14th June 2018 - New version 2.5.9

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #114378 by Mr. Dam
14th June 2018 - New version 2.5.9 was created by Mr. Dam
The OS Services Booking developer team are proud to announce the release of OS Services Booking 2.5.8. This is a tenth release for the 2.5.x series of OS Services Booking and addresses issues introduced in previous version.

What's new in OS Services Booking 2.5.9

1. GDPR support
GDPR is now supported in OS Services Booking (from version 2.5.9). If you run a website require compatible with this rule, You can go to OS Services Booking -> Configuration, look at Privacy Policy (GDPR) Settings section, change the necessary settings to have OS Services Booking compatible with that requirement:
1. Show Privacy Policy Checkbox: Set to Yes
2. You can create a Privacy Policy Article and select that article for Privacy Policy Article setting

In Checkout form, customer must agree with Privacy Policy before they can submit the Checkout form.

2. Paypal IPN improvement
OS Services Booking is now compatible with PayPal IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS which is required from June 2018. So if you receive email from PayPal about this requirement, you need to:
1. Update your site to latest version of OS Services Booking
2. Go to OS Services Booking -> Payment Plugins, click on os_paypal payment plugin to edit, set Use new PayPal IPN verification parameter to Yes

After that, OS Services Booking on your site will be compatible with this requirement from PayPal

3. Support Bootstrap 4
From version 2.5.9, OS Services Booking will support Bootstrap 4, it means you can use OS Services Booking on Bootstrap 4 template. Joomla 4 will be released soon and uses Bootstrap 4 as default stylesheet library. So this can be considered as a preparation for the future, as OS Services Booking should be compatible with Joomla 4.

4. Send invoice to administrator
In previous versions, invoices can only be sent to customers but from this version, you are able to configure to send invoice to administrator.

5. Custom CSS
Now, you are able to enter Custom CSS for OS Services Booking version, those work won't be overridden when you install newer OS Services Booking version. To enter Custom CSS, please go to OS Services Booking Configuration > Tab: Custom CSS

6. Improve layout issues
In previous versions, OS Services Booking has some error in different Joomla templates or Bootstrap versions. We already tried to correct those issues to make layout of OS Services Booking become better in this version.

7. Some minor issues fixed
  • Filter keyword in categories listing
  • Coupon code
  • Prepaid payment plugin
  • Captcha by pass with logged user

There are many improvements in OS Services Booking 2.5.9, please update your site to this latest version of the extension to have most stable version running on your site and use these new improvements.

Thanks for continue using our product and support our development

Regards,
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #114432 by Pär Emanuelsson
Replied by Pär Emanuelsson on topic 14th June 2018 - New version 2.5.9
I could not update to new version.

When trying to install update with the joomla extension mgr I got Failed to download package, Download and install manually from
www.joomdonation.com/index.php?option=co...kage&document_id=131

When trying to access that URL I got Invalid domain error.

I have changed PHP settings according to documentation.

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #114434 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic 14th June 2018 - New version 2.5.9
Hi,
Have you registered a Download ID from: www.joomdonation.com/my-downloads.html and enter it into OS Services Booking Configuration.
And you need to publish Joomla installer plugin: OS Services Booking Update package also
Thanks
Dam

More
5 years 10 months ago #114436 by Pär Emanuelsson
Replied by Pär Emanuelsson on topic 14th June 2018 - New version 2.5.9
Now I have generated a downlad id and it is marked as registered. I have also entered it into Configuration and saved.

What do you mean by publish Joomla Installer plugin?

I use the standard upgrade installer accessed by Joomla menu Extensions Manage Upgrade - It shows the OS Servces Booking Update Package..

is that the right choice? I use that for all other updates.

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #114462 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
It's better if you can submit ticket and send your site url with super admin account. I will check the issue for you.
Thanks
Dam

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #114971 by Michal Ciesla
Replied by Michal Ciesla on topic 14th June 2018 - New version 2.5.9
I think that, custom css not working, at least for me. Which folder the custom.css is save?

Edit.
I found bug. It is cookie :)
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Michal Ciesla.

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #114977 by Mr. Dam
Hi Michal,
OK, the custom css file is placed in: root > media > com_osservicesbooking > assets > css folder
Thanks
Dam