Questions about Payment Form extension

Payment Form version 1.4 released today

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #7725 by oldandfat
Replied by oldandfat on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today
OK - Kunena only includes the second image - I will keep this up until you have all the images.

Attachment pf1.jpg not found

Attachment pf1-20110223.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by oldandfat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #7726 by oldandfat
continued

Attachment pf3.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
13 years 2 months ago #7727 by oldandfat
continued

Attachment pf5.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
13 years 2 months ago #7728 by oldandfat
last image - will resume narrative in next post

Attachment pf6.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #7729 by oldandfat
Tuan

Ok, now you have all the screen shots - sorry this is such a mess, but your Forum works about as well as Payment Form.

So I discused issues with pf2 and pf3, and note that I marked state not required on pf2 - I suppose I should have unchecked "publish" to get it off the form.

pf4 is my online form - which still calls itself "Payment for Primary Event" even thought I called the menu item "primary event form with Dave's title" and specified a page title of "changed page title". As I have stated before, you have no reason to completely disable what the user wants his page to say - this is dictatorial. I had also reversed the sequence of payments to put offline first ... that worked.

pf5 was the confirmation page - that looks good. I clicked process payment and a processing screen flashed by ... and in image pf6 you send me to PayPal Sandbox - not PayPal. This is NOT WORKING. Got it?

Also, since my PayPal payment couldn't grow through the sandbox.... I had no records in the payments section.

Went back and unpublished state in the fields... looked at the form... and guess what - it's still there!

By the way, I tried leaving the required address and city fields blank and it passed me right on to the confirmation ....

When I hit process payment I got:

Thanks for donating to our site .

Please send the offline payment ASAP to our bank account . Information of our bank account is as follow :

Tuan Pham Ngoc, Ngan Hang Ngoai Thuong Vietcombank, Account Number XXX045485467

We are looking forward to receiving your payment

That's interesting ... and I typed a new message into every one of the Primary Event message boxes, but the payment still goes to you.

When I went into Payments Management and clicked the Edit box, it did seem to have all the fields there... that's nice, something actually works.

I exported the file and even the unpaid records are there ... lovely but the comments field is missing.

When I look at table xxx_pf_payments I see both records, the offline and the PayPal, when I look in Payments Management I only see the one. I gather there are still database issues.

Tuan,

You assured me that this works "very well" and told me that the PayPal issue did not exist. My view is that this latest version is even more full of errors than the one I am now using. I think you should STOP sending out new versions until you have someone besides yourself test this is a beta format. You may indeed be a busy developer, but you are also a careless and sloppy developer.

You need to fix some of these problems and test it extensively and get some customer feedback. I also suggest that you need to report issues with this Forum to Kunena.

I'm sorry to be so harsh in these criticisms, but you need to take a serious look at the quality of your work. I may not be able to develop an application like this ... but I can certainly tell when it doesn't work properly. I have no reason to report any issues that aren't really problems. There are so many problems here that I hardly know where to start.

Yours truly, Dave
oldandfat@cox.net
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by oldandfat.

More
13 years 2 months ago #7730 by oldandfat
To everyone who may be viewing this topic before Tuan comes back online tomorrow:

I have been very severe in my criticisms of the latest rollout, but I am also convinced that it is a seriously flawed product - to the point that it is useless in it's current state.

Since Tuan is also a moderator here, it's possible that my comments will be deleted once he begins reading them.

Should my comments disappear - then you will have to decide whether you wish to buy any more of his products.

If any of you are current users of Payment Form under Joomla 1.5 or 1.6 I would suggest that you test these issues on your own system and volunteer to be a beta tester in the correction process.

Best regards,
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #7731 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today
Hi Dave

First of all, If you don't know how to use something, don't say that It doesn't work. Please ask me for support first .

pf5 was the confirmation page - that looks good. I clicked process payment and a processing screen flashed by ... and in image pf6 you send me to PayPal Sandbox - not PayPal. This is NOT WORKING. Got it?

=> You need to set up your Paypal payment plugin to Live mode first. How to do that ? Go to Payment Form -> Payment Plugins, edit the os_paypal payment plugin, set it to Live Mode . Of course, you need to enter your own paypal account, too (looks at the attached screenshot for more detail) .
Attachments:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #7732 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Payment Form version 1.4 released today

Also, since my PayPal payment couldn't grow through the sandbox.... I had no records in the payments section.

=> As I said, the payment record only shows in Payment Management Screen after you complete payment. In this case, you didn't make payment, so the record is not displayed in the back-end, that's normal .

When I hit process payment I got:
Thanks for donating to our site .

Please send the offline payment ASAP to our bank account . Information of our bank account is as follow :

Tuan Pham Ngoc, Ngan Hang Ngoai Thuong Vietcombank, Account Number XXX045485467

We are looking forward to receiving your payment

That's interesting ... and I typed a new message into every one of the Primary Event message boxes, but the payment still goes to you.

When I went into Payments Management and clicked the Edit box, it did seem to have all the fields there... that's nice, something actually works.

I exported the file and even the unpaid records are there ... lovely but the comments field is missing.

=> Actually, you didn't look at the configuration page very carefully . That's just a sample message which I created for demo purpose. To change it, you can go to Payment Form -> Configuration, looks at Messages tab, looks at User email body (offline payment) and Thank you message (offline payment), you can see and change the message there . Payment Form is very flexible ! I also suggest that you please look at all the config options in case you want t change it .

=> Yes, confirmed. Sorry about it, will have it fixed shortly .

When I look at table xxx_pf_payments I see both records, the offline and the PayPal, when I look in Payments Management I only see the one. I gather there are still database issues.

=> As I said, the paypal payment record only be available if you paid for it. If it is not paid, then it will not be showed/exported.

I will aslo discuss something about how to make one fields show/hide, requires/not requires here :

As you can see, there are two types of custom fields here : core fields, and none core fields (core fields are basic fields such as first name, last name,...... None core fields are the custom fields which you created later .

- The core fields are used by all the forms and they are showed in Payment Management screen. To make it show/hide, requires/not requires, you need to edit the form, look at Fields settings tab and change the settings. Please note that if you change the settings in the Configuration, the change only affect the new forms. For the forms which you created before the change takes place, you will need to edit the form to change the setting. I hope my explanation is clear to you now .

- For the none core fields, you can simply change it in Fields management section .

With my above comments, I hope you can have a look at it again, then do one more test. As I said, IT WORKS .

If you have anything you don't understand, please ask me first before saying It doesn't work .

Thanks,

Tuan

More
13 years 2 months ago #7735 by oldandfat
admin wrote:

Hi Dave

First of all, If you don't know how to use something, don't say that It doesn't work. Please ask me for support first .

=> You need to set up your Paypal payment plugin to Live mode first. How to do that ? Go to Payment Form -> Payment Plugins, edit the os_paypal payment plugin, set it to Live Mode . Of course, you need to enter your own paypal account, too (looks at the attached screenshot for more detail) .

I would not need to seek support if you provided documentation. Within Forms Management and when you click on the form and select the Basic Information tab there is a box marked "Pay Pal Account" and with the words "Leave it empty to use the PayPal Account set in the Configuration area. By that way you still have "payemnt" still misspelled a couple of lines down. You apparently mean that you have to configure the PayPal plugin in the Payments Plugins to set it to Live Mode rather than test mode. There is a PayPal Email box on this page - am I supposed to guess which one determines where the payment actually goes? I admit that I didn't find the live/test button where you hid it - but you didn't think that might be this issue when I kept getting sent to the sandbox.

I would suggest a couple of things. First separate the Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.6 versions into individual downloads, this will be much easier on your users. Second, start calling version 1.5 as 1.5.001 and 1.6 as 1.6.001 and make this appear on the screen where you now say 1.6 for both. Create documentation and make that part of the download so people know how to configure the product. The documentation should also say 1.5.001 or 1.6.001. I will help you debug 1.5, but not 1.6, someone else will have to do that. I think you will end up with different numbered versions depending on how many errors are found. Each time you make a correction change the version number 1.5.002, 1.5.003 etc. - this is the only way we will be able to keep this untangled.

You have a bad habit of being imprecise about telling your users where to look - like saying Configuration when it's Payments Plugins. Each of these little details will have to be ironed out. You have 14 core fields on the Fields management tab, yet when you go to Form, Fields Management, there are only 11. It's always a guessing game how to set required and published fields when the core ones are controlled by the Form and the calculated ones are controlled by Field Management.

On to the next topic ...

More
13 years 2 months ago #7736 by oldandfat

=> As I said, the payment record only shows in Payment Management Screen after you complete payment. In this case, you didn't make payment, so the record is not displayed in the back-end, that's normal .

It may be what you want it to do, but it's a terrible way to do things from a database perspective. Every record that you write into table pf_payments should be available on the Payments Management screen and exported. If it is not sucessfully paid or incomplete, then I will delete it, which will also clean up the table pf_field_values. You are making an interpretation based on what you think the user should do, and not allowing him to do what he thinks is right to do.

Actually, you didn't look at the configuration page very carefully . That's just a sample message which I created for demo purpose. To change it, you can go to Payment Form -> Configuration, looks at Messages tab, looks at User email body (offline payment) and Thank you message (offline payment), you can see and change the message there . Payment Form is very flexible ! I also suggest that you please look at all the config options in case you want t change it .

Actually you didn't read what I said. I rewrote every single message and email subject on that page to see which (if any) of them worked. You provide the space to make changes, but I could not get any of the changes to register on screen or in the emails. The registration confirmation letter I sent to myself still had your contact information. By the way, you stress configuring the PayPal plugin but most of it is locked to your information.

With my above comments, I hope you can have a look at it again, then do one more test. As I said, IT WORKS .

If you have anything you don't understand, please ask me first before saying It doesn't work .

You do not seem to get it. It may work for you, but you are not a valid judge. Your users have to tell you if it is okay for them and does what they want. I can mess with this thing and sort of get the fields to publish/unpublish, require/unrequire but it's a process of trial and error. Perhaps they need to be set in a particular sequence. It seems to depend on core or non-core field. It is cumbersome and difficult. The way it is now is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. This is exactly why I stopped updating, every time the code gets altered something else happens and you never change version numbers so that I know if I am current or not. I'm probably one of the few people that can manipulate your data tables to get what I want.

Next topic ....

Thanks,

Tuan[/quote]

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc