Membership pro questions

More
9 years 4 months ago #54840 by e
Membership pro questions was created by e
Just installed this component and it looks great. A few questions:
- Is it possible to expire the trial at a given date and then start the recurring subscription? (i can only see duration = n days, weeks..)
or: start the subscription period at a given date?
- Are there any documentation for the MP Paypal Pro plugin? (how is the payment form embedded/any customization available?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #54854 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership pro questions
Hi

Just installed this component and it looks great. A few questions:
- Is it possible to expire the trial at a given date and then start the recurring subscription? (i can only see duration = n days, weeks..)
or: start the subscription period at a given date?

=> Unfortunately, it is not possible. As far as I can see, there is no parameter to allow that in most of the payment gateways, so we could not implement it into the extension.

- Are there any documentation for the MP Paypal Pro plugin? (how is the payment form embedded/any customization available?)

=> Sorry, we don't have documentation for that payment plugin yet. Some information :

- It only works if you are from US, UK or Canada. If you are not from one of these countries, you could not use Paypal Pro

- It allows customers to enter credit card information directly on your site to process payment. They won't be redirected to PP

- It only support one time payment / subscription for now

Hope it gives you some information. If you have a more detailed question, please let me know so that I can give you the answer

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #54867 by e
Replied by e on topic Membership pro questions
Thanks.
My thoughts for a fixed trial period start date (which also means a fixed trial period end date); when you can set the trial period to be "n days" (or weeks..) and you add a trial period start date to the plan, the system should fairly easily be able to calculate "n days" + "days to trial period start" = m days

EG:
Trial period: 1 Mnd
Fixed trial period start date: 1. Jan (preferred trial period will be 1. Jan - 31. Jan)
User subscribe: 24. Dec (without trial period start date the recurring payments will start 24. Jan)
Solution:
Trial period + Number of days to trial period start = number of days to trial period end
31 days + 7 days = 38 days (recurring payments will now start 31. Jan)

Obviously the trial period is extended but my goal is to end all trial periods at the same time.

Is this be something you would consider adding to the component?

Edit: Or even easier; if you add a trial period end date you can the the trial period to (end date - now = n days)
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by e.

More
9 years 4 months ago #54885 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I will consider adding support for this feature in the future, however, it doesn't take high priority for me right now. So to be honest, it won't be available in the near future

If you could not use this extension because of this reason, you can request us for refund and we will be happy to refund the money of your purchase so that you can find a different extension (not sure there is any extension support this feature out of the box)

Tuan

More
9 years 4 months ago #54903 by e
Replied by e on topic Membership pro questions
No problem, Tuan.
I can still use the plugin, but im considering trying to rewrite it myself.

More
9 years 4 months ago #54904 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. I am busy finishing new version of the extension at the moment. I will try to look at it again on Monday next week to see whether we can add offical support for this feature to the extension.

Will inform you on my Monday afternoon

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 1 week ago #62027 by Frank K
Replied by Frank K on topic Membership pro questions
Tuan:

I know it has been a while. But actually, this is a function I am looking for too. And I believe many others will benefit.

For example, a one year subscription with 2-week trial period. The user don't have to put in payment information in the beginning. But after the two week trial period, he has to do that in order to continue the subscription.

This will help me to attract more customers.

Thank you,

Frank