hiding a membership

• Ben
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #58564 by Ben
hiding a membership was created by Ben
Hi Tuan,

Question 1st (scenario afterwards in case you are wondering why Im asking):

Q. Is it possible to create a membership plan that is not visible alongside the other plans. I have a need for an 'affiliate membership plan' but dont really want the general public to see it. I can see that I can create a menu item linked to a single plan (i dont want that menu item to be visible either) but when I publish the affiliate membership it naturally appears beside my other membership plans - can I exclude it from the general list of plans? (Plans List Column Layout)

If I remember rightly I can hide the menu item easily enough and just use a link to direct people to the single plan page, but its the plans visibility alongside other plans thats the issue.

Any help much appreciated Tuan, BW, Ben

Scenario:
I am using JoomlaThat! affiliate tracking, which integrates with my os membership. AT needs a joomla registration in order to create an affiliate account (so far not an OS issue I know, but please read on). As OSMembership redirects any attempt to access restricted content or create an account to the membership plans (exactly how I like it) it creates a bit of an issue as I do not want the general public to see the affiliate tracking membership.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Ben.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #58620 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic hiding a membership
Hi Ben

Maybe the solution below would work:

1. Create two membership categories, one for normal members and one for affiliate tracking membership

2. Assign all the normal plans to the first category

3. In the current menu item which is linked to Plans List Column Layout, edit that menu item, select the first category in the Category parameter.

4. Create a hidden menu item to link to the affiliate tracking plan. And send the link of that menu item to affiliate members

I think that solution should work

Tuan

• Ben
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #58631 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic hiding a membership
thats genius Tuan - I will give it a go

Best Wishes & happy new year

Ben

More
9 years 2 months ago #58672 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic hiding a membership
Thanks Ben. Please let me know the result once you tried it.

Tuan

• Ben
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #58684 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic hiding a membership
Hi Tuan, initially it seemed to work fine (and possily still does) but a problem started at roughly the same time so its possibly related.

When i created a couple of test memberships for the affiiate plan when i go through the initial joomla registration and submit i get a blank page with the error message "Registration failed: User name in use"

I ignored the first time, clicked back and managed to log in with the new credentials - email confirmation received without issue as well.

UPDATE: Before posting this i thought Id run a quick browser comparison. This problem seems to be on Chrome (firefox worked fine), I havent checked IE

So, in short your solution definitely worked, so thanks very much Tuan. If you have any ideas what might cause Chrome to have an issue creating a membership I'd be glad to hear.

Best Wishes, Ben