12th May 2020 - New version 2.9.0

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 11 months ago #134311 by Mr. Dam
12th May 2020 - New version 2.9.0 was created by Mr. Dam
The OS Services Booking developer team are proud to announce the release of OS Services Booking 2.9.0. This is a first release for the 2.9.x series of OS Services Booking and addresses issues introduced in previous versions.

What's new in OS Services Booking 2.9.0

1. Add option to limit one timeslot per order
In previous version, this feature was only applied to Logged users only, but from version 2.9.0, this feature can be applied to all customers.

You just need enable configure option: Limit one timeslot per order

2. Improve feature "Discount by number slots added" of Custom timeslots services
This feature is available in Custom Timeslots Services, but it only provided the discount based number seats in one "Add to cart" session. The cost of existing timelosts in cart won't have discount. But from this version, we already improved this feature to add discount to all booked timeslots in cart.

3. Improve feature "Max Seats can book" of Custom timeslots services
Like above point, in previous versions, this feature was only applied to number seats are added per "Add to cart" session, so instead off adding too much seats per "Add to cart" session, customers still can add many timeslots by using more "Add to cart" sessions with a smaller number of seats. But from this version, OS Services Booking will check the number seats added to make sure total added seats won't exceeded the number of seats allowed.

4. Improve Deposit feature to add Flat rate amount
From this version, besides calculating the deposit amount based on a percentage of the total amount, you can setup the flat rate prepaid amount based on total amount. You can set different price ranges along with the corresponding prepayments of those amounts, so when the total amount of a booking is in specific price range, customers will need to pay the corresponding deposit flat rate amount.

5. Add PayU Payment gateway

This payment plugin can be used with users in Poland.

6. Add configure option to change background color of Booked timeslots
In previous versions, the background of booked timeslots are Pink. We have received a lot of complains from customers about this point. So that, we add new configure option in Layout Setting to allow you to change background color of booked timeslots.

7. Improve Employee emails
From this version, in email to employees (both content and subject), you can add tag {Employee}, and this tag will be replaced by Name of employee.

8. Improve Venues, Services, Categories listing to add parameter: Intro text
When you setup menu to layouts:
  • Venues listing
  • Categories listing
  • Services listing
  • Employees listing
  • All item listing
In menu parameters form, tab: Basic Setting, you can enter intro text, and this text will be shown at top of listing page.

9. Add OSB Cleaner plugin to remove Pending orders after a time period
This plugin check and remove orders which using online payment method but customers don't make payment.

10. Fix issue when user cancel the orders, the timeslots aren't be able to book
In previous versions, when user cancel the orders, the booked timeslots of those orders aren't released, and they can't be booked by different customers. This issue is fixed in this OS Services Booking version.

Thank you
Joom Donation Dev team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #134843 by Peter Kacala
Replied by Peter Kacala on topic 12th May 2020 - New version 2.9.0
Is there any documentation on how to install updates? I cant seem to find any. I have tried the following:

Through joomla update: Error connecting to the server: 403
Upload & Install Joomla Extension: Copy file failed Package Update: There was an error installing an extension: com_osservicesbooking.zip
Install from URL: joomdonation.com/my-downloads/os-service...html?order_id=252981 - Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file. Error - Unable to find install package

Thanks

More
3 years 10 months ago #134876 by andinacom
Replied by andinacom on topic 12th May 2020 - New version 2.9.0
Hi, I purchased the component and I am very satisfied. Only I would need one more function.
How can I limit 1 slot for customer for day? I found the "Limit one timeslot per order" option interesting, but I saw that the customer can make a new order and buy another slot of the same service.
Thank's a lot, Alex

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 10 months ago #134900 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic 12th May 2020 - New version 2.9.0
Hi Peter,
To update extension from Backend side, you should follow below steps:
1. Register a Download ID from: www.joomdonation.com/download-ids.html and enter it in Configuration page
2. Publish the Joomla Installer plugin: OS Services Booking Update package.
After that, you will able to update extension from Backend side.
Thanks
Dam

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 10 months ago #134901 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic 12th May 2020 - New version 2.9.0
Hi Alex,
Yes, currently, OS Services Booking only has feature to limit one timeslot per order. So that, user can make different booking requests and each booking will contain one order item
Thanks
Dam

More
3 years 10 months ago #135313 by wedevlops
Replied by wedevlops on topic 12th May 2020 - New version 2.9.0
Hi Mr. Dam,

the paypal for services is not working. On the dashboard i leave empty on paypal but i have paypal on services but paypal has error. I sent you the email as well on the screenshot of the error.