Categories

• aliasthump
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #45547 by aliasthump
Categories was created by aliasthump
Your Component has four optional pages to view and to assign to a menu - Categories, Order History, Service Booking, Employee Appointments. I created a menu set and assign each of those pages to the menu. I created a menu module and assigned that menu group to that "module" - which is assign to certain members and place on the right module position.

I created a "special" template (page design) for those menu items which has a "header" module position and a "Right Side" module position (as well as the main center position where your booking system goes). The Header module position is at the top of the page and that is where I placed a graphic that describes the "purpose" of that page. In this case it is "BOOKING". The "right side" Module position is where I decided I wanted to put my Memu groups for navigation. One for basic navigation (to get back home) and one set for navigating the "Booking" system - the menu set mentioned above.

Each "template" I create for the site can be assign to different pages in the site through the Template Manager. The template manager is where I assign the template to any menu item or group I want. This is the only way to set that temple to a page. Otherwise a page will get the DEFAULT template, which is determined in the Template Manager.

I assigned my BOOKING template to the BOOKING menu (menu group described at the top of this email). If I choose any of the pages in that menu group, I get the "page design" I assigned to it with the top Header and the right side Menu Groups.

If I select the Categories menu item, it takes me to the Categories page. There I have a HEADER titled BOOKING and some menu groups on the right site. One being the HOME group to get back to the first page and one being the group described above.

On the "Categories" page I see all the categories I created, each having a set of services to choose in that category (BTW there is only one "employee")

When I click on a Category, it takes me to all the services in that category only. THAT PAGE is assign to the DEFAULT template, not the template I created for Booking. It has the wrong background, the wrong header, no side menus. Once you enter that page, you can't go anywhere. There are no menus. Nothing but Service booking.

How do I control the template choice for that page. Where do I select that page to add Modules to... any position I choose.

BTW... When you create a module, you have to select a positions and select what "menu group/item" (page) that module will show up at. That page that comes up when I select a Category does not show up in the MODULE MENU ASSIGNMENT groups. How do I select the page that comes up when I select a Category. FYI... When I select a category and go to the services in that category, it's not the same page as if I select "Service Booking" in the menu group. The Service Booking page looks fine, I can choose it in the Template Manager and in the Module Menu Assignment. This page shows ALL services in ALL categories.

My quick fix was to change the DEFAULT template to my Booking template and assign the rest of the site manually.

This fixes the LOOK but not that "Module Positions". I can't assign any Modules to those pages so there are no menus to go anywhere from there and I don't get my BOOKING title. All there is, is the correct background from my BOOKING template.

I don't want a quick fix. I want to do it the right way. What is that?

I don't know if I can break it down any further. You should have understood my first post, it was very straight forward. If you can't get a handle on this, can u have someone else look into it?

This is not a troubleshooting issue. I just need to know the operation to do what I need done.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45561 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Categories
Hi,
I have just answered you through the ticket system
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam