• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 6 months ago #4991 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Payment Form version 1.4 released today was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi all

Today, I just released the next version of Payment Form extension, version 1.4 . In this version :

1. Now, it is possible to assign a custom field to different forms . In the previous version, you can assign a custom field to only 1 form or all forms.

2. Now, it is possible to re-ordering all fields on the forms . In previous version, the custom fields are always placed after the core fields (first name, last name.....) . Now, you can place any fields on any positions in the form .

3. Two new layout includes in the release : 2 Columns, 2 Line and 2 Columns inline option. Now, you can have 3 layout options for the forms you created .

4. Improve the translation function so that you can find and edit any language string you want easily . You can also add new language item to language file from translation function of the extension .

4. The template for confirmation email and notification email is now placed in a template file so that if you want to change the layout for this email, you can simply modify this template file without having to hacking into core code .

5. Added a new custom field type : File Upload . So you can ask your users to attach any documents when they process payment via the form .

6. Improve user experience :

- Using tab index so that users can navigate between fields on the form using tab key on keyboard in the correct sequence .
- Add Apply, Save & New button on the edit custom field and edit form screen so that the process is easier for administrator .
- Auto remove special characters in custom fields name when admin create custom fields. That prevent some javascript bugs when creating new custom fields .

To upgrade to new version, you can simply download the latest version , uninstall the old version and install this new version on your site .

I will continue working hard to add more features to the extension. Please support my development by giving the extension a 5 stars rating and a nice review on the JED .

Thanks so much !

Ossolution Team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4994 by oldandfat
Replied by oldandfat on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today
Dear Tuan:

V1.4 sounds like something I need, I was going to ask for something similar in regard to custom fields on multiple forms. However:

1) I am concerned about the instructions to uninstall old and install new, will this not delete all my payments, my six active events, and my many custom fields?

2) You say to simply download the new version, but that will cost me another $18.86. I was under the impression that I was automatically entitled to upgrades, especially since I just paid for this on 9/8/10.

3) re: point no. 1, custom fields in my version can be assigned to all forms or one form only - are you now saying that they can be assigned to different forms individually without selecting "all"? (That was the feature I was going to ask for, as I have had to duplicate custom fields for each new form when I did not want the field on all forms.)

Dave

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 6 months ago #4995 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today
Hi Dave

I replied you via email. I copy and paste my email here in case other users has same questions :

Hi Dave

V1.4 sounds like something I need, I was going to ask for something similar in regard to custom fields on multiple forms. However:

1) I am concerned about the instructions to uninstall old and install new, will this not delete all my payments, my six active events, and my many custom fields?

Feel free to uninstall the old version and install that new version. No data is lost (configuration data, payment records, custom fields...) will be kept . The onlything you need to back up is that if you have modified language string, you need to back up language file .

2) You say to simply download the new version, but that will cost me another $18.86. I was under the impression that I was automatically entitled to upgrades, especially since I just paid for this on 9/8/10.

=> You will get free upgrade for lifetime . Let me know the username you are having on my site and I will assign the order to your account .

3) re: point no. 1, custom fields in my version can be assigned to all forms or one form only - are you now saying that they can be assigned to different forms individually without selecting "all"? (That was the feature I was going to ask for, as I have had to duplicate custom fields for each new form when I did not want the field on all forms.)

=> When you create a new custom fields, you can choose all forms you want it to be appeared, so there is no need to duplicate custom fields .

Thanks,

Tuan

More
13 years 6 months ago #4996 by oldandfat
Replied by oldandfat on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today
username oldandfat

Amazingly fast reply!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 6 months ago #4997 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dave

The extension was sent to you via email. Also, the order was assigned to your account, so you can download future releases of the extension by accessing to Your Orders menu item under user menu . (You can see that by going to homepage, look at the right of the page) .

Thanks,

Tuan

More
13 years 5 months ago #5960 by bouji
Hi Tuan,

I'm also having the same problem of obtaining the latest update.

my username: bouji

I hope you could help me too.

Thank you and more power,

Mike

More
13 years 4 months ago #6085 by oteywhiteweb
Replied by oteywhiteweb on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today
I can't download either. My username is oteywhiteweb

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 4 months ago #6096 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@oteywhiteweb and @Mike :

The orders were assigned to your accounts. You can now login to your account, access to Customer Area -> Order History to download latest version of the extension .

Thanks,

Tuan

More
13 years 2 months ago #7691 by rmesa4748
Replied by rmesa4748 on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today
Will version Payment Form 1.4 work with Joomla 1.6?

Thanks,
Robert

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #7692 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Robert

Payment Form version 1.4 doesn't work with Joomla 1.6 . However, version 1.6 which I released yesterday is compatible with Joomla 1.6 . If you purchased the extension before, simply login to your account, access to Customers Area -> Orders History to download the latest version (there are two folders in the package, one for Joomla 1.5 and one for Joomla 1.6 ).

Thanks,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc