recurring subscription reminder emails

• Mark Skillin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 11 months ago #63986 by Mark Skillin
recurring subscription reminder emails was created by Mark Skillin
I am trying to get my head around the reminder emails, The standard reminder email causes confusion with subscribers that have signed up for a recurring plan, if I alter the standard email it will cause confusion with subscribers that do need to manually renew their subscription.
If I edit the email within the recurring plan, does that replace the standard renewal email or just add an extra one.
Cheers
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #64015 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic recurring subscription reminder emails
Hi Mark

I am abit confusing with your question. By the way the extension is designed to work, with the recurring subscription plans, no reminder email should be sent because the renewal is handled automatically by the extension and the payment gateway

So for the recurring subscription plans, you should set "Send First Reminder" and "Send second Reminder" property for this plan to 0 so that no reminders email will be sent

Tuan

More
8 years 11 months ago #64030 by Alan Henness
Replied by Alan Henness on topic recurring subscription reminder emails
Although I don't really understand Mark's problem, I think subscribers need to be told when subsequent renewals are about to be taken from the credit card/Paypal account - it may even be a legal requirement in the UK. Are you saying there is no email notice sent in this situation or is there a specific email for this?

More
8 years 11 months ago #64043 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Alan

Infact, when a recurring renewal happens, there will be notification email sent to subscribers and to admin to inform about it. You are saying that it's not enough and we still need to send reminder email before the renewal happens?

Tuan

• Mark Skillin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 11 months ago #64050 by Mark Skillin
Replied by Mark Skillin on topic recurring subscription reminder emails
Hi Taun,
I am not sure if it is a legal requirement or not, but I feel that it is common courtesy to inform users that a debit will be made from their account a least a week before the transaction is due.
Cheers
Mark

More
8 years 11 months ago #64053 by Alan Henness
I'll try to find out if it's a legal requirement or not, but it certainly is common courtesy.

More
8 years 11 months ago #64058 by ken adcock
Replied by ken adcock on topic recurring subscription reminder emails
I have both annual renewable and monthly recurring memberships on my membership pro sites. For the annual ones I like to let the users know it is time to renew. For recurring subscriptions, I don't think a notification is necessary. Microsoft Office 365 and Netflix are both set up on monthly recurring and I never get a notice until the account is debited. The system works great for me.

More
8 years 11 months ago #64069 by Alan Henness
You could be right, Ken. I asked someone I know who has some consumer legal knowledge and she said:

I don't believe it is a requirement although it would be polite/sensible to send a reminder a few days prior.

Maybe a nice-to-have feature for a future release, Tuan?

More
8 years 11 months ago #64085 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. Let me add it for future release. I think allowing each plan to have it own reminder email messages as Alan suggested should solve this issue

Tuan

• Mark Skillin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 11 months ago #64087 by Mark Skillin
Replied by Mark Skillin on topic recurring subscription reminder emails
Thanks Tuan,
While your at it could you please add a way of sorting the subscribers list by expiry date.
Cheers
Mark