I rewrote every single message and email subject on that page to see which (if any) of them worked. You provide the space to make changes, but I could not get any of the changes to register on screen or in the emails. The registration confirmation letter I sent to myself still had your contact information. By the way, you stress configuring the PayPal plugin but most of it is locked to your information.

=> I cannot say more about this. Do you mind spend some minutes on Skype with me ? I will setup a test site, make change and show you on my screen and prove that It works ? I confirm that It works. Many customers has asked me about the message, and then they can change it . Nothing wrong here .

ou do not seem to get it. It may work for you, but you are not a valid judge. Your users have to tell you if it is okay for them and does what they want. I can mess with this thing and sort of get the fields to publish/unpublish, require/unrequire but it's a process of trial and error. Perhaps they need to be set in a particular sequence. It seems to depend on core or non-core field. It is cumbersome and difficult. The way it is now is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. This is exactly why I stopped updating, every time the code gets altered something else happens and you never change version numbers so that I know if I am current or not. I'm probably one of the few people that can manipulate your data tables to get what I want.

=> I will spend sometime to update tutorial documents. There are some changes from verison 1.4 and I haven't updated the document yet. Will do it this week .

I am sorry but I cannot spend more time on this topic . Need to do other works and support other customers .

If you need to ask any other questions, I will answer it later today.

Regards,

Tuan

More
13 years 2 months ago #7739 by oldandfat
Replied by oldandfat on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today
Whenever you get the next round of fixes done I will try it out.

However, you should realize that most of this I have figured out by experience with my old, flawed 1.4. I know that I sent you extensive screen shots in hopes that the pictures would make more sense to you than the words.

I know that many of those isses still remain unaddressed.

You are not inspiring me with confidence that I should switch to 1.5, for now 1.4 does what I want within limitations. To truly get this product correct you are going to have to work with me on a point by point basis, including correcting the spelling and grammar and developing some reasonable documentation. The page titles and messages are a major sore point with me, the boxes are there to fill in but nothing happens. I do not envy you whatever Joomla 1.6 users will have to say about that part of it.

I am only willing to try this product in a place where I am not putting my live events at risk. I will be happy to give you those links so that you can try it out for yourself, as a registrant, rather than an application developer. Every time you see something that you do not agree with (which is only normal and to be expected) then you will be hitting the root causes of the problems. If I have not configured correctly then tell me what to change. In many cases I will say, "No, Tuan, this is what it needs to do", or perhaps - "that wasn't clear at all, we need to explain it better in the documentation."

You will have a better product in the end. Beware, I understand database theory extremely well. I will be looking at the data not only from the interfaces you provide but also the raw data. I should never have had to make so many changes and deletions to the data as I have to eliminate the garbage that was in there.

I am pretty sure that this will be faster and more efficient if we use regular POP3 email to send send screen shots and files back and forth - this forum is too cumbersome and casts us both in a bad light. I am eager to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Best regards, Dave

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #7740 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dave

I know that my tutorials are not good enough and It is outdated (some important changes to the extension has not updated to the tutorial documents yet). I will try my best to improve the tutorial soon .

You are not inspiring me with confidence that I should switch to 1.5, for now 1.4 does what I want within limitations. To truly get this product correct you are going to have to work with me on a point by point basis, including correcting the spelling and grammar and developing some reasonable documentation. The page titles and messages are a major sore point with me, the boxes are there to fill in but nothing happens. I do not envy you whatever Joomla 1.6 users will have to say about that part of it.

=> There might be some spelling errors (I am not a native english speaker) and suggestion to correct it / improve the products are always welcomed . For the two issues you are having :

- The page title : To be honest, I haven't thought about it when I develop the product. It is set to something Payment Form [FORM_TITLE] and you can change it via Translation function from back-end. I haven't thought about the setting in the menu item yet, will try to look at it and improve it .

- The messages : Again, I confirm that the change in the messages from configuration will affect the form. As you see, some change on form edit screen will override the setting in configuration . If you have Skype account, I am happy to show you how you can change it . I have many customers of this extension but none of them having issues with changing the messages .

You will have a better product in the end. Beware, I understand database theory extremely well. I will be looking at the data not only from the interfaces you provide but also the raw data. I should never have had to make so many changes and deletions to the data as I have to eliminate the garbage that was in there.

=> I know in the past you sent me extensive screenshots to explain the issues you are having with the extension. By mistake, I forgot to reply you (sometime, I am too busy) .

Now, If you still want to help me improve products (suggesting features, correct english grammars...), I would be very happy to work to improve the extension. We will probably communicating via emails, It is better than posting it in this forum . Or if you know there are any better tools for communicating, I am happy to listen to your suggestions .

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc