Questions about Payment Form extension

Payment Form version 1.4 released today

More
13 years 2 months ago #7693 by rmesa4748
Replied by rmesa4748 on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today
Hi Tuan,

Thank you for the quick response. I can confirm Payment Form v.1.6 includes Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.6. Can't wait to test it!

Thanks again.... :)
Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #7694 by rmesa4748
Replied by rmesa4748 on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today
Hi Tuan,

Thank you for the quick response. I can confirm Payment Form v.1.6 includes Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.6. Can't wait to test it!

Thanks again.... :)
Robert

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #7695 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today
Thanks Robert !

If you see any issues, please post it in this forum so that I can check and fix it :) .

Regards,

Tuan

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #7701 by oldandfat
Replied by oldandfat on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today
To Tuan and other users of Payment Form:

I do not wish to be unduly critical of you, but I must state that we have not always been able to communicate in precise English and this language barrier has not made it easy to deal with Payment Form.

I have either downloaded or received by email from you at least three different versions of 'version 1.4' and there seems to be no more precise way to refer to specific versions, nor to identify in the Joomla control panel which version is being used. Aprroximately 10/13/2010 I submitted multiple screen shots detailing bugs in the program and recieved an email reply in which you said "Thanks so much for your help, Dave ! Today, I am busy with something and could not look at your email yet. But I saw that it describes very detail the problem + screenshot . I believe It will make my extension better and I will work on it for sure (on tommorrow) .

You should receive feedback from me on tommorrow regarding these issues ."

I have not received any response since that time other than posts to this forum. I have noted that more recent versions of 1.4 were available for download, but I have not downloaded them nor installed them because of the disruption to events I have in progress. My experience was that whenever I installed a new version, there were new bugs and I had to manually repair the database and recreate lost data. In the belief that I should stay with a stable and operational version of the program and not further disrupt my events I just stayed with the last version I installed.

In the interim I have noted many additional bugs:

1) The Payments Management screen does in fact allow you to view and edit individual records - however it does not display all the fields.

2) The Export Payments routine only exports payments in "paid" status and then does not export all of the fields.

3) At the point where I stopped downloading, PayPal payments were directed to the PayPal Sandbox rather than the live PayPal environment. I located the URL in the code and changed it back to PayPal. However when I tested it my $2 payment went to Tuan in Vietnam rather than the address designated in the configuration. (BTW you owe me $2). At that point I disabled the PayPal option.

4) After some research I was able to discover something called "phpMyAdmin" which allows direct access to maintain and export MySql tables. I was able to deduce your relational relationships, download the complete tables and repair, edit, and extract what I needed. I discovered that the database did not maintain referential integrity. At that point I deleted multiple invalid records from table xxx_pf_payments and about 30% of the records in table xxx_pf_field_value to re-establish referential integrity. I no longer use the export function.

I find the failure to respond as promised on 10/13/10 very disconcerting. I believe this is still a good product (and since it's pretty much the only one available that does what I need, I want it to work.) That being said, I can't experiment or adequately test it without disrupting my customers.

If any users have experienced similar issues, would like to try any of my approaches, or simply wish to converse with me directly - my contact information is listed below:

Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
www.scissortail.org
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by oldandfat.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #7703 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dave

I am sorry you are getting this issues . It seems you downloaded the extension long time ago and having this bugs . Let me explains something to you first :

1. From version 1.4 of the extension, there is a text under the bottom of the each screen within the extension state the version of the extension . The text will be something like that :

Payment Form version 1.5, Copyright (C) 2010 Ossolution Team

As you can see, you can easily see the version number of the extension .

2) The Payments Management screen does in fact allow you to view and edit individual records - however it does not display all the fields.

=> With the limitation of the width of the screen, the extension can only display basic fields : First Name, Last Name,..... If you want to view all the fields of the record, you need to click on the link to edit page to see all the information . Please note that you can create unlimited forms, each forms can have it's own set of custom fields. So there is no way for the extension to display all fields in payments management screen.

3) The Export Payments routine only exports payments in "paid" status and then does not export all of the fields.

=> Yes, that's how the extension supposes to work. Lets me explain the result . If someone try to process payment and when they are redirected to Paypal for processing payment and they don't process payment, there is no reasons to export the payment records which are unpaid . If an un-real users (who don't want to process payment, just want to try to access to the form for example) , enter the data into the form and stop payment at Paypal, if the system still export the records, you will get confuse by these un-real records .

3) At the point where I stopped downloading, PayPal payments were directed to the PayPal Sandbox rather than the live PayPal environment. I located the URL in the code and changed it back to PayPal. However when I tested it my $2 payment went to Tuan in Vietnam rather than the address designated in the configuration. (BTW you owe me $2). At that point I disabled the PayPal option.

=> I don't keep the old version. However, you can try to use the latest version . If this issue happens again, I can pay you any money you want . For the 2$ you paid, feel free to send me your Paypal email, I will send it back to you . Again, I can confirm that It is not an issue at all , I have never received report from client for any issues like that .

I find the failure to respond as promised on 10/13/10 very disconcerting. I believe this is still a good product (and since it's pretty much the only one available that does what I need, I want it to work.) That being said, I can't experiment or adequately test it without disrupting my customers.

=> That might be an issue with me. Because I am a busy developer, sometime, I received so many emails, tickets... and forgot to reply one. In this case, there are many ways to contact me, please :

1. Please try to email me, at least one more time .

2. Submit a support ticket to make sure you get supported .

3. The quickest way in case you need urgent support, I am available on Skype, YM, MSN or Gtalk .

Anyway, I assure that the extension works very well now . Please give it one more try and I am available to help you to set up everything to make it work as expected .

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon (BTW, I remember you now, you sent me serveral screenshots to explain the issue with an very old version of the extension ) .

Regards,

Tuan

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #7704 by oldandfat

I am sorry you are getting this issues . It seems you downloaded the extension long time ago and having this bugs . Let me explains something to you first :

1. From version 1.4 of the extension, there is a text under the bottom of the each screen within the extension state the version of the extension . The text will be something like that :

Payment Form version 1.5, Copyright (C) 2010 Ossolution Team

As you can see, you can easily see the version number of the extension .

I see that we are still having a communication problem. The version must change EVERY TIME that the code changes. It only says 1.4 or 1.5 - this is useless. It needs to say 1.5.1 or 1.5.1a - this must change whenever the code changes. You say I am using a very old version - of course I am, every time I installed a new one it created new problems.

2) The Payments Management screen does in fact allow you to view and edit individual records - however it does not display all the fields.

=> With the limitation of the width of the screen, the extension can only display basic fields : First Name, Last Name,..... If you want to view all the fields of the record, you need to click on the link to edit page to see all the information . Please note that you can create unlimited forms, each forms can have it's own set of custom fields. So there is no way for the extension to display all fields in payments management screen.

I think you are wrong. This has nothing to do with screen width. You could display any fields in use vertically. This edit form should look just like my on-screen form, however I have configured it. Also your answer is nonsense. If I click on the name or the Edit icon that is when I see the limited display (unless you have changed it in a later version) My version only displays basic fields (and not even all of them ... what happened to phone number?)

3) The Export Payments routine only exports payments in "paid" status and then does not export all of the fields.

=> Yes, that's how the extension supposes to work. Lets me explain the result . If someone try to process payment and when they are redirected to Paypal for processing payment and they don't process payment, there is no reasons to export the payment records which are unpaid . If an un-real users (who don't want to process payment, just want to try to access to the form for example) , enter the data into the form and stop payment at Paypal, if the system still export the records, you will get confuse by these un-real records .

You are wrong again. Offline payments only become paid payments when I receive them and post to the database. That means I cannot get a complete list of registrants so that I have a complete and accurate account. The unpaid records are not invalid, they are pending and will probably all become complete after time.

=> I don't keep the old version. However, you can try to use the latest version . If this issue happens again, I can pay you any money you want . For the 2$ you paid, feel free to send me your Paypal email, I will send it back to you . Again, I can confirm that It is not an issue at all , I have never received report from client for any issues like that .

How can you say it is not an issue when I tell you it is? Do I have to send you the code back to prove it to you? I have looked at the code and it says " www.paypal.com/sandbox ". You will never have a good product if you don't believe your customers or understand English.

=> That might be an issue with me. Because I am a busy developer, sometime, I received so many emails, tickets... and forgot to reply one. In this case, there are many ways to contact me, please :

1. Please try to email me, at least one more time .

2. Submit a support ticket to make sure you get supported .

3. The quickest way in case you need urgent support, I am available on Skype, YM, MSN or Gtalk .

"Might be an issue?". I sent you many, many screen shots of errors. I am answering here, publically, because that is how you answered me. You have my email address, I have yours. I don't expect that you will understand me any better by voice than you do in writing.

Anyway, I assure that the extension works very well now . Please give it one more try and I am available to help you to set up everything to make it work as expected .

I certainly hope it does for other users. I am busy with six different events in progress and hundreds of registrants. I will not risk the experiment you suggest, especially based on past experience. If I were a PHP programmer I would attempt to rewrite Payment Form to work correctly. I only posted this to let you know that I am still discovering major issues with your product - many of them related to switching versions.

Regards also,

Dave
oldandfat@cox.net
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by oldandfat.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #7710 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dave

I think you are wrong. This has nothing to do with screen width. You could display any fields in use vertically. This edit form should look just like my on-screen form, however I have configured it. Also your answer is nonsense. If I click on the name or the Edit icon that is when I see the limited display (unless you have changed it in a later version) My version only displays basic fields (and not even all of them ... what happened to phone number?)

I am sorry I misunderstood you before . I thought you are talking about payment management screen, but I see now you are talking about the edit screen. I can confirm with you that every fields are displayed in edit record screen .

How can you say it is not an issue when I tell you it is? Do I have to send you the code back to prove it to you? I have looked at the code and it says " www.paypal.com/sandbox ". You will never have a good product if you don't believe your customers or understand English.

You don't need to send me back the code . The best way to prove that the extension works well now is that we will setup a test site (I will setup it on my server to show you or you can setup it to your server).

You are wrong again. Offline payments only become paid payments when I receive them and post to the database. That means I cannot get a complete list of registrants so that I have a complete and accurate account. The unpaid records are not invalid, they are pending and will probably all become complete after time.

=> I confirm this issue with offline payment record. Will have it fixed within few minutes and update the code to server .

I certainly hope it does for other users. I am busy with six different events in progress and hundreds of registrants. I will not risk the experiment you suggest, especially based on past experience. If I were a PHP programmer I would attempt to rewrite Payment Form to work correctly. I only posted this to let you know that I am still discovering major issues with your product - many of them related to switching versions.

=> I am sorry you don't have time to upgrade the extension. If you don't do the upgrade, I have no way to prove to you that the extension works well .

If you have 30 minutes free, please let me know . I will setup a test site so that we can check it together.

Thanks,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #7711 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dave

Just a quick update : The issue with offline payment record in CSV export was fixed in the latest download package on server .

Thanks,

Tuan

More
13 years 2 months ago #7723 by oldandfat
Hello Tuan

I took some time to download the latest version of Payment Form and install it to an inprocess website, not my main site and within in the first two minutes have noticed several major issues.

The file "payment_form_unzip_first" does in fact unpack to produce two directories called Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.6. Since I am under Joomla 1.5.22 on this site I selected the 1.5 version and as shown in image pf2.jpg the first thing I noticed was that it says Payment Version 1.6. Again, you have to stop using these generic versions and give the users some handle. This should say 1.5.1 right now and when you fix this particular issue it should change to 1.5.2 - otherwise we must discuss which version 1.5.

Next I set up and event called 'primary event' and set the fee at 1.00 intending to test the issue with PayPal. In image pf3.jpg I have created a custom field and turned off one core field. The topics listed are "Configuration, Forms Management, Fields Management, Payments Management, Payments Plugins, and translation - I see no "Edit Fields" tab that you mentioned in earlier posts on this topic.

As I can only attach two images per post, I will continue this in a later post.

Dave

Attachment pf2.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
13 years 2 months ago #7724 by oldandfat
Tuan

It looks like Kunena is also flawed - last post should have had images 2 and 3, but only appears to have 2. I will send this one immediately with 1 and 4 and see what happens.

Dave

Attachment pf4.jpg not found

Attachments:

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc